• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Indeed. Like, I'll be honest. I don't want to be banned. Of course that's not what I actually want.
You absolutely don't need to apologize to anyone, all you wrote is, while a bit harsh, perfectly understandable and I agree with you, as do others here. It's also very clear why a lot of people are a lot of upset, so, yeah..
I just don't want anyone to get banned ;_;

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to buy "we are just making these threads in our spare time" when there have been about 100 Cyberpunk threads, with detailed OP's and constant updates.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
An individual just posted they completed the game in the Spoilers thread.

If there is a person who can ask them (I offered to not post when accused of Antagnozing was brought forward and though I was being over bearing) that is OKAY with Spoilers if the game actually goes out it's way to condemn the Manticore imagery what do ever?

I'll check and read it myself so no spoilers are brought here to ensure people can enjoy the experience with out spoilers.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Tone policing, backseat moderation and concern trolling over multiple posts. Long history and numerous prior bans for trolling.
Go to fucking hell. You fucking coward.

FUCK YOU

Fuck him and his nonsense.

He can get fucked.

It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person? Posts from Black Chamber are always full of happiness, good intentions and good vibes. If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in an other. You're not the only one making these mistakes, so I am not speaking exclusively to you.

It always saddens me to see people fighting for a good cause here, in this case trans-rights, but fail to realize hatred should not be fought with hatred, but with love instead. Hatred just makes everything worse, it has always been that way in human history and the angry reactions on Era prove it every time. It will lead to absolutely nothing and you know this, which in turn gets you even more angry which resulted into that post of yours.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
An individual just posted they completed the game in the Spoilers thread.

If there is a person who can ask them (I offered to not post when accused of Antagnozing was brought forward and though I was being over bearing) that is OKAY with Spoilers if the game actually goes out it's way to condemn the Manticore imagery what do ever?

I'll check and read it myself so no spoilers are brought here to ensure people can enjoy the experience with out spoilers.
I just asked them so hopefully they can answer.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for asking y'all! I would have if I could as I trust Hobbes answer, and as hard as it maybe to believe I hope the game forces the player to handle it and there is something positive to come out of it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person? Posts from Black Chamber are always full of happiness, good intentions and good vibes. If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in another. You're not the only one making these mistakes, so I am not speaking exclusively to you.

It always saddens me to see people fighting for a good cause here, in this case trans-rights, but fail to realize hatred should not be fought with hatred, but with love instead. Hatred just makes everything worse, it has always been that way in human history and the angry reactions on Era prove it every time. It will lead to absolutely nothing and you know this, which in turn gets you even more angry which resulted into that post of yours.
...really? A "we can't fight hatred with hatred" thing?

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person? Posts from Black Chamber are always full of happiness, good intentions and good vibes. If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in an other. You're not the only one making these mistakes, so I am not speaking exclusively to you.

Nah fam, don't tone police. If people are angry, others need to learn to look past the anger. I can't blame people for getting angry when I see what they see every day.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wonder how thats worked for people in the past lol... oh right using black rights as an example we had men killed/assassinated whom only showed love and by this logic... nah gotta use love, cant be upset or use hatred -.-"
This site needs a bad wake up

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation on other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions/concerns of Era would be more heard among the gaming industry and reach a wider audience. It's pretty logical.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It is great you show respect to people by using their correct pronouns. But at the same time, why are you insulting Black Chamber so much, who is a super nice, dedicated person?
The insulting parts of the post you quoted were aimed at Vestan, I think, not at Chamber, which should be quite clear given it's a direct reply to his earlier post in this thread.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation in other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions of Era would be more heard and reach a wider audience for valid concerns. It's pretty logical.
Maybe if black chamber answered a question we wouldn't be here and not the other way around?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation in other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions of Era would be more heard and reach a wider audience for valid concerns. It's pretty logical.
Era was made on callout culture... you know this right? If you dont, read up what event led this site to being made.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation on other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions/concerns of Era would be more heard among the gaming industry and reach a wider audience. It's pretty logical.
I don't think you know social media as much as you should if you think that would happen either way.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
social media is an unfixable mess that is full of alt-right and far-right nutters who want to ruin as many lives as possible, so don't even try that shit

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Era was literally made because the owner of the old site was a piece of shit and people left.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. If ResetEra would not be so fast on calling people horrible stuff, it would enjoy a much higher reputation in other social networks like Twitter and thus, opinions of Era would be more heard. It's pretty logical.
When I can get out of my car with out a drunk man coming up to me and telling me they know what I am than maybe.

