• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling and antagonizing other members
I really, really, really want them to cut an exclusivity deal with Epic. I just... I need to see that fallout. I need to see that more than anything else in life. Please... Epic... Give them whatever they want. I need to see it!

*edit*
Yeah, that is a fair warning. I apologize for my antagonism. I really didn't mean any harm, but in retrospect I see that the comment was dickish.

Last edited:

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
They have their own platform, obviously they won't go Epic Store exclusive.

If anything, they could do one of those wonky "no Steam for a year" agreements, but most people wouldn't mind much because unlike EGS, GoG is actually a decent Steam alternative.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you CDPR but I also know that dump trucks of money have been known to change minds.

Edit: It being on GoG is pretty much a given. It being on Steam is now the question.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pc is a platform, no

Surprised they went for the ambiguous answer instead of saying "it will be available day 1 on steam"

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't understand how this was even a concern. They literally own a game distribution platform. Of course it was never going to be EGS-only.

Right. but there's precedent though now for the game to (potentially) release as GoG/EGS dual exclusive though, similar to Division 2 (Uplay/EGS) or now The Outer Worlds (W10/EGS).

At least the prospect of buying it on GoG isn't that concerning. I'd consider buying it there even if it does end up releasing everywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I will believe it when it actually happens. I can easily see Cyberpunk cutting steam out and releasing only on GOG and Epic if Epic pay the asking price. A similar thing to the way Ubisoft have behaved with Division 2.

Not saying it will happen but these days you cannot trust the word of a dev or a publisher.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I mean of course they are going to release Cyberpunk on GoG, it's their own store so that's that.. the only question is on how many PC stores it's going to be released in the end

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
CDPR on the ball. Good to hear.
I quite like seeing and hearing from people excited about a game they go, with everyone on different platform still able to take part.
Outside of stupid exclusivity nonsense, multiplayer games are where this the problems are, but it looks like there are solutions on the way to properly handle that.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I believe you CDPR but I also know that dump trucks of money have been known to change minds.
Given the amount of sales TW3 had on GoG, they'd literally need a 50 million+ moneyhat.
And that's before calculating the further effect on their own distribution platform and its subsequent viability, which is potentially much larger than that.

This is about as likely as Ubisoft not putting their own games on Uplay. Or even less likely, actually, since GoG is legitimately trying to be a third party platform.

Right. but there's precedent though now for the game to (potentially) release as GoG/EGS dual exclusive though, similar to Division 2 (Uplay/EGS) or now The Outer Worlds (W10/EGS).
There's a possibility of that, but it isn't a concern for most people I'd assume.

Because people actually like GoG, and it has all the basic features like cloud saves, achievements, reviews and forums covered.

You never lie, Durante.
That's nothing to even joke about. MS store is more feature-rich than EGS, but if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to buy a game on one of the two I'd still use EGS. (And that's pretty much the only way to make me spend money on either of them at this point)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
TBH this seems like the kind of game Epic would reeeeeeeally want as an exclusive...

I feel it and for some reason i expect to wake up to 2077 exclusive on epic store. Not trying to jinx it and I know they just said what they said in the tweet but idk hard to explain but i can feel it .

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See what I mean? Time and time again, CDPR always does things that put the gamer first. Regardless of financials, because they know that gamer loyalty is financially more rewarding in the long run than any short term financial gains you get from incentives like EGS, etc. CDPR is a GOAT publisher/developer.

CDPR is one of the greatest in the industry right now.

Not trying to derail the thread but I don't really think a company with such a recent history of transphobic incidents deserves praise like this regardless of how good their games are. It makes me uneasy and seems like we are giving them a pass.

But yes their pricing and distribution are very good and I am quite happy with the GOG store.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
That's nothing to even joke about. MS store is more feature-rich than EGS, but if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to buy a game on one of the two I'd still use EGS. (And that's pretty much the only way to make me spend money on either of them at this point)

EGS: A gun to people's head would make people use our service? Well boy, let me grab me guns.

