• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jenkins

Dec 6, 2018
Oof. Made the mistake of joining the r/GamingLeaksandRumors discord and boy do I regret doing so.
There was an entire conversation going on for entirely too long talking about how incredibly "pro-trans" the game is just because it allows you to create a trans character.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I am.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Oof. Made the mistake of joining the r/GamingLeaksandRumors discord and boy do I regret doing so.
There was an entire conversation going on for entirely too long talking about how incredibly "pro-trans" the game is just because it allows you to create a trans character.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I am.
I haven't seen the discord, so I can't speak for how problematic their discussion gets, but part of me can't entirely fault people who see the game as a positive representation of trans people. Obviously it's a result of them never hearing about CDPR's transphobia and having little to no context from the viewpoints of any actual trans people, but those who praise the game for that appear to largely be coming from a good place.

Naturally, I hope they can someday understand why things like the "mix it up" cosplay and the voice tied to pronouns issue are harmful. Those who refuse to listen when these sorts of things are explained quickly show their asses on how their support for trans people is performative at best.

Nov 1, 2017
Reading through some of CDPR's tweets was a mistake. It's sad and frightening how much transphobia exists in the world. CDPR has/had the opportunity to improve how some of these people think about trans people by including positive trans representation in their game. It's pretty much inexcusable if they don't include content in the game that helps players empathize with people who they are unfamiliar with. It's my hope this does exist in the final game, despite so much problematic marketing... I will not hold my breath though.

CDPR needs to do so much better. The vocal fanbase they've cultivated does not inspire confidence, but I want to be hopeful that society can move forward and people can shed their prejudices.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Reading that Polygon article is fucking depressing. At this point it all feels like a loose-loose situation... So many people don't either understand or care about the trans situation through ignorance. The rest of GAMERZ run around screaming and shitpainting the walls in joy over how "non-political" the game is and tells off "the woke SJW beta soy cucks" and CDPR's marketing team have really dived headfirst into that. I feel like the gaming industry with this game has taken a massive step backwards culturally.

Like gaming culture isn't a race backwards constantly. Fucking gamers...

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
but it is also sad that bigger Cis Voices aren't speaking up and at least saying they see the same thing even if they won't have the courage to condemn it.
I've come to expect that to be honest. Shouldn't have to but it's the world and I am at the point I would just settle for not having to see this crap defended by so many. But with no skin in the game it's how it goes.

Like being an ally is so important to these people to be on the right side of history and "woke" so the Elliot Page thread has multiple pages of cis people patting themselves on the back for being so progressive (though there were still shitty things in that thread) and congratulating Elliot, while the major blow against rights in the U.K. with puberty blockers and informed consent didn't even get ten responses total. Nevermind HP game defenses, Cyberpunk defenses, getting ignored personally by a user who was tone policing and telling me and others we hurt ourselves by being angry and it's our job to educate (like what the fuck) so when I called them on it they ignored me (and others) and then in the same thread which is this one doubled down on it and bragged about blocking actual trans people that disagreed with them. And still finding ways to make excuses (loved the one who posited maybe chromanticore actually gives the person a penis, so the model was cis????? Seriously cannot make it up) so my faith in Era is shot.

I will keep posting since I am old and love forums and this is the forum for interests I have and community members I really like, especially in the trans community and comics community, but I have no faith in this site for serious issues (not just this it's just the closest to home, that and as a disabled person also there is a fuckton of ableism around here for a "progressive forum") and that extends to the enthusiast press. In fact the only mediatype people who's opinions I care about, would want to hear, and trust to know what the hell they are talking about are Sterling Laura K Dale but last I checked they both seem over even hearing about the game and are tired and wish it would just go away (sounds familiar right?).

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Cant read 50 pages

Has there been any reactions by the Polish lbgt community and were there any contacts with other communities abroad?

Though it is understandable that with the state things are in many EU countries regarding their treatment and represantation, video games would be the least of their concerns

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've come to expect that to be honest. Shouldn't have to but it's the world and I am at the point I would just settle for not having to see this crap defended by so many. But with no skin in the game it's how it goes.

