• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would really like to message friends on my switch instead of having to text them but I guess that costs more than 20$ a year.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still missing basic and essential features. I don't know much about Netcode but lag and connection issues in some games bring me back to the ps2 online days. The current state of Smash online is unacceptable. But yea, SNES games are nice

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Question about a family subscription. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a family sub and then add members who may be registered in other countries? E.g. I'm registered on the US eShop (but based in the UK) - if I buy a family sub, could I add accunts which have a Nintendo account connected to the UK eShop?

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Especially with SNES games added, I think the service represents a pretty good value for how little it costs. The worst part about it for me is the fact that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's online is still pretty shit in terms of stability, but I don't play much MK8D these days so I can mostly overlook that... even if there's no excuse for how bad it still is.

But if we ever get Puzzle League 99 (we won't), NSO instantly becomes the best online service regardless of anything else. One and done.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a good service. I hate that the only nice thing I have to say about it is "it's only $20."

I am optimistic though. Nintendo's got a big history of weird launches that turn into good things. This might just need a bit more time.

Nov 13, 2017
Question about a family subscription. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a family sub and then add members who may be registered in other countries? E.g. I'm registered on the US eShop (but based in the UK) - if I buy a family sub, could I add accunts which have a Nintendo account connected to the UK eShop?

Yep, pretty sure that's what I'm doing.
My brother is part of mine and he currently lives in the US while the rest of us live in Australia.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
9300c4955ad22b75a7af5822948cd50a_25311.gif

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Its such a nothing service that I forget I have it to be honest. I only pay like 6 bucks a year so its whatever and Ill enjoy what they give.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Celebrating or commiserating?

As a paid member to every online service (Xbox, PSN, Switch) I feel like the most lacklustre is the switch's offering.... friends codes, lack of voice app.... just seems weak.