• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

ETPj9btWsAE_iC1

Source: https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1239584977685274625

They are pretty big studio with a lot challenges from software accessibility to processing power to access to materials etc etc. so this transition is pretty impressive imo. Have we heard that any other studio has done such transition as measure for COVID-19 in order to keep studio fully operational? For some teams like Ubi teams this is possibly impossible because of size?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm jealous of competent companies with work from home strategies. My company doesn't give a fuck.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's great!

Probably means less crunch. Atleast I hope so.

We got the tech to work from home, time to use it finally.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Molly Carroll is a Valve employee and she's been working from home since the beginning of last week according to this tweet:

Not sure if it's all of Valve or just certain employees though.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
People need to prepare for a two month (at least) delay for Cyberpunk and deal with their feelings for that now, so that this place isn't absolutely embarrassing when they announce it in a few months

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Don't know about the other studios across the world, but Gameloft Montréal allow work from home starting today. Not mandatory, studio remain open, but at least they allow it.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
We moved about 10,000 people to work from home last week. Doable when you have an amazing IT team.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Meanwhile my ass has to come in while everyone with a management job or something gets to stay at home. Love America. It's great.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Molly Carroll is a Valve employee and she's been working from home since the beginning of last week according to this tweet:

Not sure if it's all of Valve or just certain employees though.

Molly is good people, she was the best thing about Chucklefish when she was there.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Hopefully this is something more devs do. It'd probably be much easier to work on games with less of a commute and being with one's family, it'd make crunch a bit more bearable and would probably eliminate it entirely.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I mean, CDPR reinforced the April release date at the Game Awards, weeks before the delay.

Further delays are coming.

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
All the game studios here in montreal that I've spoken to are allowing working from home, if not enforcing it.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I wish I could do emergency dispatch from home. Paging and ambulance in my boxers. Lul

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
People need to prepare for a two month (at least) delay for Cyberpunk and deal with their feelings for that now, so that this place isn't absolutely embarrassing when they announce it in a few months

This wouldn't just be the case with Cyberpunk. It'd be the case with any game currently in development. If people are more upset over a game being delayed than people potentially getting this virus and losing their life then they have a serious problem of their own.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Poland is still rather low with 150 cases but I guess that's exactly when you can still slow down the virus the most

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
jesus.

We are moving our entire studio of 70 to wfh tomorrow and needed the delay to upgrade some networking hardware. I cant imagine the scramble your IT team has had.

Yea it is quite the undertaking. They started working on this several weeks ago as a contingency plan in case things went south.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Digital Extremes are doing it too, well partially, they still have some people at the office the last time they did a live stream, but they aren't doing those anymore for the time being. Maybe they will go full home with community managers not having to be there, though some have to work on server stuff i guess.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could work from home but my work place probably couldn't do that.

That being said It's good seeing companies taking this serious

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I work in healthcare and man, I sure wish I was doing something else than being stuck in a Dr's office with possibly infected patients.
Yup. No confirmed or suspected cases at my hospital yet, but once they hit then I'm outta luck.

I live alone right now and no one is going to want to visit me as soon as we get coronavirus patients, even if I'm not sick. Might as well basically live at work I guess.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Most US studios are at this point. Especially the ones in LA and SF. It'd be more newsworthy to find a studio that isn't full remote.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well, at least they can crunch 16 hour days straight from the shitter

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
i'm honestly expecting another delay for cyberpunk 2077

I personally think that with the current situation happening, releasing such a high anticipated game could end up being incredibly beneficial for them, especially in digital profits.

You have millions of people at home playing games and willing to invest in media just for entertainment purpose in order to not get bored to death inside their homes.

Although, maybe the situation around September would be brighter than what currently is.