Like being an ally is so important to these people to be on the right side of history and "woke" so the Elliot Page thread has multiple pages of cis people patting themselves on the back for being so progressive (though there were still shitty things in that thread) and congratulating Elliot, while the major blow against rights in the U.K. with puberty blockers and informed consent didn't even get ten responses total. Nevermind HP game defenses, Cyberpunk defenses, getting ignored personally by a user who was tone policing and telling me and others we hurt ourselves by being angry and it's our job to educate (like what the fuck) so when I called them on it they ignored me (and others) and then in the same thread which is this one doubled down on it and bragged about blocking actual trans people that disagreed with them. And still finding ways to make excuses (loved the one who posited maybe chromanticore actually gives the person a penis, so the model was cis????? Seriously cannot make it up) so my faith in Era is shot.

I will keep posting since I am old and love forums and this is the forum for interests I have and community members I really like, especially in the trans community and comics community, but I have no faith in this site for serious issues (not just this it's just the closest to home, that and as a disabled person also there is a fuckton of ableism around here for a "progressive forum") and that extends to the enthusiast press. In fact the only mediatype people who's opinions I care about, would want to hear, and trust to know what the hell they are talking about are Sterling Laura K Dale but last I checked they both seem over even hearing about the game and are tired and wish it would just go away (sounds familiar right?).
I'm with ya Matthew, truly I am.

Same on media personalities, though I haven't spent a ton of time with Laura's content (I really should give more of their stuff a shot) the only one I really partake in Jim Sterling.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To all Trans members who read this.

If you are approached to write a segment for the OT I strongly encourage you not to write it.

I asked for a statement of intent from this community, I asked them to show us support.

Of course we would support our cause, and if we do write it, it would indirectly offer our support with out actually being shown said support.

If these people are truly our allies 30-50 word paragraph in what is to be a gigantic OT is NOT a lot to ask.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

If you are approached to write a segment for the OT I strongly encourage you not to write it.

I asked for a statement of intent from this community, I asked them to show us support.

Of course we would support our cause, and if we do write it, it would indirectly offer our support with out actually being shown said support.

If these people are truly our allies 30-50 word paragraph in what is to be a gigantic OT is NOT a lot to ask.
Not to mention that it's going to be spinned as trans people endorsing the game.

The only reason anyone should ever write for or do an entire OT is to get paid because otherwise you'd be doing free marketing for the publishers and site engagement for resetera.com. I'm also convinced that the latter is the reason why so many threads for the game were allowed in the first place (only mentioning this because some people were wondering about it earlier in this thread).

Nov 4, 2017

I feel like being an ally is one of those things like being famous or being nice. If you have to tell people you are; you probably aren't.

I really hate this slacktivist, Fairweather, woke-for-show trend. I was there getting bullied and assaulted for having gay friends and standing up to homophobes in my teens and twenties. I spent time doing youth work, trying to help homeless and at risk indigenous kids. I don't even have any skin in the game, I just hate injustice and inequality. Really I'm doing these things for my own benefit to feel better about myself. Then when I see people bedazzle their online presence with every rainbow filter and badge on their profile to look woke, but turn their back when it actually matters, it makes my blood boil. It's straight up exploitation. I think for people in positions of privilege and power, being an ally is something that should be constantly aspired towards, rather than labelling oneself with.

On the topic of able-ism, it's something I've been working on in myself lately as I've recently learned that it's a space where I have a LOT of learning to do. Like, a lot. If you ever see me using ableist language, please call me out on it. It's the only way I'll learn and I promise not to ignore you :D

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So in response to the suggestion that there be a small part of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 OT that makes trans members feel welcome in joining the discussion and play we had:
  • Repeat avoiding of the question to focus on how "all members are welcome".
  • It said that for that to be agreed to would be bending the knee to the trans community.
  • That having to read posts about trans issues in threads is a punishment for CP77 fans.
  • Seeing the issues brought up repeatedly is tiring for cis users.
Honestly vile, and exemplifies all that Matthew77 said above. Also what the article spoke of when mentioning how CDPR have cultivated a fanbase that cares more about keeping hype and the reputation of a game/company intact than showing an ounce of empathy or understanding toward the people it slights.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Just found this due to YT's algorithm. Apparently Era's progressive leftist darling Hasan Piker also thinks CP is fiiine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_gl-YhIeHw&feature=emb_title

He immediately intended to defend the gender assume post seconds in the video before tracking back to "oh see he's fired it's fine whaddya want", then goes onto a 20 minutes tirade about how "mix it up" isn't "actually" transphobic because there's "trans people dying at the border", literally attacking people who say it is transphobic regardless, defending the poster instead with CDPR's vapid excuse and "overreaction".
More recently until now, he continues to ignore questions regarding this, instead promoting and hyping up all new Night City Wire videos live on his stream.

