• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

At around 13:00 is the statement.
So they okayed this shitshow on PS4/XB under assumption (?) it would be fixed.
Whole Q&A is kinda "so sorry ;( please don't refund lol" tone so you can tell it's a mess.

I thought this was interesting in light of "how did they allow this to launch on base consoles" discussion, but if it's a no go CDPR thread then please lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
They sound like it was their first game on consoles and are a band of amateurs and not a supposedly world class studio.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
The proper thing to do would have been one of several things:

1) Delay the game AGAIN and have it be for next gen consoles. Not the best solution because they would leave money on the table for PS4/Xbox One owners but it would be usable.
2) Put a disclaimer on the game to advise purchasers to use it on PS4 Pro/Xbox One X only.
3) Pull the game from publication for console until base consoles version is fixed.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, this practice of just trusting in the day 1 patch needs to stop.
Is it a good thing we can work on games after they go gold? Very much so, yes. Can we expect wonders? No, and we shouldn't. This is mostly on CDPR, but it's also on MS and Sony and they'd better refund.

Oct 27, 2017
This is how a game can get delayed after it goes gold. I wonder if this will lead to a change in policy for cert candidates. I doubt it but hopefully some good can come from this.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the quote and the link for the transcript

First – your question was about the focus and the cause of ours ignoring, so to speak, the shortcomings of the current-gen version. It is more about us looking – as was previously stated – at the PC and next-gen performance rather than current-gen. We definitely did not spend enough time looking at that. I wouldn't say that we felt any external or internal pressure to launch on the date – other than the normal pressure, which is typical for any release. So that was not the cause. In terms of the certification process and the third parties – this is definitely on our side. I can only assume that they trusted that we're going to fix things upon release, and that obviously did not come together exactly as we had planned.

Last edited:

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The proper thing to do would have been one or two things:

1) Delay the game AGAIN and have it be for next gen consoles. Not the best solution because they would leave money on the table for PS4/Xbox One owners but it would be usable.
2) Put a disclaimer on the game to advise purchasers to use it on PS4 Pro/Xbox One X only.

3) Cancel the PS4/XBONE versions, reduce the need for crunch and refund the pre-purchases

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Thats what i had assumed. Smaller devs probably wouldnt have gone past their check but big devs do get leeway and they do have to provide some leniency to big pubs.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Be interesting to know how common this is ? how certification works regarding game quality. What exactly is benchmark for passing it ? that the game boots and works with the pad and System UI !?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Occasionally we get games that are just ridiculously hyped that it penetrates into the mainstream conscience and your average everybody knows about it.

Wonder if it would have been worth just releasing on PC first, then consoles at a later date? I know that's easier said than done and with the benefit of hindsight, but it seems like quite a few popular games have been fine with that method.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Everybody failed the public trust with this game.
  • CDPR (fuck them) by being assholes, malicious and liars.
  • The gaming press (super fuck them) by failing to inform the public and hold CDPR accountable. Also the 10/10s, wtf.
  • The console makers for having certified this trash and not giving out refunds.
This industry is trash and Cyberpunk showed us that.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I mean even if they were "mainly" looking at the pc and next gen consoles theirs still a ton of ridiculous bugs. Performance is definitely better though.

m_sakura

Mar 22, 2019
Q6: Hello; I have three questions. First, regarding the refunds again, but another issue: I was wondering whether your console partners, like Microsoft and Sony will by any chance participate in the refunds, or is the financial burden yours only? The second question – are you considering giving away a bigger DLC for free to make gamers feel less disappointed? Is it on the table? And the last one – could you comment on the latest leak from Jason Schreier about the change in your bonus policy? I'm wondering – will it be connected with the game's revenues or will you be giving out bonuses at nominal value to retain the staff? That's all from me.

MN: I'll start – the question is whether Microsoft and Sony are participating financially in refunds. One has to understand: Microsoft and Sony have refund policies for every product that is released digitally on their storefronts. Despite several articles I've seen that things are being set up just for us, it's actually not true – these policies are in place and have always been in place; they're not offered specifically for us.

LOL

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Change Ubisoft for CDProject.

HighlevelWhirlwindAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We are limiting the number of Cyberpunk 2077 threads, for reasons outlined in the OP of the Official Thread. Please continue discussion in this OT.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| Welcome to Night City (READ THE OP BEFORE YOU POST)

Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077? CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this...

Status
Not open for further replies.