• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The old dude they fired was in the UK so it would make sense.

(He works for a right-wing news blog now, even though he "doesn't care about politics" lol.)

tenor.gif

Happy for her, there's positive comments about her in here for her PS Access stuff so already off to a good start.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good move for Hollie, but this is a GREAT move for CDPR. I expect she will get their shit turned around real quick over there.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hollie, this is a great new adventure for her :) It's still gonna sting shes not at Access anymore, but I wish her all the best and hope she has lots of fun.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really awesome for Hollie, gonna miss her on PS Access, but it looks like she has a bright future in the industry.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I am a fan of Hollie and CDPR could really benefit with her leading communication.

Oct 29, 2017
Has CDPR ever formally apologized for the idiot they had previously who got them in hot water numerous times? If not, she has an uphill battle...

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see any PS Access stuff, but I'll trust y'all on this. Hopefully she gets CDPR's PR right.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I always really liked her. I hope she helps facilitate some positive changes at CDPR.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I will miss her at PS Access. She was great there and her passion for anything Yakuza was always fun to see :)

Not familiar with her, but congrats for the gig. People seem confident she will have a positive effect, is she vocal about social issues?

There's a video of her attending London Pride I think (she went cosplaying as Aloy and went in a supporting manner), but outside of that, I don't know. From what I watched her in PSA, she's genuinely a nice person.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe they meant stuff as jokes but it pisses me off, going to take more than a new pr figurehead, I just hope they have learned and are genuine.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
There seems to be a general consensus in this thread thad CDPR have made a fool out of itself publically as of late. For me, I only remember gamers loving CDPR for Witcher 3 and the non-DLC practices, no DRM etc. Could someone please enlighten me on what it is they have done wrong?
Nice, I can dig it.
Some really unfortunate tweets. https://kotaku.com/gog-account-publishes-yet-another-awful-tweet-1829939458
The games, DLC etc. are still good though, but their PR has been awful and tone-deaf.

To be precise, it's not "their PR" in general. CDPR the studio is unrelated to this problem, the problematic tweets were made by a British guy who ran the GOG twitter account and was fired afterwards. GOG belongs to the same parent company as CDPR, but is a completely separate entity.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
To be precise, it's not "their PR" in general. CDPR the studio is unrelated to this problem, the problematic tweets were made by a British guy who ran the GOG twitter account and was fired afterwards. GOG belongs to the same parent company as CDPR, but is a completely separate entity.
If his interview is to be believed, he had nothing to do with that transphobic tweet made by the Cyberpunk 2077 account. That was apparently somebody else.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
If his interview is to be believed, he had nothing to do with that transphobic tweet made by the Cyberpunk 2077 account. That was apparently somebody else.
That was the same interview where he claimed to "just not know about" the context of the trans hashtag he'd mocked, not care about politics, and strongly support the LGBT community, right before it came out that he was now working for a far-right news org.

Lacking any other evidence I'm inclined to take "someone else did that other one" as further self-serving horseshit.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
There's been stupid shit from multiple Twitter accounts. But yeah didn't mean to put the blame on the devs, they of course had nothing to do with it. But it's the tweets from two different accounts and also how CDP handled the aftermath.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
That was the same interview where he claimed to "just not know about" the context of the trans hashtag he'd mocked, not care about politics, and strongly support the LGBT community, right before it came out that he was now working for a far-right news org.

Lacking any other evidence I'm inclined to take "someone else did that other one" as further self-serving horseshit.
Yeah, I don't really disagree. But whether he's lying or not doesn't matter too much to me because CDPR hasn't offered any genuine apology or transparency in the process. We didn't even know that this dude got let go until some forum sleuths tracked him down and a gaming journalist followed up on it. Maybe there was another person there that made that tweet and CDPR let him go. Maybe he's full of shit. CDPR's secrecy and company culture that allowed this to happen multiple times kinda trumps that question for me.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think we can take what that dude said in that interview at face value tbh

Hollie is really good so this is an excellent hire

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The old dude they fired was in the UK so it would make sense.

(He works for a right-wing news blog now, even though he "doesn't care about politics" lol.)

He actually didn't take the job.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/go...ar-right-wing-gaming-site.85845/post-15803676

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
The best part of this news is that it suggests that someone at CD Projekt Red with authority has acted upon needed communications changes. Hopefully their future outward facing image matches internal efforts to make sure the culture is tolerant and not asshole-embracing.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice get for CDPR. Hollie is awesome. I'm not a fan of CDPR, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
So that's where she went! I'll miss seeing her on PS Access. Even though CDPR doesn't deserve her, considering the shit show they allowed to happen on several occasions.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So that's where she went! I'll miss seeing her on PS Access. Even though CDPR doesn't deserve her, considering the shit show they allowed to happen on several occasions.
Im pretty sure she thinks they deserve her. And i am also pretty sure one of the reasons is because of those 3 tweets . Tho idk if i would call it a shit show