Seriously, The only reason why developers are doing this is because they've the console versions to fall back on. I doubt we will ever see a PC only developer make an EGS exclusive, lol.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine GOG isn't too happy with Epic at the moment considering how they've had to kill the fair pricing policy to compete with Epic's lower cut, and stop devs from abandoning their store.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Given the amount of sales TW3 had on GoG, they'd literally need a 50 million+ moneyhat.
And that's before calculating the further effect on their own distribution platform and its subsequent viability, which is potentially much larger than that.

This is about as likely as Ubisoft not putting their own games on Uplay. Or even less likely, actually, since GoG is legitimately trying to be a third party platform.

I should have been more clear, I don't for a second believe it won't be on GoG, which is fine by me as that is where I was planning on buying it anyway. The question is if their goal to "make Cyberpunk 2077 available to as many gamers as possible on their platform of choice" will still include Steam when Epic starts rolling up with cash in hand.

Last edited:

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Am I the only one reading "platform" as "PC", in which case it means they could totally do exclusive to EGS and still have it be on "as many platforms as possible"? Am I reading something that's not there? Fully aware also that CDPR has even more incentive since they own GOG

Oct 25, 2017
The only way they would accept that is if they could release on GOG as well. They would lose a lot more money by not being on GOG than they would gain from the Epic moneyhat. That's really all there is to this. "Good guy CDPR" my butt.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
See what I mean? Time and time again, CDPR always does things that put the gamer first. Regardless of financials, because they know that gamer loyalty is financially more rewarding in the long run than any short term financial gains you get from incentives like EGS, etc. CDPR is a GOAT publisher/developer.
may I remind you that they released Witcher's tales exclusive for a couple of weeks on GOG...

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITT: People lavishly praising a company for selling their own product on their own store.
You can thank Epic for creating a situation so shit that this is something people even consider worth praising.

There's a possibility of that, but it isn't a concern for most people I'd assume.

Because people actually like GoG, and it has all the basic features like cloud saves, achievements, reviews and forums covered.

Agreed, although I'd still be disappointed to see GoG taking the deal especially since it would inconvenience Linux users a little (assuming it runs on Proton), I wouldn't be too fussed. GOG is completely usable and they are generally trying to do positive things.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
Epic could make a deal with them and give away Fortnite skins (playing as V. with the samurai jacket) for buying the game on their store. I think that would actually attract alot of people.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
75f9da1e7f41aa5cd1c37bac02c65daa79020754.gif

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's best to just get it on GOG anyway. It'll be DRM free for sure there. No need to launch an app to play it.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Didnt they fire the PR manager behind the transphobic tweet a while back?

Yeah. But I don't get why that's the thing that upsets people. A game is made by hundreds of people, and I don't blame the whole for one or two idiots directly or indirectly associated with that project who run their mouths or tweet like idiots.

But the poor representation of minorities is a full-on backed and supported, creative decision of design leads, animators, artists, programmers, level designers who all collectively thought that was okay. Nobody at one point protested this.

Hopefully they make changes in the final build.

And yes, to get back on track, its always nice to see CDPR have pro-consumer business models. They take a lot of shit, but they deserve credit where credit is due.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we praising this company for anything right now? I realize people don't like the EGS situation, but the shit that's been surrounding CDPR and GoG recently is far worse.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Minorities so far are gang members, running convenience stores, and driving taxis - perhaps things will look different in the final game
Yeah. But I don't get why that's the thing that upsets people. A game is made by hundreds of people, and I don't blame the whole for one or two idiots directly or indirectly associated with that project who run their mouths or tweet like idiots.

But the poor representation of minorities is a full-on backed and supported, creative decision of design leads, animators, artists, programmers, level designers who all collectively thought that was okay. Nobody at one point protested this.

Hopefully they make changes in the final build.

And yes, to get back on track, its always nice to see CDPR have pro-consumer business models. They take a lot of shit, but they deserve credit where credit is due.

Did you forget about both support NPCs? The black lady talking via radio and the mexican/latino dude with V?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. But I don't get why that's the thing that upsets people. A game is made by hundreds of people, and I don't blame the whole for one or two idiots directly or indirectly associated with that project who run their mouths or tweet like idiots./QUOTE]

If it wasn't their head PR guy I'd agree 100%. He was a company's voice at one point.