When I can go shopping with my SO and a male doesn't comes up to my face and ask if this is really my Halloween costume maybe.

When I can go outside with out fear of being attacked or the knoweldge that half my fellow Americans voted for a fucking Nazi maybe.

These examples are not from my life time, they are from the last 60 days. When we are met with dodging and nonsense when we ask if someone will show us support for we and our allies have right to be fucking angry.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020

sure talking before violence is a good way to live but you gotta understand. When you handwave our concerns you are invalidating our identities. Even if the guy was a nice person he still failed as an ally to the trans community with that series of posts he made. And this is the part I want to highlight that is not ok. Yeah, I'm angry at him I'm angry at the other guy coming in here parroting the dude and talking down to us. Is that fair to us? Why do you think we are so angry this is an actual disservice to the transgender community and most importantly if they don't actually admit they fucked up their just as culpable as the evils we are fighting every day. You don't get to stay an ally you need to earn it by proving it.

BKNY84

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
User banned (permanent): troll account
The fact that it's been months of collective shrugs of indifference and ignoring the problem while simultaneously hyping the product to hell, followed by this half-hearted mea culpa while also playing the victim card is just too much for me.

Ugh. I really need to stay off era for a while. I thought this was the one place that would be welcoming and accepting, but it really just feels like bullshit.

Yes welcoming and accepting. Unless you're a white male, republican, conservative, libertarian ETC. Disagree with anyone that is part of the circle jerk on here. You will get banned and attacked. China is more welcoming to minorities than this place is. What a welcoming place this is. Derailing threads that people are trying to discuss a game. A GAME on a gaming website. What a CRAZY concept that is. You people who derailed that thread have destroyed the hype for some people who just wanted to talk about a fucking game. Attacked people who had a different opinion than you respectively. You also attacked content creators who don't get paid shit for creating an OT. This isn't communist China, where you can force shit down peoples throat and expect a response that you like. Never will you win by forcing shit down peoples throats. You liberal elitist losers will never learn that. I'm ALL for trans rights and the rights of EVERYONE. I know people from all walks of life living in NYC. But those people don't force shit down my throat like you guys do here all day. They also don't give one fuck about bullshit in a video game.

If any of you are actually adults. Get a fucking life holy shit. I came to this site to read about games and post about games. All fucking day long all I see is how this is racist and this is racist etc. You guys even made the KATANA racist, are you fucking kidding me?? No one cares about this crap but you. You live in a bubble and a cesspool of a hivemind. You're a joke and everyone knows it but you guys. I don't give one fuck about getting banned, I don't want to post on this site ever again or visit ever again. You have ruined the experience for those who just wanted to relax and talk about the game. Congrats on making a cause that is needed to be known about not the issue and instead being pure assholes who attack people. Making it ALL about you, the whole LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME BS. That's how a cause disappears and turns you into the enemy. This post isn't about trans people, this post is about the assholes who made your cause into a joke on this site. You people should be angry at them and not people like Black Chamber. Because they alienated a whole group of people who were in support of you and will always be in support of you, but not on this retarded site for scumbags. I'm tired of walking on egg shells here and not being able to have an opinion of my own. This place isn't welcoming or accepting. This place is a fucking circus.

PS. F YOU to the commie libtards here who get people banned for voicing their opinion. Who run to the mods like 5 year old kids running to their parents and teachers. You guys need to get a life and fuck off.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Yes welcoming and accepting. Unless you're a white male, republican, conservative, libertarian ETC. Disagree with anyone that is part of the circle jerk on here. You will get banned and attacked. China is more welcoming to minorities than this place is. What a welcoming place this is. Derailing threads that people are trying to discuss a game. A GAME on a gaming website. What a CRAZY concept that is. You people who derailed that thread have destroyed the hype for some people who just wanted to talk about a fucking game. Attacked people who had a different opinion than you respectively. You also attacked content creators who don't get paid shit for creating an OT. This isn't communist China, where you can force shit down peoples throat and expect a response that you like. Never will you win by forcing shit down peoples throats. You liberal elitist losers will never learn that. I'm ALL for trans rights and the rights of EVERYONE. I know people from all walks of life living in NYC. But those people don't force shit down my throat like you guys do here all day. They also don't give one fuck about bullshit in a video game.

