• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The amount of times this thread has somehow become fixated once more on this Hasan guy

Just because he's hot and says things you like while watching the news doesn't mean he's magically perfect

The obsession with him, followed by utter shock when he goes and says something dumb is really mind bogging

I kinda disagree with just letting him off the hook/ignoring him - he does (usually) read chat to some degree, is a huge leftist voice towards young impressionable gamers who have 1000 places to go to get radicalized by right-wing views and 10 places to go to find left ones, and he will continue to have huge viewership spikes as he collaborates with actual politicians (he's going to play Uno with Warnock, who is running for Senate in GA and naturally has a lot of eyes on him at the moment). While he's devoted to playing the game is probably not a good time to reach out but I don't think completely writing him off in the future is the move unless the view and rhetoric persists

May 26, 2018
The Mox sounds like a gang of cross dressers, probably not the best gang to say they're a trap. I mean people use that Star Wars reference to transphobic effect.

Sure, I understand that people use the Star Wars meme for transphobic purposes. The members of that gang are thoroughly cis from what I've seen. It seems, at least to me, that the writing is meant to rail on criminal prostitutes from the perspective of a provocative and cynical guide for tourists.

But maybe I'm just not picking up the subtle clues here. The tweet might be absolutely right. I am trying to see it, and I apologize if I'm just not getting it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Eo7P2kQUcAADBaP

They have gangs which consist of Christian Hispanic folk and Haitians with reference to headless roosters (aka racial stereotypes)...are there any white supremacist gangs?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just that CDPR have clearly made an effort to be accommodating. He was also saying the game is about the hyper sexualisation and commodification of human bodies so it makes sense for that world. There was other stuff too, dude went off for about 10 minutes.

Starts at 02:54:00 if you wanna listen/watch yourself.

Makes me think of this:

Very 'accommodating'.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
wtf is happening with this company
(I know problems with modders doesn't come close to the other shit they said or did, just pointing out this one more shit)

May 26, 2018
wtf is happening with this company
(I know problems with modders doesn't come close to the other shit they said or did, just pointing out this one more shit)

Wowwww, so all the quality of life improvements people are waiting on with mods are just not going to materialize?

Sad thing is this will get more people pissed off at CDPR, WAY more, than the transphobia.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Ebay germany is flooded with shrink wrapped PS4 copies for 50-55bucks.

even if they raked in the money, their reputation will definitely take a huge hit...which is good. i´ve played this game for 5 hrs on the PS5 and i don´t see anything extraordinary about it at all. this is a yesteryear game, i can understand when people like it but all around it does not do anything fresh or new. it is dated in its systems and all around a huge bummer.

this game definitely deserves to get heavy criticism from the players, not only because of the stance regarding trans people but because it is just not an awesome game at all.

i know reviews are subjective but i do not get rating this higher than 7/10, considering the bugs i would have given this is 6/10. it is just not special.

i also respect that people loved Witcher 3 but this game was just ass to me. Gwent was great, the rest was laughable. standard quests elevated by some elaborated blah, alpha male protagonist having two chicks around him for the "woo, what a guy" factor, silly "sex scenes", standard open world tropes for what people consider an "rpg". it was a mainstream game through and through with shitty combat.

they never deserved to get the kind of reputation they´ve got with the Witcher 3 and it shows now.

Last edited:

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I understand that people use the Star Wars meme for transphobic purposes. The members of that gang are thoroughly cis from what I've seen. It seems, at least to me, that the writing is meant to rail on criminal prostitutes from the perspective of a provocative and cynical guide for tourists.

But maybe I'm just not picking up the subtle clues here. The tweet might be absolutely right. I am trying to see it, and I apologize if I'm just not getting it.

Subtle clues?

How subtle is "Handsome girls, beautiful guys..."? There are cis men and women to which those descriptors would apply, but come on. This is CDPR/CP2077 here, just the perfect amount of plausible deniability along with "oh we just mean robbed.". If they all are thoroughly cis, that's a bit of a strange phrase.

May 26, 2018
Subtle clues?

How subtle is "Handsome girls, beautiful guys..."? There are cis men and women to which those descriptors would apply, but come on. This is CDPR/CP2077 here, just the perfect amount of plausible deniability along with "oh we just mean robbed.". If they all are thoroughly cis, that's a bit of a strange phrase.