No idea how important or relevant all of this is, but it made me go on a rabbit hole and whoever cares is free to care.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
So in response to the suggestion that there be a small part of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 OT that makes trans members feel welcome in joining the discussion and play we had:
  • Repeat avoiding of the question to focus on how "all members are welcome".
  • It said that for that to be agreed to would be bending the knee to the trans community.
  • That having to read posts about trans issues in threads is a punishment for CP77 fans.
  • Seeing the issues brought up repeatedly is tiring for cis users.
Honestly vile, and exemplifies all that Matthew77 said above. Also what the article spoke of when mentioning how CDPR have cultivated a fanbase that cares more about keeping hype and the reputation of a game/company intact than showing an ounce of empathy or understanding toward the people it slights.

So close to understanding how tiring it is for us, but still burying their heads in the sand. You'd think it would be a reality check, "Is this how they feel, but on a constant basis and unable to detach from it because it's regarding their identities?"

Honestly, if they won't listen, then good that they feel it's tiring, feel a fraction of what we go through for a bit just for being ourselves and wanting to be represented properly. Hopefully it'll turn into a revelation on how it is for the rest of us.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Apologies, but wouldn't having the eventual paragraph written by one of you (i think Kiuujy would be the chosen one) be a pretty fireproof way to ensure everything is presented in the best and most comprehensive way?

I think the "show of support" is in the inclusion of the paragraph itself.
This is kinda confusing :s

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, can we get a threadmark on recommended organisations to donate to?

I don't see them in the op or previous threadmarks. Thanks.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, can we get a threadmark on recommended organisations to donate to?

I don't see them in the op or previous threadmarks. Thanks.

I can't speak for the US, but some people were recommending http://transfuzja.org/en/artykuly/donate.htm for Poland (where CDPR are based) a few posts ago.

In the UK, I can recommend Mermaids (https://mermaidsuk.org.uk), especially considering the recent ruling here about under 16s having access to blockers.

Sep 23, 2018
Backing the suggestion of Mermaids.

They were the ones that published a very well articulated open letter to Joanne Rowling earlier this year. Whoever you are in the world I think it is well worth reading :
mermaidsuk.org.uk

An open letter to J.K. Rowling - Mermaids

Dear J.K. Rowling, We would like to begin by offering our solidarity with you as a survivor of domestic and sexual abuse. Reading your moving and honest account, we felt a connection to your pain. That connection exists between us, regardless of any differences we may have around gender...

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just found this due to YT's algorithm. Apparently Era's progressive leftist darling Hasan Piker also thinks CP is fiiine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_gl-YhIeHw&feature=emb_title

He immediately intended to defend the gender assume post seconds in the video before tracking back to "oh see he's fired it's fine whaddya want", then goes onto a 20 minutes tirade about how "mix it up" isn't "actually" transphobic because there's "trans people dying at the border", literally attacking people who say it is transphobic regardless, defending the poster instead with CDPR's vapid excuse and "overreaction".
More recently until now, he continues to ignore questions regarding this, instead promoting and hyping up all new Night City Wire videos live on his stream.

No idea how important or relevant all of this is, but it made me go on a rabbit hole and whoever cares is free to care.
He likes CDPR a lot, so I'm not surprised.

Very disappointing anyway.

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
I'm getting deeply tired of this fake woke bullshit. Your either an ally and listen to the minorities or you ignore their plights and feign ignorance. There is no in between it's absurd that we even had to fight to get a simple response to put a paragraph about trans issues in the OT. I fully expect that dude to not do anything and we're gonna end up with staff having to do it themselves. I have less then zero faith to be honest.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I've sort of come to the sobering realization over the past little bit that "performatively woke" was probably the best description I've heard of era.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies, but wouldn't having the eventual paragraph written by one of you (i think Kiuujy would be the chosen one) be a pretty fireproof way to ensure everything is presented in the best and most comprehensive way?

