• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
1125x682_previewbanner_Cyberpunk2077Announcement.jpg

Sideshow Collectibles said:
"Sideshow is excited to announce that Cyberpunk 2077 license and collectibles will be coming in the future! Stay tuned – RSVP for more updates!"

This is great news, since they do extremely high-quality work!

More at this link.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
As nice and as detailed as Sideshow figures are they very expensive, I hope there are some cheaper options going to be available?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know these are expensive when the site directly offers an option to pay in installments, lol

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
Fuck my life. Not even this game is safe from the funko pop menace.

At this point I stopped caring about Funko's incessant ubiquity and just accepted it. Last gen titles are still dirt cheap at GameStop so I'm willing to let them shill the latest dead eyed pop culture reference in exchange for a few extra years of buying last gen titles for below market value before GS goes under or restructures.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk seems to be shaping to be an event equivalent to a new R* game.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Thats's a figure by Hot Toys.

The Sideshow version looks like shit in comparison (and both are equally expensive at about $230):

luke-skywalker-deluxeobjn5.jpg
Ah thanks! I just pulled from the site, I'll look into it now.
It can't be stated enough that Sideshow figures can't hold a candle to Hot Toy's output. Not even a fair contest.
I guess it just depends on who the sculptor is because these look phenomenal:
she-hulk_marvel_gallery_5d7a84525f78a.jpg

thor_marvel_gallery_5ca783e92677d.jpg

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, they did Pokemon funko pops recently
Thats because TPC is trash and folded :P
Theres no Nintendo internally made characters for funko pop, and im pretty sure funko would kill for nintendo ips.

I actually wonder having bought so many IPs why Funko doesnt go under. That shit must be cheap as fuck to produce because they do a lot of stufd that has zero market availability, and the produce the most popular stuff on mass with things always rotting on shelv1es. So no matter how well still sells they are overproducing.

EDIT
actually searched for some news about it, Mariotti, the ceo of funko said in an interview a year ago that the IP that his company is most going after is nintendo, and that maybe with the relationship with TPC letting them put funkos of some pokemons the possibilty of a serious talk with nintendo could open up.
A year has passed and nothing has happened, or someone at nintendo really hates funko pop or they actually think having that type of merchandise will no be good for their brands.

Last edited:

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I just purchased my first collectible (Chronicle Collectibles USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D) and now you are telling me they are making high-quality Cyberpunk and Witcher merch?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Ugh, I just purchased my first collectible (Chronicle Collectibles USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D) and now you are telling me they are making high-quality Cyberpunk and Witcher merch?
Yup.
💸💸💸
The last 2 hence they're Sideshow exclusives. The Iron Man is by Hot Toys for example. Seriously, while Sideshow are an excellent distributor of figures they're not even popular on their own forums. When you can decide between HT and SS you always pick HT. Sideshow has some other nice stuff like busts and statues.
I edited both posts, as I saw the error - and yes for the most part, Hot Toys is superior; but I'll wait and see what's on offer before passing judgement since some of their output is very impressive.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
give me a FemV statue and you can have all my money CDPR.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
As nice and as detailed as Sideshow figures are they very expensive, I hope there are some cheaper options going to be available?

McFarlane has already revealed a male V and a Keanu figure in the same scale as their 7" Doom and MK figures, which go for $20-25, and a 10" Keanu.

Cyberpunk-2077-Male-V-Action-Figure
Cyberpunk-2077-Johnny-Silverhand-Action-Figure

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I just saw earlier that they got TW3 license too so I'll be looking for a Gerald premium format in the future. For now I'll stick to my marvel statues. Cable should be here in a few days.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
why couldn't they give the license to hot toys if they are so much better than sideshow? fuck
btw who made the ciri kitsune figure? because that one looks very impressive, they could also just let those guys make something.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hopefully NECA or Mcfarlane get a shot too. Can't wait to see what Sideshow can cook up though

Edit - scratch that! Looks like Mcfarlane already have dibs

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
why couldn't they give the license to hot toys if they are so much better than sideshow? fuck
btw who made the ciri kitsune figure? because that one looks very impressive, they could also just let those guys make something.
Yeah, I would much rather Hot Toys than Sideshow - not just for the detail factor, but for the fact that Hot Toys are actually poseable and have articulation. Sideshow has in the past made articulated figures, like the Snake Plissken from Escape From New York - but they are of a lower quality than what Hot Toys produces. Most likely these are going to be statues.
These artwork though.

giphy.webp
Yes, they are quite nice🤘🏻

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Second one looks like Ghost in the Shell.
It does!

Here's another quote from Sideshow about what we are getting from them:
Sideshow Collectibles said:
"As part of Sideshow's 12 days, we are delighted to announce the development of new collectibles based on two incredibly popular RPG video game licenses of CD Projekt Red. Through this new licensing association, fans will be able to bring new statues home of Sideshow, artistic prints and more celebrating the epic game worlds of The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 series."
Source

So statues, art prints and...more ;)