• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Simple shit like this should have been done a very long time ago but of course it wasn't.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director (CDC) head Rochelle Walensky will sign a separate order Monday requiring masks on all airplanes, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-share vehicles, officials said. The new requirements are set to take effect in the coming days, they said.

On Tuesday, new CDC rules take effect requiring all international air travelers 2 and older to present a negative coronavirus test taken within three calendar days of travel or proof of recovery from COVID-19 to enter the United States.

The CDC will not, as it said on Jan. 12, consider granting temporary waivers to airlines to exempt some travelers from countries with limited testing capacity. Numerous U.S. airlines last week had asked CDC for waivers, airline officials said.

But CDC officials said they would consider case-by-case humanitarian exemptions for some travelers if needed.
www.reuters.com

Exclusive: Biden to impose South Africa travel ban to combat new COVID-19 variant - CDC

President Joe Biden will impose a ban on most non-U.S. citizens entering the country who have recently been in South Africa starting Saturday in a bid to contain the spread of a new variant of COVID-19, a senior U.S. public health official told Reuters.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Another positive of Biden taking over is that the CDC isn't going to be hamstrung by a dogshit presidential administration anymore.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Guarantee we would have never seen this under a Trump admin, even though the CDC is supposed to be impartial. Still better late then never, but god damn the way things were handled by all aspects of government was awful.

Oct 30, 2017
It's never too late to try to save another 100,000 lives in the next 30 days at the rate the infection is spreading.

This is one of the things that seemed so obvious in hindsight but also showcases how malicious and incompetent the previous administration was at every level of this pandemic that the CDC's hands were tied.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
So many unnecessary deaths from measures like this having not already being taken an entire year ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the fucking "muh freedums" cattle to stir up shit over this. Put them on permanent no-fly lists if needed. Flying is a privilege, not a right.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Unless this is enforced and involves fines, this is gonna be taken as seriously as Biden's 100 day mask challenge.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
There will be push back, but hopefully it's enforced and some what followed.

Imagine if there had been some inspiring speech a year ago:

"my fellow Americans, this is the land of the home and free and compassionate. Join me in looking after your family, friend, neighbors and all. Let's hunker down and wear these masks, incorporate them into our daily routines. Let's make history and use this little inconvenient device to prove our nation's commitment to doing the right thing. Be an American, a patriot, a decent human being and wear the mask."

Dial it up or down a little bit as needed.

Instead we got:

" fuck masks, they are anti American, don't work and you're sacrificing your liberty and betraying your patriotism if you're a Beta bitch and wear one. "

That's a big part of how badly this mess became. Sadly, it may be too late. Maybe this embarrassing time of little to no caring from morons can be stemmed.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Imagine this only becoming a thing in fucking 2021.

It's astoundingly incompetent that this has not been a thing until now.

So many unnecessary deaths from measures like this having not already being taken an entire year ago.

Trump is to blame for it. If he was re-elected, this shit would've gotten much worse than it is right now.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Who's gonna enforce this?
Exactly what I was thinking. Many businesses already have the rule in place saying you have wear one to enter. That's not stopping Karen and Jim Bob from throwing fits like 2 year olds and ignoring the rule. This will just extend the requirement to more businesses so I expect to see a lot more twitter videos of childish tantrums and people ignoring the rule.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Should have been done from the beginning. It's too late now. A paper tiger. No one will enforce en masse. An empty gesture.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd imagine officials tasked with policing/security would be able to enforce this now. The penalty would be pretty immediate. They'd have the ability to bar people from traveling. Probably gives regular employees more cover too since they'd actually have the backing of the government here.

Nov 18, 2020
Now please bump up police presence on the subway to actually fine people who don't comply. This order is meaningless without enforcement on those who flagrantly disregard the rules.

Taxi cab drivers and flight attendants should also bring the hammer down. Either you put on your mask or you're kicked out of the vehicle.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're doing this, but it won't be enforced by any cops or security guards or anything and it's gonna suck.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Can we also start closing down restaurants that defy shit since Newsom isn't doing shit. All my local restaurants still have indoor dining.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
For Airlines I think the enforcement is pretty simple. If you refuse to comply, you get reported and added to the no-fly list, which restricts you from any airline.

For the others...we'll see.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if not enforceable, it still will help out and help encourage others that may not have otherwise worn it. Plus more people wearing it will keep adding up and encourage others to wear it more often when they see others wear it.

The "freedom" people will throw fit. But they would have always thrown a fit. So don't worry about them. Don't give them attention if we can help it.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Cool beans. The issue with mandates like this is going to be enforcement - my local PD has signaled that they will be doing absolutely fuck all in terms of enforcing things like this