• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm sure it's been said before but the fact that this game was meant to launch a few months back is absolutely wild.

Imagine if this actually launched months before PS5 and XSX were even out.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
i63jss8p7z561vpjgn.jpg
The image doesn't load for me, so I hope this is a clever reference to this display of brilliant competence:

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Good, they'll be made an example of.
I can't say I feel any sympathy, I just feel for the devs in this mess.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good. Further into the gutter this trash company goes the better.
oh man, this company still made one of the best game this gen (witcher 3) and cyberpunk for all its flaws looks like its a good game that simply was rushed to market. I know that there is a lot of problems with this company due to crunch, which is a general issue in the gaming industry, the depiction of transgenders also seems despicable but asking a studio to shut down seems a bit too much. people will loose jobs.

Jun 13, 2020
oh man, this company still made one of the best game this gen (witcher 3) and cyberpunk for all its flaws looks like its a good game that simply was rushed to market. I know that there is a lot of problems with this company due to crunch, which is a general issue in the gaming industry (even nintendo, i mean if you hear w
Did you forget about all the rest? There's a stickied post you might want to read.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
CDPR are totally gonna argue that they never actually showed the base PS4/XB1 versions so they technically couldn't have misrepresented those versions.

You know it's coming.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this company go from an untouchable thrown to where they sit now has been a wild ride.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
oh man, this company still made one of the best game this gen (witcher 3) and cyberpunk for all its flaws looks like its a good game that simply was rushed to market. I know that there is a lot of problems with this company due to crunch, which is a general issue in the gaming industry, the depiction of transgenders also seems despicable but asking a studio to shut down seems a bit too much. people will loose jobs.
Nah. I'll not shed any tears for a sordid company like CDPR going under.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I think the problem here seems to be more the scale than the fact the games are buggy and/or perform poorly. Look at like...Shadow of Mordor on PS3. Seems equally broken. But no one cared. CDPR's game is too high profile for this many people to be hoodwinked.
The "real" problem is that CDP's stock value dropped by half since the game launched. This lawsuit wouldn't exist if CDP was a private company or if they were part of a much larger conglomerate.

I think Shadow of Mordor's sales were roughly as expected. But even if the game imploded, I don't think it would've made such a big wave, as it's just one of many releases under Warner Bros Entertainment.

this game came out 9 days ago

lmao
2020 has been one helluva time dilation experience

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR well and truly fucked up. They really should've cancelled the last-gen versions, instead of hiding them from view and releasing them as-is. Just couldn't let go of these sweet, sweet pre-orders I guess. Now they're in a world of shit.

Yep if we go by pre orders it would be near 240 million in revenue for the consoles.
That is just pre orders i sure they though get another 240 million and more in revenue form console over xmas .
To much money to give up .

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm sorry for the devs who had to work for ungodly amounts of time and now will have to face all the backlash, but honestly, fuck CDPR. The higher-ups deserve all of this.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So much for being the next Bioware.

I mean, the parallels to "they can't do nothing wrong" to instantaneous crashing downwards is very Bioware. For a few years, Bioware stole the Sonic Cycle from Sega because their quality dropped starting with Sonic Chronicles.

Of course, this is more of a speedrun to the downfall we saw happen with Bioware and Bethesda. Assaults on Fallout 76 weren't nearly as sharp and fast, for example. People expected that game to be janky, but Cyberpunk 2077 tried to lie and say every version was acceptable. Even on PC there's assertions of manipulation.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the biggest blunder of the generation? Ignoring the Don Matrick Xbox One era, of course.
I still think this tops even that. Xbox always online was trash, but they never lied to anyone about what it was. Consumers just didn't like it.

CDPR has been apparently lying to everyone (Customers, investors, developers) and the game (apparently) was trash in the process. They are gonna catch hell for a long time and even if the next game they release borderline perfect, will gamers let bygones be bygone?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol.

"How to destroy a company in 10 days"
this is the problem of game companies though. they rely heavily on a few blockbusters to keep them afloat. thats why we see big studios like westwood, lionhead, bullfrog etc. shut down. even if they had incredibky successful games a dud or two (saleswise) will kill them. this has now become even worse. a sales disappointment can shutdown studios immediately. no wonder big publishers have their annual big game they rely on, be it fifa, call of duty or assassins creed.

CDPR is rather independent but that makes them even more vulnerable because they are very dependent on that one game hat comes out every 5 years.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Serious question.... Can you really be sued for making a buggy game? That seems like a dangerous precedent to set.

No. Bug you CAN be sued for lying to investors.

Basically if CDPR had been honest and said that they were having trouble with the console versions, so were only releasing PC for now (or delaying altogether) their stock would have taken a small hit, but they wouldn't be liable.

It is the misrepresentation that is going to put the company on the hook for investor losses.