• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Well no shit. The thing is though, the Switch, Remote Play, Stadia, Steam Streaming all have shown that there is a market for gaming anywhere. Cyberpunk 2077 will be on a portable sooner rather than later. Be that via streaming or native on whatever handheld console may come in the future. And features like crossplatform play, progression etc. will become the standard. Also the massive jump in processing power that mobile chips have seen in just a few years is a good sign.

I for one can't wait.

Oct 26, 2017
Cyberpunk from they've shown is far more complex so I'm not really sure why you think it isn't.
I think the sheer density of materials, scripting, systems, geometry and animation is leagues beyond anything they've done with Witcher 3. That alone makes this an entirely different beast. Not to mention that even W3 wasn't running anywhere near high settings on consoles.
Cyberpunk isn't happening on switch. I'm making a ban bet on that. But... a Switch 2? A few years down the road, say in 2022 or some such? I can see that easily. When the hardware is ready, I'm sure that CDPR will be there.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk isn't happening on switch. I'm making a ban bet on that. But... a Switch 2? A few years down the road, say in 2022 or some such? I can see that easily. When the hardware is ready, I'm sure that CDPR will be there.
i think if switcher 3 does well, CDPR would be VERY eager to get their hands on a switch 2 devkit to port cyberpunk and have it ready for the launch window of the system.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Even if it were possible, it's certainly not how I will be wanting to experience the game. At least for the first time.

I can't wait to get immersed in that world, but not at sub-720p with LoD pop in galore and a dodgy framerate.

I love my Switch, but I love it for games like Baba Is You.

Options are nice though.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
By the time they get around to it, Switch 2.0 and it will be released for that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ok, people are taking these Switch ports a little too far, at one point I feel like you have to stop, it's getting laughably ridiculous now. I'm not even expecting Cyberpunk to run all fine on base PS4 and XBO consoles.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Aka. Nintendo hasn't approached us about this subject yet.

Non-answers are the best answers.

Oct 26, 2017
i think if switcher 3 does well, CDPR would be VERY eager to get their hands on a switch 2 devkit to port cyberpunk and have it ready for the launch window of the system.
If mobile tech keeps advancing at the pace it is right now, then we'll see a lot of impressive games, even next gen ones to be released on mobile platforms, phones included. Switch has proven that there is a market for high end games (with varying degrees of sacrifices or delayed releases: read last gen ports) for mobile.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Yeah, maybe on Switch 2

Cyberpunk will have vehicles. Imagine the amount of pop in

Not only that, but low resolution in an open world FPS game? Yeesh

Trying to see enemies far from you in a dark environment you would be a mess

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
switch pro (if there is such a thing) won't make any new port possible as they'd have to still run on regular switch as well, but yeah when switch 2 comes in 2022/2023, the floodgates of ps4/xbo ports will open.

Not to play devil's advocate but werent there some games that only ran on the new 3ds xl or whatever and not the original ?

I wasn't around for that time so I cant remember correctly. I think Xenoblade was one. Not disagreeing with you, but I dont think its unheard of.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Are people really planning to wait 4-5 years to play this in hopes of a theoretical port on a system that doesn't exist yet?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to play devil's advocate but werent there some games that only ran on the new 3ds xl or whatever and not the original ?

I wasn't around for that time so I cant remember correctly. I think Xenoblade was one. Not disagreeing with you, but I dont think its unheard of.
there were, but i think they were never a big deal. xenoblade was honestly the only one that felt like a worthwhile exclusive that may get some people to upgrade.
N3DS being more powerful didn't really lead to 3rd party devs and publishers developing or porting games to the system that weren't possible on the regular 3DS. i don't see why a hypothetical pro switch would be any different. and we also have the ps4 pro and xbox one x, where every game has to also run on the base system.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Are people really planning to wait 4-5 years to play this in hopes of a theoretical port on a system that doesn't exist yet?

If they can't play it on another system (whether that's due to lacking the system itself or the free time to play such a long game on a stationary system) then what's the problem?

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't see what Cyberpunk is doing that means it can't run well on the base PS4 or Xbox one. It looks like a regular old first person RPG to me.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a Switch Pro port of Cyberpunk. The reason these third party ports come is because the Switch is a huge success and that playerbase won't be there for a Pro model. If a pro model does exist I wouldn't be surprised if it's more in line with the PS4 Pro and XBOX (god damn it Microsoft).

I just don't see a lot of people buying a Switch Pro to get more downgraded Switch ports that are feasible on Pro but not the original model. You're better off waiting for the Switch 2 in 2022.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D says hi.
one first party game (well, fire emblem warriors too but who played that on the 3DS) made to make a new hardware revision more attractive isn't the same as third parties rushing to port their games to a platform with 0 userbase while ignoring the 40 or 50 million regular switches that are already out there. nintendo can afford to do that, 3rd parties can't. ports like witcher 3 are happening because of the huge userbase of switch, not because the devs want a new platform to toy around with.
this is all hypothetical anyway. there's no switch pro, not even any rumors. there's little reason to believe there will be such an upgrade, even less reason to believe it'll get pro-exclusive games from 3rd parties.

Last edited:

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Wait, is a Switch Pro actually like a thing that definitely happening?

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch is the little system that could, and ever since Doom 2016, I knew most PS4/XBO titles were feasible, including The Witcher 3, but yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 is probably a stretch.

Even if they somehow ported it to Switch, I imagine the downgrades would be so severe that it would enter the realm of being nearly unplayable. I mean "image quality is so bad that I have trouble making out what I'm looking at"-unplayable, not just "ugh, it's ugly"-territory. Especially in handheld. Nobody is going to want to play the game if it means it has to be even blurrier than games like Wolfenstein 2 to maintain a somewhat acceptable framerate.

Oct 26, 2017
Switch is the little system that could, and ever since Doom 2016, I knew most PS4/XBO titles were feasible, including The Witcher 3, but yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 is probably a stretch.

Even if they somehow ported it to Switch, I imagine the downgrades would be so severe that it would enter the realm of being nearly unplayable. I mean "image quality is so bad that I have trouble making out what I'm looking at"-unplayable, not just "ugh, it's ugly"-territory. Especially in handheld. Nobody is going to want to play the game if it means it has to be even blurrier than games like Wolfenstein 2 to maintain a somewhat acceptable framerate.
Cyberpunk will make the PS4Pro and Xbox One X sweat bullets. If those can run it at a constant 30fps that will be a good achievement. The Switch is punching above its weight, but this would be like trying to lift a fully loaded semi truck. It isn't happening.