I think the "show of support" is in the inclusion of the paragraph itself.
This is kinda confusing :s

I know I already said my thoughts to you in the other thread, and maybe this is me speaking further out of turn, but I would add that you should probably stop putting this stuff all on Kyuuji? She's put in a lot of effort and it's certainly greatly appreciated, but she is not the only trans person here who can write well on this topic. Obviously nothing against her doing something like that if she wants to, but I'd rather not volunteer her for more work or position her as the only one who is able to do this sort of thing, y'know.

(...and, like, this is less of an issue and understandable enough, but you should know that you totally keep writing her username wrong, lol.)

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I've sort of come to the sobering realization over the past little bit that "performatively woke" was probably the best description I've heard of era.
yeeeeeeep

people here will talk the talk but when it comes down to it, they don't actually care
and then you wonder why the site keeps bleeding members from minority groups

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
yeeeeeeep

people here will talk the talk but when it comes down to it, they don't actually care
I suspect some of these people put up fake ass pfps to skirt bans with the way some of these people act.

Edit: I am just really upset about everything and frustrated about how this is all going down.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
Today has been so fucking frustrating on here. I just can't with people putting effort into defending BlackChamber more than the actual fucking message and issues.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I know I already said my thoughts to you in the other thread, and maybe this is me speaking further out of turn, but I would add that you should probably stop putting this stuff all on Kyuuji? She's put in a lot of effort and it's certainly greatly appreciated, but she is not the only trans person here who can write well on this topic. Obviously nothing against her doing something like that if she wants to, but I'd rather not volunteer her for more work or position her as the only one who is able to do this sort of thing, y'know.

(...and, like, this is less of an issue and understandable enough, but you should know that you totally keep writing her username wrong, lol.)

I'll go against my better judgement after your previous post directed at me and answer anyway.
The only reason i think she'd be fitting is because she's the OP of a sticky with half a million views.
Like it or not she IS the megaphone in this instance and, maybe mistakenly, i simply "assumed" everyone would be ok with it.

P.S. Happens every time i type Saint Seyia instead of Seiya as well, must be a very specific brain bug.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if the intent to write something was always there, everything could've been avoided with a simple answer. You can't blame the trans community for not giving the benefit of the doubt. They've been hurt too much already.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll go against my better judgement after your previous post directed at me and answer anyway.
The only reason i think she'd be fitting is because she's the OP of a sticky with half a million views.
Like it or not she IS the megaphone in this instance and, maybe mistakenly, i simply "assumed" everyone would be ok with it.

P.S. Happens every time i type Saint Seyia instead of Seiya as well, must be a very specific brain bug.
That doesn't mean it's her job to educate everyone or that cis folks don't pull their weight in being allies. Also, for a game and company that has transphobia and you're the target of that bigotry, putting your name for a promotional bit of a game like an OT might not be what you want to do. Like in my instance if a game or company was islamophobic, and if I was a prominent Muslim raising awareness about the problems of that game, I don't think I would want my name to an OT to a game that doesn't take kindly to my kind.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
That doesn't mean it's her job to educate everyone or that cis folks don't pull their weight in being allies. Also, for a game and company that has transphobia and you're the target of that bigotry, putting your name for a promotional bit of a game like an OT might not be what you want to do. Like in my instance if a game or company was islamophobic, and if I was a prominent Muslim raising awareness about the problems of that game, I don't think I would want my name to an OT to a game that doesn't take kindly to my kind.

I can understand that, but i never talked about putting the name there, my question was intended in a differnt way, i guess i explained it wrong.
I was talking just about the blurb itself, wheter Kyuuji or the whole group wrote it collaboratively, i was merely thinking it would be a sure way to make it "perfect".
Hope it's clearer now.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just to nip it here - the suggestion was for there to be a message toward trans users of the forum, making sure they felt welcome in taking part in the discussions of the thread; both positive and negative. That was the ask.
Will there be a blurb in it welcoming the Trans community and while there maybe some questionable content regarding them, that they are wanted in the game and taking part in the Conversation for both the positive and negative?