Oh... that's what I missed. My brain saw nothing unusual about girls being handsome and guys being beautiful...

I've still got things to learn.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh... that's what I missed. My brain saw nothing unusual about girls being handsome and guys being beautiful...

I've still got things to learn.

I mean, they can be. But being handsome is highly correlated with men, and the same for beauty and women.

Though, I always told my friends before I was out that Jennifer Connelly was the hottest actress (to me, she has kind of a handsome beauty). Also, say, Katheryn Winnick in Vikings with certain hairstyles especially. Those aren't common descriptors though, at least not in America (I don't know about Poland obviously, but given the political climate there it would also be unusual).

It also just the way it's phrased that made me instantly suspicious. That ellipsis seems quite suspect.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like pretty clear transphobic rhetoric in the game, right?
Referring to trans bodies as "traps"

This just sounds like whatever operation it is literally being a trap - to rob you...

their wiki page says: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Moxes

"The Moxes are relatively small, non-territorial, and consist of of mostly sex workers, anarchists, punks, and sexual minorities"

sounds to me more like sex-workers that also rob you. But wholly depends on how they're in-game -if they're referring to the derogatory "trap" then yes that's DEFINITELY awful.

Last edited:

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
This just sounds like whatever operation it is literally being a trap - to rob you...

their wiki page says: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Moxes

"The Moxes are relatively small, non-territorial, and consist of of mostly sex workers, anarchists, punks, and sexual minorities"

sounds to me more like sex-workers that also rob you. But wholly depends on how they're in-game -if they're referring to the derogatory "trap" then yes that's DEFINITELY awful.

I wonder if there's a reason that the sex workers gang is also so ethnically diverse compared to what I've seen of the main cast. Also this is another example of male gaze-y objectification *IF* there's no substance behind this gang's motivations other than to "fight back".

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Considering the usage of "handsome" and "beautiful", it definitely does create a double entendre for "trap". Considering the company's history, I'd lean on that being on purpose.

C45513

Aug 18, 2019
From the thread title:
"CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them."

I don't think they deserve the benefit of the doubt here. I'm fairly sure they mean "trap" as a slur here.

Oct 27, 2017
It may be for the wrong reasons but the backlash is real. MS and Sony are offering digital refunds and the CP77 subreddit is something to behold.

EDIT: I jumped the gun on the returns those reports were anecdotal and not official; people reporting a high success of return applications.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that flavour text mentions men at all because the vast majority of stuff I've seen with the Moxes so far has been women. To the point where I had assumed the gang was specifically for female sex workers.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
It's interesting that flavour text mentions men at all because the vast majority of stuff I've seen with the Moxes so far has been women. To the point where I had assumed the gang was specifically for female sex workers.

I feel like male sex workers as a concept barely exist for CDPR. Probably too icky

Cue Detriot Become Human dancing gif, etc

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like male sex workers as a concept barely exist for CDPR. Probably too icky

So, for science, I employed the services of a male and female "joy-toy" as they're called in-world.

It plays a cutscene edited up like a montage, which was almost (I don't think exactly) identical just the model was swapped out and the sex noise was different. Was even the exact same apartment I think.

So... it's there at least but in terms of narrative (so far) the vast majority of sex workers in bars/windows/on stage have been women.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

even if they raked in the money, their reputation will definitely take a huge hit...which is good. i´ve played this game for 5 hrs on the PS5 and i don´t see anything extraordinary about it at all. this is a yesteryear game, i can understand when people like it but all around it does not do anything fresh or new. it is dated in its systems and all around a huge bummer.

this game definitely deserves to get heavy criticism from the players, not only because of the stance regarding trans people but because it is just not an awesome game at all.

i know reviews are subjective but i do not get rating this higher than 7/10, considering the bugs i would have given this is 6/10. it is just not special.

i also respect that people loved Witcher 3 but this game was just ass to me. Gwent was great, the rest was laughable. standard quests elevated by some elaborated blah, alpha male protagonist having two chicks around him for the "woo, what a guy" factor, silly "sex scenes", standard open world tropes for what people consider an "rpg". it was a mainstream game through and through with shitty combat.

they never deserved to get the kind of reputation they´ve got with the Witcher 3 and it shows now.

