• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only 10%?

You'd think the staff generating 100% of the profit through the products the company sells would get more than 10% of it.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like they give their employees a choice and announce it that way.

But we all know there is no choice and saying no will see said employees standing with a cardboard box outside of the office in no time.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Nice move. But the same as previous years? Surely it should be a little higher if they are shipping a new game this year?

Still it's nice to be rewarded.

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Attacking another user, trolling, and misrepresenting an industry issue to dismiss criticism; account in junior phase
Schreier is poison.

People work weekends close to deadline shock!

Millions of people are being made unemployed due to the pandemic and he's banging on the desk about people working a Saturday closer to deadline!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It says "Like in recent years", so does that mean this is something they've already been doing for a few years now?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty awesome. Specially given they're going to do an absurd amount of money this year.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe standards are so low that people are congratulating them for saying "we're crunching our devs but at least they're getting paid". Crunch is a sign of mismanagement, this is just damage control.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Schreier is poison.

Millions of people are being made unemployed due to the pandemic and he's banging on the desk about people working a Saturday closer to deadline!
You think living at your desk, 14-16 hour days, six hours a week, sleeping at work is acceptable?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused by Schreier's tweet being somehow embedded in that announcement?

Does Twitter highlight the most relevant reply? Did Adam Badowski somehow merge the tweets? I'm confused.

Anywho, the tweet reads to me:
We will, just like we did in years prior, share profits with our developers.
Meanwhile, we ask our developers for Crunch - something we've said we wouldn't be doing last year.

So, this is ... bad news, kinda?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
April 2021 - 'CD Projekt Red report no profits for financial year'.

In all seriousness though that's a nice thing they're doing but giving people extra doesn't excuse forcing them to crunch for months on end - assuming that reports of it being ongoing for months are accurate.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind crunch if its only a short period like 2 or 3 weeks. I think the Cyberpunk devs are probably crunching for months now. It will have impact on their lives for sure. I hope the money they get out of this compensates the suffering they have gone through. It will be a lot of money for sure but some things can't be fixed with money.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Only 10%?"

I can't think of many companies (not just in the gaming world) that do this. It's a decent gesture.
That you think people only reaping 10% of the rewards of their creativity and hard work as a "decent gesture" shows how fucked up everything is.

I imagine the other 90% flows to people who have contributed literally fuck all.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Schreier is poison.

Crunch is a major issue and CDPR said they would not do crunch. I can barely do 7 hours of work for 5 days a week without feeling tired all the time, more so due to the pandemic and the extra stress.
Just because people are losing their jobs doesnt mean the ones that keep theirs should have to work crazy work weeks.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
You think living at your desk, 14-16 hour days, sleeping at work is acceptable?
If I was passionate about my work and loved every second of what I did, I'd fucking do it. Hell, I used to do this at my previous job, sure it was a call center for StubHub, but I would work 7 days a week, 12 hour days on my regularly scheduled days, and 10 hour days on my days off. Sure I didn't need to sleep there, but I also legally wasn't allowed to. I would trade shifts when our company would run into a rough spot with a certain event to work overnight chats and emails, I would offer myself up to do OT or help others out. Being forced to do it is one thing, but when you actually love doing it, it doesn't feel stressful or like a job. Yes, the games industry is different, but I am sure there are some that enjoy this and some that don't. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.