• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Excited about this, but it will be a tough job to make a protagonist as memorable as Geralt. While Ciri would be the obvious choice, it would be nice to see maybe a character who is not a witcher. We need more open world peasant simulators.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Ciri is more interesting than Geralt because she can teleport between worlds. And hopefully her game has unicorn wars.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I think this new witcher game may have nothing to do with any of the characters from the core story arc. May be a totally original story around a different witcher (or your created witcher character) and other characters never introduced before.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I really hope it is a Ciri game, i wouldnt mind another witchers tho, but damn, ciri is bae.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
twitter.com

Daniel Ahmad on Twitter

“- A third team will work on a new single player title in the Witcher universe. May take 4 years to complete, will be a high quality RPG. - Plan going forward is to focus on Witcher and Cyberpunk IP's. https://t.co/5AZfMgYgtD”

It might take 4 years.

The plan going foward is to focus on Cyberpunk and The Witcher.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
It's being made by their smallest team. Don't expect a game as large as W3 or 2077.

Guessing it's only going to be worked on by a small team until the bugs and any additional support to the main game (DLC) is complete. After that they'll do what they did for CP2077 and put that whole team on Witcher with the smaller team. All this while the larger team continues to support Cyberpunk Online.

(I'm a producer and this is what I would do)

Cyberpunk began development in 2012 by a small team. The W3 team joined them in 2015. We shouldn't expect this new Witcher any sooner than 2025.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 110% for Ciri Witcher, but I honestly don't know if they'll use her. Her story is pretty 'wrapped up' in terms of her cosmic importance, and while they could make a 'low-stakes' Witcher game, I'm not sure that's the kind of game she's suited for.

But then the question becomes....do they just launch off in an entirely new hero(ine) instead? Someone customizable a la Cyberpunk, but with a pick your own backstory-esque moments?

Not to mention, do they do a prequel timeline-wise, or try to use some of Sapkowski's earlier work? Far-flung sequel?

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Fucking finaly. Ciri game or The Witcher Schools please. Combat more heavy akin to soulslike its all that needs improv.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to a Young Vesemir game before Kaer Morhen was destroyed by a mob. Gives more possibilities with a totally new cast of characters and a different political landscape. With Ciri we already know what we're gonna get.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
Looking forward to a Young Vesemir game before Kaer Morhen was destroyed by a mob. Gives more possibilities with a totally new cast of characters and a different political landscape. With Ciri we already know what we're gonna get.

This.
Young Vesemir is the way.

Do it, CD Projekt!

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I love all 3 main Witcher games and Thronebreaker and I'm really looking forward to CP2077, but I would like to see some big game from the studio without any connection to an already existing IP, something truly new from CDPR

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I love all 3 main Witcher games and Thronebreaker and really looking forward to CP2077, but I would like to see some big game from the studio without any connection to an already existing IP, something truly new from CDPR

You're out of luck. They said they will be focusing on Cyberpunk and The Witcher in the future.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What, only after 2077 is completed? I thought they were big enough to be able to work on that while 2077 is nearing completion.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
So small team will be making it until the rest of cyberpunk devs will join em somewhen around 2022? I just hope that same people that made W3 are going to make this as well.i just hope that Cyberpunk multiplayer wont be the main focus onward... fuck :/

They should hire more people and have 3 years gaming cycles.. so we can get new witcher game every 6 years.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
What, only after 2077 is completed? I thought they were big enough to be able to work on that while 2077 is nearing completion.

I mean, different groups start working on things at different times. Concept artists can move on to the next thing faster than QA testers.

I would assume the game is already in the early stages of pre-production, and they're referring to it entering full production after Cyberpunk. The people whose work is done on Cyberpunk aren't just sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

It'll be interesting if we see a Witcher IV/Elder Scrolls VI showdown in 2024.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Witcher might be my favorite fantasy universe and I honestly am still good at the moment. TW3 was a perfect send off for me.

Granted, I might not feel that way in another five years, but we'll see.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good!
I'm personally not interested in Cyberpunk at all, but for the next Witcher game I'm up 120%.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
by immediately i really hope they mean after they give their employees at least 3-6 weeks off if the crunch was as bad as it seemed