If any of you are actually adults. Get a fucking life holy shit. I came to this site to read about games and post about games. All fucking day long all I see is how this is racist and this is racist etc. You guys even made the KATANA racist, are you fucking kidding me?? No one cares about this crap but you. You live in a bubble and a cesspool of a hivemind. You're a joke and everyone knows it but you guys. I don't give one fuck about getting banned, I don't want to post on this site ever again or visit ever again. You have ruined the experience for those who just wanted to relax and talk about the game. Congrats on making a cause that is needed to be known about not the issue and instead being pure assholes who attack people. Making it ALL about you, the whole LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME BS. That's how a cause disappears and turns you into the enemy. This post isn't about trans people, this post is about the assholes who made your cause into a joke on this site. You people should be angry at them and not people like Black Chamber. Because they alienated a whole group of people who were in support of you and will always be in support of you, but not on this retarded site for scumbags. I'm tired of walking on egg shells here and not being able to have an opinion of my own. This place isn't welcoming or accepting. This place is a fucking circus.

PS. F YOU to the commie libtards here who get people banned for voicing their opinion. Who run to the mods like 5 year old kids running to their parents and teachers. You guys need to get a life and fuck off.
OK, you low-posting troll account

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bye bye.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you can't treat people with respect in one way, don't expect to receive respect in an other.

I know your notifs are probably blowing up rn but this particular line is a bit off

Being disrespectful to someone who is putting the ability to talk about video games above the concerns of trans folks doesn't make it understandable or acceptable for them to be disrespectful in return. That sort of thinking would enable a lot of bigotry to go unchecked, because one side is way more justified in being angry than the other.

A lot of people can get away with a lot of shady stuff by having the veneer of being the "rational" party. Not saying that's what's happening with users on this site, necessarily, but being polite =/= being right.

Last edited:

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Our lives and being free to live them are not an opinion, and if a single person we lost felt that way then much like you they are worthless.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Sir, this is ResetEra.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

You forgot to log into gaf instead of era.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, cool that you decided to throw away your account for a pointless drive-by on my relatively unimportant post and all. You do you, I guess.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell,

Post on your real account, coward

Sep 12, 2018

GIGCX7C.gif

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Reading this post is like witnessing a mental breakdown happening in real time. It's almost hilarious.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Bye bye hope that was worth it to you. TLM.

You should post on your real account if you weren't such a coward.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I always enjoy the irony of a meltdown post that's written on a video game forum by somebody foaming at the mouth about how "it's just a video game why do you care".

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
At this point is the best decision for the trans community on Era to just scrap the OT and ban threads about the game? The people in charge of making it have clearly failed the community, and I would rather lose any discussion about this game then see the trans members here leave out of frustration with how this whole situation has been handled.

CDPR has shown time and time again that they do not value trans voices. I had hope years ago when they said they were going to add trans options for character creation, but they managed to completely botch that and double down on all their worst behavior. Maybe the game will be better then the advertising, but I don't have any reason to be optimistic, and would rather see the trans community here have the final say at this point.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
I have nothing but admiration for the strength of this site's trans members and their ability to keep going in the face of the hostility they face here. What a shameful day for ResetEra.
I can do nothing but echo this. You all are heroes, fuck anyone who attempts to bully, belittle or gaslight you. You deserve so much better.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point is the best decision for the trans community on Era to just scrap the OT and ban threads about the game? The people in charge of making it have clearly failed the community, and I would rather lose any discussion about this game then see the trans members here leave out of frustration with how this whole situation has been handled.

This company has shown time and time again that they do not value trans voices. I had hope years ago when they said they were going to add trans options for character creation, but they managed to completely botch that and double down on all their worst behavior. Maybe the game will be better then the advertising, but I don't have any reason to be optimistic, and would rather see the trans community here have the final say at this point.
I said weeks ago before all this happened and I stand by it.

locking the thread is indeed pointless. People can wait, and the fact is they will be playing it most of that first day. This thread and that one actively proves that people don't care or read Mod tags (do you blame them? Hell the next page button is above the Measage, they don't even have to scroll by it) and it isn't helping.

It's why having a message in the OT was sought out, because it won't be a temp thing, people can't say great OT and all that stuff and pretend they didn't see the call or need to stand with us.