Let's be honest if this game had any other developer not named CDPR it would have been panned in the reviews for the bugs alone. I mean look how bad Unity was made fun of (deservedly) because of the bugs which was an otherwise good game. Andromeda too was just demolished because of the memes.

saint

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns of transphobia
From the thread title:
"CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them."

I don't think they deserve the benefit of the doubt here. I'm fairly sure they mean "trap" as a slur here.
?

it's literally saying don't fall for their traps/trickery which is the charm they posses to lure you in; it's clearly a star wars reference with the !

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Totally, gamers are so quick to get excited by WRPGs when a lot of them are trash honestly. Everything I see from this game looks bad. UI, combat, etc.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Well, considering V asks the bartender at the Mox bar something along the lines of "wait, I thought only women were allowed in Moxes", I'd say there's a lot that goes over CDPR's collective head.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
This is just.......an unbelievably evil system

So they could earn the tokens by crunching, but then would only get the bonuses with s high metascore or by hitting insane manager-implemented deadlines???

Fuck

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is there any other thread talking about Cyberpunk specifically? Search brought up nothing particularly relevant. I'm not really enjoying this game. You won't have to worry about the "WOW! COOL FUTURE" thing from happening. The portrayal of the future in 2077 is so ugly and dirty that there will be little to be in awe of as you traverse a pretty lifeless city. And now, I'm waiting for a 17.689GB patch to download.

I think I'll just jump over into Yakuza 7 if the story doesn't open up. What an ignominious end to a complete disaster of a year.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Is there any other thread talking about Cyberpunk specifically? Search brought up nothing particularly relevant. I'm not really enjoying this game. You won't have to worry about the "WOW! COOL FUTURE" thing from happening. The portrayal of the future in 2077 is so ugly and dirty that there will be little to be in awe of as you traverse a pretty lifeless city. And now, I'm waiting for a 17.689GB patch to download.

I think I'll just jump over into Yakuza 7 if the story doesn't open up. What an ignominious end to a complete disaster of a year.

The OT is locked for today, should be open tomorrow

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'd say play at least until the title card. It you think it's bad past that point I would drop it.

Oct 27, 2017
We're still doing this metacritic score as bonus parameters thing? A "metric" that has zero to do with company performance or operations?

And now with tokens right out of Bob Cratchit begging for a haypenny raise?

This should have its own thread so it doesn't take over this one, this is recent gaming history repeating itself. Being hijacked to provide key performance indicators for a company in favor of product access, praise, and values affirmation - is something no game reviewer should want.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The OT will be open again tomorrow I believe. Or midnight I guess.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
The game itself not even that good beyond the other issue at this point.

Feels like worse Ubisoft game

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Console versions are being review bombed on Metacritic. Sad for two reasons. Sad that it took their toy not working for gamers to get losses at CDPR and sad because user reviews are all that someone can go by in terms of console reviews on Metacritic because they purposely kept console review copies away from media.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: off-topic posting. This thread is not for general game discussion.
I am just... bewildered at how underwhelming this game is.

Night City looks incredible... the skyline and buildings at least, from a distance, it's a visual feast.

But the entire world feels lifeless, it feels like an old amusement park that's run down and been closed for years.

I always knew something was off in all the trailers but god damn I didn't expect it to be this bad.

And the Role Playing so far is a joke. I really don't care for Jackie, the guy that buddies up with you, but the game forces you to be friends with him and it's so baffling, it's like Fallout 4 level's of roleplaying.

I've never once thought a game had suspiciously high scores but this is really making me wonder how reviewers could overlook so much.

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, the Cyberpunk reddit is on the verge of a civil war.

I know that these people aren`t mad at CDPR because of transphobia, but still, life comes at you fast, CDPR (their stocks have dropped 29%)...

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Also, just so you guys know...the HDR implemenatation is fake. Like how it was with RDR2 at launch.

People are fucking with their TV settings. Stop. Turn HDR off until they patch in real HDR implementation.

This game man. SMH

Source:
youtu.be

Cyberpunk 2077 HDR is Broken on PS5 & Xbox Series X Regardless of HDR Settings

We analysed the HDR presentation of Cyberpunk 2077 on both the Sony PS5 and the Xbox Series X using the HDR analysis toolkit on a Canon DP-V2411 4K reference...