After how things have gone, maybe a special blurb even if it's near the end and not at the start, it maybe more welcoming than just a staff post?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Today has been so fucking frustrating on here. I just can't with people putting effort into defending BlackChamber more than the actual fucking message and issues.
I feel like if the intent to write something was always there, everything could've been avoided with a simple answer. You can't blame the trans community for not giving the benefit of the doubt. They've been hurt too much already.
Yeah, this.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Been following this thread for some time but never really felt I've had anything to add, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially Kyuuji for breaking everything down, and I completely understand the grind and exasperation the trans community must be feeling with everything going on and how the issue seems to just be getting ignored.

That latest blow up in the other thread about the OP could have been easily avoiavoided like Khrn said if BlackChamber had simply said "yes, we've been fully intending to include a section on the transphobia issues for some time", rather than that bizarre "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" exchange that came across as others have said like some All Lives Matter cop out.

Not sure what I actually intended to get across with this post, just wanted to add another voice of support I guess and let you know this thread and your voices are having an impact.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
As someone following both threads, why was it so hard to just say "yes there will be something in the OT" instead of playing games and winding up the trans community? I can already tell some people are going to try and turn this on the trans community "harassing" the person and making "vile vile" posts (lol as if) when it could have all been avoided if the question was answered since it seems like it was already planned to be part of the OT.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Been following this thread for some time but never really felt I've had anything to add, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially Kyuuji for breaking everything down, and I completely understand the grind and exasperation the trans community must be feeling with everything going on and how the issue seems to just be getting ignored.

That latest blow up in the other thread about the OP could have been easily avoiavoided like Khrn said if BlackChamber had simply said "yes, we've been fully intending to include a section on the transphobia issues for some time", rather than that bizarre "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" exchange that came across as others have said like some All Lives Matter cop out.

Not sure what I actually intended to get across with this post, just wanted to add another voice of support I guess and let you know this thread and your voices are having an impact.
Exactly. If the intent was always to include something in the OT, why was it not stated? Instead, "everyone is welcome" was posted over and over. No shit, everyone is supposed to be welcome in general threads.

It's all a very bad look.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeeeeeeep

Soon enough this place is going to be the most "diverse", most "woke" white cis male forum in all of gaming.

There's a reason this place is considered a laughing stock by many outside of here.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone following both threads, why was it so hard to just say "yes there will be something in the OT" instead of playing games and winding up the trans community? I can already tell some people are going to try and turn this on the trans community "harassing" the person and making "vile vile" posts (lol as if) when it could have all been avoided if the question was answered since it seems like it was already planned to be part of the OT.
because everybody 💯 💯 🔥 is welc 💯 🔥 ome :)))

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): Too defensive for such a sensitive thread.
Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game.

Considering I haven't said anything on this particular topic until now, in my opinion it would have rung more genuine if you saw the OT and what we have been doing behind the scenes but it is what it is.

I've been lurking this thread ever since it went up, Android Sophia knows how I feel about all of this and Black Chamber has reiterated his support for this community over multiple posts. Sorry if this is a little bit blunt, but I can understand Black Chamber not wanting to engage both certain posts and certain posters after the way he's been treated. I don't log into Era every day to be interrogated about x, y, or z and I'm sure you don't either.

Black Chamber's comment of everyone being welcome makes perfect sense in the context of what we've been doing and that includes the Trans community. The fact that someone attempted to twist that into some All Lives Matter shite pissed me the fuck off, and I say that as someone who's Black.

It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead.

Peace ☮

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that it's been months of collective shrugs of indifference and ignoring the problem while simultaneously hyping the product to hell, followed by this half-hearted mea culpa while also playing the victim card is just too much for me.

Ugh. I really need to stay off era for a while. I thought this was the one place that would be welcoming and accepting, but it really just feels like bullshit.

Had we proudly announced that we would be acknowleding the transphobia in the OT of this game, we probably would have been accused of being performatively woke or something as at the end of the day, we're still working on the OT of this game.

Considering I haven't said anything on this particular topic until now, in my opinion it would have rung more genuine if you saw the OT and what we have been doing behind the scenes but it is what it is.