Remove a block, CisAllies show solidarity as we all condemn the Manticore shit and enjoy the positive aspects of the game.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

CDPR has shown time and time again that they do not value trans voices. I had hope years ago when they said they were going to add trans options for character creation, but they managed to completely botch that and double down on all their worst behavior. Maybe the game will be better then the advertising, but I don't have any reason to be optimistic, and would rather see the trans community here have the final say at this point.
The trans community don't have the final say, and it certainly won't be given to any of us. The suggestion to ban discussion of the game entirely has been made before, and it isn't happening; the mods have made that clear.

Locking the thread on launch day will prove to be a worthless gesture, for sure. Having a message to trans users in the OT could be something worthwhile, but my hopes aren't high after watching the mess simply asking for that message to be included caused.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible how you can always except a post that has "I'm ALL for trans rights and the rights of EVERYONE," to also include a "but" soon after.

If that person is really leaving Era, they should request a self-ban for their primary account as well.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
It's why having a message in the OT was sought out, because it won't be a temp thing, people can't say great OT and all that stuff and pretend they didn't see the call or need to stand with us.
People can still say great OT without actually reading all parts of the OT. People constantly post reading no more than the thread title. Literally all you have to do is click >| and you will never even see the OT or any paragraphs, you'll be taken directly to the last post.

The paragraph thing seems so weak. Keep this thread open and stickied, and banning all other discussion would be an actual show of support, but that's just my opinion.

As it is, it appears-- at least to me-- to be, "Yay, we get to have our hundreds and hundreds of pages of hype and praise for the game in the OT... and y'all got your paragraph."

Something... more would have been nice.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
I said weeks ago before all this happened and I stand by it.

locking the thread is indeed pointless. People can wait, and the fact is they will be playing it most of that first day. This thread and that one actively proves that people don't care or read Mod tags (do you blame them? Hell the next page button is above the Measage, they don't even have to scroll by it) and it isn't helping.

Remove a block, CisAllies show solidarity as we all condemn the Manticore shit and enjoy the positive aspects of the game.
Yeah, having a post on the ot would be good. I still agree completely with you with regards to concerns of it being used to shown as an approval of the trans community if one of us were to write it. I feel it would be used the same way that people throw around Kyuuji's opening statement about being able to enjoy the game, and how we aren't trying to force them to feel bad about it. We show support for some aspects, and they end up being used against us. Most of the time against the original intent of the statement as well.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
Black chamber should have just answered the question that they would add something trans related to the ot that would raise awareness. That was a mistake on his part. Could have avoided all this shit if I'm keeping it 💯.

zelda29

Banned
Dec 5, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
So this isn't as much of me taking a side, it's more so that i'm getting information from all sides to make an informed opinion (I don't want to support a transphobic company seeing as I am trans myself). But my understanding is that people are saying it's transphobic because it sexualizes transgendered people, but to my understanding they sexualize a bunch of people. Is there something I'm missing?

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People can still say great OT without actually reading all parts of the OT. People constantly post reading no more than the thread title. Literally all you have to do is click >| and you will never even see the OT or any paragraphs, you'll be taken directly to the last post.

The paragraph thing seems so weak. Keep this thread open and stickied, and banning all other discussion would be an actual show of support, but that's just my opinion.

As it is, it appears to be, "Yay, we get to have our hundreds and hundreds of pages of hype and praise for the game in the OT... and y'all got your paragraph."

Something... more would have been nice.
Of course they can, you can always choose to ignore anything.

However if they do so then they are showing just as much disrespect to the OT as us.

Also let me take a second to say Black Chamber loves 2077, and many people love their work (as they should, they have worked hard) and having a direct message in said OT shows that the one person everyone turned to for hype is saying yeah be hype, but look our brothers and sisters need you to see them through the hype to.

There is never going to be a right answer, but the community choosing to support us will always be better then it being forced with Staff Communications or threads that can be fully ignored.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
So this isn't as much of me taking a side, it's more so that i'm getting information from all sides to make an informed opinion (I don't want to support a transphobic company seeing as I am trans myself). But my understanding is that people are saying it's transphobic because it sexualizes transgendered people, but to my understanding they sexualize a bunch of people. Is there something I'm missing?
Read the op, there's more than just the ad and it is explained pretty clearly.