• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ya I would have been reallllly surprised if they went with exclusitivity. These guys owe so much success to the steam user base and they're smart enough to realize that. They've built a very good reputation among gamers, would have been silly to just undo all that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah. But I don't get why that's the thing that upsets people. A game is made by hundreds of people, and I don't blame the whole for one or two idiots directly or indirectly associated with that project who run their mouths or tweet like idiots.

But the poor representation of minorities is a full-on backed and supported, creative decision of design leads, animators, artists, programmers, level designers who all collectively thought that was okay. Nobody at one point protested this.

Hopefully they make changes in the final build.

And yes, to get back on track, its always nice to see CDPR have pro-consumer business models. They take a lot of shit, but they deserve credit where credit is due.

Lol those PR shots. I guess they didn't even see the problem, which... I had not seen those shots before.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if they wanted it exclusive to anything it'd be GOG, lol.
...I say, even though Ubi has UPlay and is still making deals with the Devil...

undu

Oct 28, 2017
I could see CDPR launching it only on GOG and EGS, ignoring Steam completely.

But I'm just jaded at this point.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we praising this company for anything right now? I realize people don't like the EGS situation, but the shit that's been surrounding CDPR and GoG recently is far worse.

Because the thread is not about the state of CDP or GOG as a whole but this particular talking point that is relevant due to recent happening in the industry. CDPR will get their due in threads pertaining to the company as a whole when/if they slip up.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other members
Good news, but I would have like for it to be egs exclusive just to see the meltdown here : o

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Surprised they went for the ambiguous answer instead of saying "it will be available day 1 on steam"
Really? They own a distribution platform (GOG). If they named one of their main competitors by name they would get in trouble for no good reason, everything from some idiot "journalist" writing a piece entitled "CDPR no longer has faith in GOG", to investors being confused.

The right option is to keep it simple, mention no names, and get the message out.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If I am reading it right the tweet seems to indicate they want to put it on as many stores as they can? I'm not sure Epic would even need to pay them.
I inferred "all stores that are economically viable", which is still very much an unanswered question for Epic Store.

Also if smaller games can get an upfront payment, why wouldn't this? It would be like business management for CD Projekt Red to not ask for the money that they can obviously easily get. They would be in the position of power.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
1-) They have a store already
2-) They are well aware of their reputation as a "customer friendly" company. No way in hell they would try to ruin it, even with a lot of Epic's money.
3-) They don't need it.
4-) See number 2 again

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I think when new PC games are announced they will just put PC instead of using Steam's logo, just in case.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
They are shapping up to be a titan in the industry. Pretty sure they are gonna throw their weight around soon enough.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad that this is what Epic has done to PC gaming. We have to celebrate being able to buy a game however we want.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. But I don't get why that's the thing that upsets people. A game is made by hundreds of people, and I don't blame the whole for one or two idiots directly or indirectly associated with that project who run their mouths or tweet like idiots.

But the poor representation of minorities is a full-on backed and supported, creative decision of design leads, animators, artists, programmers, level designers who all collectively thought that was okay. Nobody at one point protested this.

Hopefully they make changes in the final build.

And yes, to get back on track, its always nice to see CDPR have pro-consumer business models. They take a lot of shit, but they deserve credit where credit is due.
You don't see how someone could make multiple tweets like that without any decent apologies as a potential indication of the broader corporate culture at CDPR? For all we know without a huge amount of outcry at the third tweet that guy might still be working at CDPR.

I see both that and the lack of representation in-game as inextricably linked.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic have done the impossible, making me consider the Windows Store version of The Outer Worlds. But it's still a shitty situation.

Likewise, if Ubisoft ever make a game I'm interested in again (as unlikely as that is), EGS will push me into the rather awkward embrace with Uplay.

But if they do a similar dual store deal with CDPR, those guys can laugh all the way to the bank at the high cost they extracted from Epic for literally nothing. GOG is a badass service and I'm happy to be a customer of theirs. I was gonna get Cyberpunk on it anyway!

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
No confirmation. "Your platform of choice" is their goal. Doesn't mean they'll make it. Also this tweet leaves room for timed exclusivity.
But sure, it implies and indicates something...not negative. So let's be casually optimistic why not.

-----

My problem with CDP's tweet shitfest is the company's poor response to them.

As far as I'm aware they're yet to even acknowledge that the tweets were transphobic, much less distanced themselves from such values or said or shown that they support trans rights.

Just "sorry you were offended" and "we frame the existence of trans people as a debate"
Thankfully they didn't intend any harm as they kept causing it, so that makes it ok.
The last one was supposedly written by fired GOG guy's manager after he rejected the apology GOG guy had written up, and told him that they would not be apologizing for this.

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
50 million
"Our goal is to offer CP2077 on every platform possible."
250 million
"The Epic Store is a rising star in PC community, we cannot wait to see where it goes!"
500 million
"We are proud to announce that CP2077 will launch exclusively on Epic Game Store!"

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
There is approximately zero chance that it won't be on GOG at launch.
It might become GOG and Epic exclusive - this tweet does not commit to anything, and wouldn't be legally binding anyway - but that wouldn't be the worst thing for most people.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
I don't know. That's a very open to interpretation tweet. Publishers and developers change their opinions once enough money are involved. It's CDPR though, and they've always been very pro-consumer. Guess we'll find out this E3.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Well, yea that's what I was trying to get at with the second part of my post, lol. Sorry if I said it weirdly.
No, it's fine, I just wanted to reinforce your point.

Some people think that it's all about "Steam fanboys", but I believe that if people had an established, reliable, pro-consumer and relatively feature-rich option like GoG available there wouldn't be much of an outcry.

Last edited:

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Take 2 exec said the same thing. Yet here we are.

CDPR certainly won't go exclusive EGS , but I could see them going for GoG/EGS release with no 3rd party key sellers like Ubisoft did with Division 2 if Epic writes a large enough check.

That would certainly be a tough test for me to see if I can hold out (and not buy it on GoG).

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get it on GOG like I did with Witcher 3 and Gwent. Always glad to support the developer.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
They fired the employee confirmed to be at least one of those accounts and have hired someone who has been doing a decent job. We don't know if the same employee managed both accounts so it's up to speculation, but action was taken at the very least.
Still a lot of unforced errors for a late dismissal to make up for it and get me me say 'all is good time to root for [insert corporation here].'

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'll play it on Stadia if possible. If not, then Epic store for me. Trying to build my EGS library.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
All of this is funny considering that having exclusivity on one digital marketplace doesn't actually decrease audience size at all. There's nothing that keeps someone from buying on either. It's not like console exclusitivity.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that they'd make it exclusive to GOG on PC, if the sales of Thronebreaker when it was GOG-exclusive for a bit weren't lacklustre. Or at least it made them making it exclusive less likely.

Last edited:

LRB1983

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if get it on GOG or Steam -if it launches there at some point- I really like GOG but I play this kind of games with a controller and be able to play with my controller of choice -DualShock 4 in my case- is a point, I would like the other launchers add this.
If EGS ends being a launcher to stay here should add it.