I've been lurking this thread ever since it went up, Android Sophia knows how I feel about all of this and Black Chamber has reiterated his support for this community over multiple posts. Sorry if this is a little bit blunt, but I can understand Black Chamber not wanting to engage both certain posts and certain posters after the way he's been treated. I don't log into Era every day to be interrogated about x, y, or z and I'm sure you don't either.

Black Chamber's comment of everyone being welcome makes perfect sense in the context of what we've been doing and that includes the Trans community. The fact that someone attempted to twist that into some All Lives Matter shite pissed me the fuck off, and I say that as someone who's Black.

It would do some of you wonders to assume we aren't coming into this with ill intentions. We've been caught between a rock and a hard place and dealing with it the best we can. This is our spare time after all, and people have lives to lead.

Peace ☮
You know, I get that you're excited about the game. I'm going to hazard a guess and say anybody that's on here likes games to some degree or another. But you've hitched your wagon to this thing. They're actively producing, perpetuating and promoting harmful and dangerous stereotypes to an already extremely marginalized group, which has largely been ignored because most people would rather their AAA game than stand up for someone. There was a point in time where steps could have been taken to curtail some of the issue with the way people on this forum handled the hype cycle for this game, but that time has long since passed and throwing a bone now is frankly insulting.

Also, the implication that people would be upset either way is absolutely not a valid defense for not doing anything.

Last edited:

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020

Peace ☮
You know why you would get accused because of that because every time we try to fight for trans rights on this forum we get talked down too. Why does every day on this forum have to be a fight for something. I'm really angry you used the performatively woke defence and honestly dissapointed. This just makes me more skeptical of things to come. That said if you want your best intentions heard at least awknowledge it. I just don't understand why it's so hard to awnser a simple question that the trans community needs. All this has done is make even more people dip out of a potential thread. I know I wasn't going to get the game but I know there are trans people who are still getting the game. You have a service to them and to the entire community as a whole to make that OT a safe space. Honestly I don't think you are after you come in here to casually slap us across the face for daring to ask a simple question.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Peace ☮
What a completely dismissive and disgusting post.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

Evergreen. And it sucks. And now we get to hear all about how hard OP writers have it while all they have to do, literally the only thing, is not to hit us with dismissive, backhanded responses.

Deleted member 17184

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Peace ☮
You know what doesn't make sense to me? The trans community was asking Black Chamber (and by extension, you too) if there was going to be an acknowledgement. They wanted it. How would that be "performatively woke"?

Did you honestly expect the exchange to go like this:

Trans Community: Hey, can you have this paragraph of acknowledgement for us?

You: Sure! We definitely have something planned.

Trans Community: Ugh. You're being performatively woke.

Instead of:

Trans Community: Hey, can you have this paragraph of acknowledgement for us?

You: Sure! We definitely have something planned.

Trans Community: That's good to hear. Thank you.

It's an honest question.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
The fact that it's been months of collective shrugs of indifference and ignoring the problem while simultaneously hyping the product to hell, followed by this half-hearted mea culpa while also playing the victim card is just too much for me.

Ugh. I really need to stay off era for a while. I thought this was the one place that would be welcoming and accepting, but it really just feels like bullshit.
Between this Cyberpunk mess, the JK Rowling shit and how Era glorifies Persona games it shows how "performative woke" people are on here.

They'll kick out the minorities while pretending to care about them.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Evergreen. And it sucks. And now we get to hear all about how hard OP writers have it while all they have to do, literally the only thing, is not to hit us with dismissive, backhanded responses.

Yep.

I'm always reminded of this speech by Obama when I think of the ethics of this place. It's not about making a difference with a lot of people on here, it's about them feeling better about themselves by doing the easy call outs. Never around when it matters though.

I also don't get the "between a rock and a hard place" thing, unless you're trying to balance having the trans community feel welcome alongside open bigots, in which case why bother?

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Imagine describing making an OT for a fucking videogame as being trapped between a rock and a hard place in a thread about raising awareness for combating transphobia/treating trans people as humans

Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing but admiration for the strength of this site's trans members and their ability to keep going in the face of the hostility they face here. What a shameful day for ResetEra.