• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Monica Rambeau aka The Second Captain Marvel aka Photon aka Spectum. The first woman team leader of the avengers, and also the first black team leader of the avengers
686048._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Oberon Kaine space mercnary, formed a fighting force of gods, aliens, superhumans, and a baby to take on a big G Mad God. Using only genius tactical mind, and "I am too old for this shit" blackmanatitude
403403-9212-131029-1-negation.jpg

Malcolm Dragon(I call the 1 drop rule, he even has electical powers). Inherited the title and book from his dad.
stl173549.jpg

Hero Cruz wielder of the HERO dial and member of Superboy and the Ravers. One of DC first openly gay heroes
herocruz8.jpg

Windshear a Canadian-British superhero, who i really like his costume and powers
wind76.jpg

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
I would highly recommend The Other History of the DC Universe by John Ridley. It's currently still in print and just published its second issue recently. The first issue focuses on Black Lightning and is incredible.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Static_Vol_1_1.jpg

I've been dying to read Static's comic for years now and DC is finally putting it up on Comixology, only they're doing one issue a week and I'm mad again.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a913defd72de51e0f756615d38edfe0e.jpg

Storm is the best and Bishop rocks a jheri curl. I love them both.

Storm more than anybody else, tho.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
2605_4_0288.jpg

Gets my vote but that's just going with my Fox kids knowledge of the character

Edit: Beat me to it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing to come out of Reign of the Supermen.

latest

He was the only one not claiming to be Superman, has had mostly awesome costumes, and has had a great arc of being inspired by Superman to inspiring his niece to become the next Steel. As a kid I thought he was the lamest of the four supermen but over time I realized my mistake.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Static_Vol_1_1.jpg

I've been dying to read Static's comic for years now and DC is finally putting it up on Comixology, only they're doing one issue a week and I'm mad again.

Static is sooo good! Honestly how DC has not made a live action series.. basically follow the cartoon and makie it more mature..

I heard rumours of a live action movie.. I hope so.

To me Virgil is the closest DC got to Peter Parker for relatability.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Glad Monica Rambeau is the first mentioned. Bought a bunch of imported(translated ones were compiled edited ones with mainly only spider-man and xmen) second hand comics(mainly avengers and alpha flight) as a child, she was seriously the coolest to kid me when she did that power move(I can't even remember exactly what it was she did) that made her burn through many kilos of actual bodymass. For nerd me this was the epitome of being badass considering e=mc^2 lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Rusch, the second Firestorm came about in the mid-00s in a small push by DC when creating legacy heroes alongside Ryan Choi, the second Atom, and Jaime Reyes, the third Blue Beetle.

7170.jpg

Jason's ongoing series spun out of Identity Crisis, which featured the death of Ronnie Raymond, the first Firestorm and resulted in Jason gaining the Firestorm Matrix, and lasted 35 issues. I last read the series in like 2009 so I don't remember the exact details, but I do remember liking it well enough since Firestorm was an all new character to me.

Jason unfortunately has had a mostly bad run since. Ronnie was revived as a Black Lantern in the Green Lantern event Blackest Night, and he proceeded to murder Jason's girlfriend Gehenna and trap Jason in the Matrix until the end of the story where he was brought back to life. The story then pretty much entirely focused on Ronnie as the main face of Firestorm (cliff notes: the Firestorm Matrix involves two people fusing together into Firestorm with one in control and the other appearing as a ghostly head. Ronnie used to fuse with his college professor, Martin Stein, before getting the powers for himself, and then later Jason would team up with multiple people including his aforementioned girlfriend) and extensively focused on him acting like a frat bro, showing up to Gehenna's funeral hungover from a party his friends threw him for coming back, and cracking about transforming objects into his favourite jello shots (In the meantime Geoff Johns, who wrote the story where Ronnie killed Gehenna, tried to introduce a new love interest for Jason while he was openly grieving her death). Come the New 52 Firestorm gets a series where both Jason and Ronnie are the leads in a story about a superhero arms race between rival nations but didn't last long. The biggest Firestorm story from this period is probably Future's End, wherein Ronnie traps Jason in the Matrix again for months at a time and the story, again, focuses on his feelings. As far as I can remember, Jason's only really made a handful of appearances since.

He's doing a little better in other media though. He got to be the face of Firestorm in Batman: The Brave & The Bold and appeared in Injustice 2.

Technically Bishop is Aborigine, but I will allow it

I think they've wavered on that. I know at least that in District X by David Hine Bishop refers to himself as black.

Marvel may have forgotten they made a second patriot

I think this has something to do with character copyright, so Eli was written out and now there's a new Patriot, but I'm not entirely sure.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Monica Rambeau is the first mentioned. Bought a bunch of imported(translated ones were compiled edited ones with mainly only spider-man and xmen) second hand comics(mainly avengers and alpha flight) as a child, she was seriously the coolest to kid me when she did that power move(I can't even remember exactly what it was she did) that made her burn through many kilos of actual bodymass. For nerd me this was the epitome of being badass considering e=mc^2 lol.
I liked when the Avengers were fighting Zeus and she one of the few that managed to get a good lick in.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished reading the Ironheart TBP and really loved Riri Williams.

fxa3krz.jpg

Looking forward to that Disney+ show!

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Started reading Mighty Avengers with Luke Cage, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, Blade in the lineup. Good read so far.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Just picked this up two weeks ago! Didn't read the previous series, but this first issue was great. Some obvious connections to what is going on in the US currently (or still) as well.
Abbott_1973_001_Cover_A_Main.jpg

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
DC need to get around to releasing that Milestone reboot. Their #0 wasn't enough. I wanna see all these characters shine. Folks are ready for more Static.

Milestone-Returns-issue-0-featured.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC need to get around to releasing that Milestone reboot. Their #0 wasn't enough. I wanna see all these characters shine. Folks are ready for more Static.

Milestone-Returns-issue-0-featured.jpg

I remember reading that the DCAU Static cartoon had amazing ratings, only getting beaten out by Pokemon at the height of its initial popularity, but nobody was buying the toys so it got the axe.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fox did Darwin dirty.

Killed off the mutant that can adapt to anything.

First Class just feels like an incredibly racist movie.

Darwin dies first even though he has the Mutant power of not dying, Angel defects to join the villains almost immediately, and at the end the day is saved from Magneto's Brotherhood of Cultural Diversity by four white dudes (and Moira MacTaggert, but then Xavier mind wipes her).