• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Because reasons, the Trans community are a tricky lot, show them even a moments regard for their feelings or empathise with them and they will turn on you and attack! EVERYTHING YOU LOVE WILL BE TAKEN AWAY! Nononono, far better to treat them mean and keep them underfoot with evasiveness and empty words.
Pssst secret trans meeting behind the Pizza Hut in ten minutes so we can plot our evil conspiracy and not just try to be treated like decent human beings, pass it on.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Clown shoes
A slap on the wrist for someone who would rather look "neutral" than back up basic human rights? And two weeks for the person calling them out on their bullshit behavior? Staff definitely have their priorities straight.

Fuck Vestan and fuck Black Chamber
Well then

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And now the other thread is a bunch of people thanking Black Chamber for doing the bare minimum after antagonizing the trans community.

This site is a fucking joke.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pssst secret trans meeting behind the Pizza Hut in ten minutes so we can plot our evil conspiracy and not just try to be treated like decent human beings, pass it on.

Imagine how many cis people will be annoyed when phase 2 starts and we make sure only the trans community gets full fat mozarella on Pizza.
Remember the sign to start that phase will be when we get someone to write in their overblown marketing puff piece thread "Of course, we know the trans community has distinct issues, and will make sure to address them in the OP".

Mooooohooooohahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!

*the trans community, deep in the pocket of "Big Mozarella"*

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I want to be absolutely clear here - I have not played all there is to play.

I have no idea if side missions are more positive in their representations of trans people.

Based on my experiences with their previous games, I would say that if it's not represented positively in the main storyline to any major degree, hoping for some elusive example in the side content probably won't lead to satisfaction, either.

CDPR's sidequests sometimes have decent writing, but it's clear that the majority of their time, effort and energy are always focused on the core content, not the fluff. And if CDPR cared about the trans community even a little bit, they would've made that clear in content everyone can see instead of hiding it off in a corner where it can be ignored.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well clearly not important enough to put in the content everyone will play
Based on my experiences with their previous games, I would say that if it's not represented positively in the main storyline to any major degree, hoping for some elusive example in the side content probably won't lead to satisfaction, either.

CDPR's sidequests sometimes have decent writing, but it's clear that the majority of their time, effort and energy are always focused on the core content, not the fluff. And if CDPR cared about the trans community even a little bit, they would've made that clear in content everyone can see instead of hiding it off in a corner where it can be ignored.

Hey so I didn't mean my clarification by like "they might redeem themselves!!" just that I wasn't sure if positive representation existed at all.

It is absolutely 100% correct to call out the fact that if its not in the main story, it was important enough for them. That's is totally valid, and I agree with that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I didn't mean my clarification by like "they might redeem themselves!!" just that I wasn't sure if positive representation existed at all.

It is absolutely 100% correct to call out the fact that if its not in the main story, it was important enough for them. That's is totally valid, and I agree with that.

No worries! I'm not calling you out at all. Just voicing my frustration with CDPR. :)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, even before a review thread, that thread has already devolved into Metacritic speculation.

I've said this before, but regardless of the justification given for any other thread being allowed: I would certainly hope that that the review thread, a thread where people obsess over how uncritical reviewers are, would be banned. Because if you aren't, you're going to need to as soon as a review brings up their transphobia and/or racism anyway, given how people will react. Particularly if it has a score.

Review threads already invite gross behavior on a regular basis, but this one particularly so.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I 100% knew what you meant Hobbes, don't worry, was just taking your post as a jumping off point to add some sarcasm....

If I didn't have sarcasm, I feel I'd be coming across as much angrier to the sites staff than I am. :)

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I just had this shower thought:

I haven't seen any advertisement in the game that is objectifying male or female appearing characters.

I am gonna confirm this, but it seems REALLY odd that I can't remember seeing those, and I would expect that if they are going to do the manticore posters, they are going to do the same thing with others, right? Time to look into this.

Disregard me. Literally the first thing I did getting back into the game was look and its pretty apparent it covers a lot. Seems more female sided though.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

I haven't seen any advertisement in the game that is objectifying male or female appearing characters.

I am gonna confirm this, but it seems REALLY odd that I can't remember seeing those, and I would expect that if they are going to do the manticore posters, they are going to do the same thing with others, right? Time to look into this.

Look for Milfguard ads. At least one of them is pretty... yikes

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Look for Milfguard ads. At least one of them is pretty... yikes
Just going by what's been posted prior but was it this one you had in mind?

EnM7E-YVoAAFSml.jpg

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There was a comment someone made at how they where disgusted at the frequency of the add, but I'd be interested in how it compares to other Ads featuring exploitation or sexualization.

