• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 27, 2017
California
I really think they'll put out a "don't play on launch Xbox one or PS4" stickers or like a perfect dark N64 expansion pack comparison to non expansion pack on the box for playing on a one x/ pro to a regular Xbox one/PS4

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
Todd Howard once said that install base doesn't matter. If it did, Bethesda would make board games because everybody owns a table.

Just drop the current gen for fucks sake.

How funny. Are you talking about the same Todd Howard/Bethesda that released Skyrim on PS3 where the framerate was so terrible it actually reached 0 fps in certain spots of the game. Funny how install base seem to matter to him back then... it's so easy to speak when it's not you trying to launch a new game....

And I find it amusing people are actually asking/hoping that CDPR actually cancel PS4/XB1 versions 1 month before release. Please tell me more business advices, I have so much to learn.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
👆This👆

Release the PC, Xbox Series X, PS5, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Stadia versions on November 19th; then release the vanilla PS4, Xbox One/S patches on December 10th - or whenever they can be played without a hitch🤷‍♂️
I know you're not 100% serious but you do realize that releasing the game on PS4 Pro and X1X but not the base consoles is not possible, even if the wanted to.
What they could do would be PC and next gen consoles first and last gen including mid gen refreshes at a later date.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I know you're not 100% serious but you do realize that releasing the game on PS4 Pro and X1X but not the base consoles is not possible, even if the wanted to.
What they could do would be PC and next gen consoles first and last gen including mid gen refreshes at a later date.

Yeah I'm curious about that. The November launch was for PC and current gen (which you can play upscale on nextgen ?). The proper next generation version is out next year. They'd have to launch PC only if you want to exclude current gen versions for a November launch

Also, are the proper next gen versions ready yet .

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Game will probably run like ass on the OG models, but hey that install base is just too big to ignore.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
People with PC and next gen getting punished for ancient console technology :(

how about they just release the working versions at the previously announced time :3

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm curious about that. The November launch was for PC and current gen (which you can play upscale on nextgen ?). The proper next generation version is out next year. They'd have to launch PC only if you want to exclude current gen versions for a November launch

Also, are the proper next gen versions ready yet .
Yeah, that's what I'm actually curious about. I'm guessing the last gen versions run at stable framerates on next gen consoles but the game runs like crap on the actual base consoles.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm a little confused by this because it sounds like maybe PC and next gen console versions are ready to go while current gen needs a little more optimization work? But aren't they launching the next gen console versions sometime next year at a currently unknown date?

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine the SX could at least push the game to a locked 30 for those picking it up this year.

Not sure what the PS5 would be doing for the PS4 version in December.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I guess I'm a little confused by this because it sounds like maybe PC and next gen console versions are ready to go while current gen needs a little more optimization work? But aren't they launching the next gen console versions sometime next year at a currently unknown date?
Dunno how they know that next gen versions are running great when they don't even have a proper release date for them yet

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
CDPR opened up pre-orders for this game on current console gen a year and a half or so ago, right? There's probably no way of them getting out of this, even if they wanted to.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm holding off until I get my PS5. Especially after hearing about how awful Watch Dogs Legion is running on base PS4.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
just release it for the next gen at least before the end of the year and release the ps4 & xbone version when ready, I'm sick of delays and i was really looking forward for this game pretty close to next gen launch:(

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
they should have just delayed current gen versions. Would give incentive for people to upgrade to new consoles. win win for sony and Microsoft.