Honestly I don't know which would be the worse out come in my mind.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I usually only lurk here since I know I don't have enough knowledge to improve and help the conversation.
But I need to say how laughable is to the Night City OT to be reopened and have a '''Thank You'' post after what happened, like, why.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
This entire day has been disappointing and I really don't have faith that this is going to improve with how often we're phrased as the ones being problematic.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeeep, that is something else for sure
So much of the shallow text and imagery in this game/environment reads like some teen YA novel designed to appease edgelord boys. Obviously the writing of the story itself is looking to be better by most accounts, but it's distracting when it's given this veneer that could just as easily be done without leaning on the most surface level read of "city bad" you know.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I usually only lurk here since I know I don't have enough knowledge to improve and help the conversation.
But I need to say how laughable is to the Night City OT to be reopened and have a '''Thank You'' post after what happened, like, why.

And now everyone's just replying in there as if nothing happened. They're just speculating about the Metacritic score now...

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Seeing the main thread is already back to just willfully and obviously ignoring everything remotely negative and just pretending the posts, and trans Era members, don't exist or aren't noteworthy in any way, shape or form:

How on Earth do you, mods and admins, STILL think your plan of closing the OT for one whole day and then continueing this giant mess as per usual will do ANYTHING but drive away trans members and allies? Can you actually tell me to my face that you think this is a good idea? Are you really saying "yes game bad, but it's more important than the tiny trans community that's being completely ridiculed and ignored by handling this game this way? I just don't get it. Wasn't Era built on inclusivity and support of minority groups? Is there, like, a size requirement of these groups that has to be weighted against the size of a particular offensive game's audience? Do you not see what's going on right now?

Or, tl;dr, how do you actually, in clear words, justify putting advertisement for this game, that is very clearly attacking trans people and other minorities over the happiness of said minorities, in particular obviously the trans community, while still insisting to frame Era as being honestly inclusive and welcoming?

I don't even want to start an argument, I honestly do not get it. You MUST see how bad all of this is. I don't expect a real answer to this, but I still have some hope.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I don't know if this belongs here but as an asexual, I'm not too excited about the fact that there is a sex scene that's apparently required in the main story. It's rather...minor compared to the transphobia but also...yick.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I don't know if this belongs here but as an asexual, I'm not too excited about the fact that there is a sex scene that's apparently required in the main story. It's rather...minor compared to the transphobia but also...yick.
Nothing wrong with that at all, and Asexuals and Transgender people often Aline so even if not, I think your more welcome to share it here.

I am Trans Ace-Lesbian and while I like romance, that means hand holding and talking lol. Full on sex scenes make me feel uncomfortable so I pray they at least allow you to opt out of it if you don't want to engage in it.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All those worthless platitude and thank you posts you'd think chamber came back from an unjust ban.

So ridiculous

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It belongs. Or, at least, no one in here will be against you for bringing this up, I'm sure. I wouldn't even have thought about that, so whatever others might say, thank you for bringing this up :)

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
yeah I also saw that in the spoiler thread. Made me feel real uneasy, that stuff should 100% not be part of a required step in any main story

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
All those worthless platitude and thank you posts you'd think chamber came back from an unjust ban.

So ridiculous

All that back slapping camaraderie, makes me physically ill.

are you fucking kidding me

yes THANK you for the support

i can't lol

edit okay i will go to bed or something before i also unintentionally bait a ban. like. wow.

And that is the worst of it, tone-deaf ajhasjdfalskdjhf auhw eufhlaöwuebfölauwbneögfawijbwaf!

edit..

Obviously I will eat a ban of 6 months for typing which words I would want to type there, as big mature words aren't allowed here, games filled with tits and hatred are perfectly fine, as is people pissing on the marginalised.

I know what words I typed there, for that poster, describing them, you know the words I wrote, as will any cowardly impotent mod who would ever be arsed to come in here for any reason. For this site that will allow that tone deaf, insulting bullshit to happen after what happened this evening that it was allowed to come back like that, is fucking disgusting. Shame ERA, Shame!

Oh yeah you know exactly which words I used there, all of them. That one too. I used it.

****s

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
Please everyone charge the spiritbomb for our cyberpunk posters to make sure they can defeat the evil and [undefined] 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ace too and this is just another disappointment on the list of this game. :/

Oct 27, 2017
In retrospect, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the very first bullet point in this thread's pinned staff post is violated by the administration and users constantly. After a while, when you can't seem to have the back of any marginalized community here it may come time to drop the progressive branding and just admit you want to be an old-school video game message board version of Reddit.

Really sad to see the ResetEra experiment continually fail, and I'm sorry the trans community here has to be the latest victims of this cowardice and embarrassing need to consume at all cost. Watching people immediately go back to hype posts and fawning over the OP like a rockstar in that thread is a new low.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The replies in the Night City thread are incredibly fucked up. I am honestly in shock at how tone deaf it is.

I used to be fine with at least having all the evidence and concerns of this thread plastered all over the OT but now I absolutely do not want an OT of this game at all. Any gesture they try to do in the OT will be meaningless to me and will only exist to make everyone playing the game just feel better about themselves for doing the bare minimum.