• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to check this out and only watched the first episode so far. I'm liking it. That George stuff though. I was not expecting some like that when that first scene hit.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The new episode was good again. The ending though...

Okay, I somehow get the feeling from that final scene that "Leland" may be "dead" - at least his body. And he is now basically possessing the mother. I mainly get that feeling because Leland didn't really look alive at all in the bed. And, well, the red dress and the prophecy of "avoiding red for a week".

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anyone still watching this? I just saw EP 10, I still really like the show. It does indeed feel like a more modern X-Files, even if there is less supernatural stuff in there so far or it is rather vague and left open.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm still watching and loving it.

Sadly, I don't have much to say about it though. I like all the characters(literally all of them, I would watch a show just about the four daughters), it is fun and weird(the birth in the field a few episode back!), refreshingly topical(the incel stuff was excellent), and it really excels at making the 'case of the week' feel vital and not like something rote that they have to do because its a TV show. The Kings might be the best around at doing longform storytelling while still keeping to the procedural/case-of-the-week structure.

I think it is one of the best shows on TV and there is only so many way to say that, unfortunately.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Wow, had no idea this show existed even as a TGW/TGF fan. How heavy is it on the scare/suspense? Not sure my wife will be in if it's more Silent Hill than King show.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow, had no idea this show existed even as a TGW/TGF fan. How heavy is it on the scare/suspense? Not sure my wife will be in if it's more Silent Hill than King show.
If you ever saw X-Files, it's something similar. So far probably even tamer. It does get graphic some times and it definitly has a creepy atmosphere sometimes, but so far we never really got a jump scare or flat out horror.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thanks Sölf and HeavenlyOne . The trailer was super intense and basically sold a horror movie, so I wasn't going to sell my wife on the show with it. But if you are both saying its more King show than horror, I'll make sure we give it a try.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up on this.
2 Father episode (Luke and Kristen visits Luke's father)
High Kristen is cute

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wish it was a Netflix or Amazon series, premise looks dope but CBS will kill it with fire after one season.

What role does Michael Emerson play?

Anything where the Catholic Church deploys demon hunting assassin's? I'm down for. Sucker for that shit.

Edit:? Oh shit it's already on the air?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Wish it was a Netflix or Amazon series, premise looks dope but CBS will kill it with fire after one season.

What role does Michael Emerson play?

Anything where the Catholic Church deploys demon hunting assassin's? I'm down for. Sucker for that shit.

Edit:? Oh shit it's already on the air?
On Netflix it'd be more intense probably. But it's fairly intense at times as it is. And it's been picked up for another season. I love the show and I am just glad to see my boy Luke Cage get some work.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yooo, the new episode. Those "dream" or "drug" or whatever sequences were rather cool imo. That creature design also looked dope.

phaeta

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be satisfied by this series. Some crazy fun in the most recent episode.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I'm intrigued, due to the theme and The Good Wife being one of my favorite series. Hopefully one of the local networks in Finland picks it up, or it becomes available on Prime/Netflix.

The Good Fight is in my top 5, so consider me in for this.

I watched a couple of episodes on Prime, and it didn't click as well as GW. Does it get better further on?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The devil reaping the field 😆
The setting and the animation.

so Luke's vision is Kristen getting corrupted. Especially that cliffhanger

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I watched a couple of episodes on Prime, and it didn't click as well as GW. Does it get better further on?

The Good Fight gets much much better than The Good Wife. I thought it was better from the get go to be honest. Later seasons focus a lot less on the woman from Game of Thrones (on my phone and can't remember her name)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I've only caught bits and pieces. Is goat head literally Baphomet or a stand in demon? Also the mother loving the bad guy is an all around annoying part of the show.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
just watched the finale
i enjoyed the series before the mid season break
i liked it when they purposely made everything vague, now all the satanism is basically true and in your face

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that finale really threw a truckload of shit into the mix. This show is kind of all over the place, but it's well made and the cast is really really good, so it kind of works out fairly well.

so the blood on her leg means she killed the serial killer and she is apparently evil, TITLE CARD.gif!

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
no idea what happened with this series before and after the mid season break
the change in tone was so big

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching this since it popped up on Netflix?

Currently on episode 7 and I gotta say it's one of the better shows that keeps surprising me. Doesn't go too overly corny and off the cliff and yet there's places where it went quite a dark turn.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Oh I watched it's run on CBS. A fun kinda spooky show. And the two leads have great chemistry. I can definitely feel the "I wanna fuck" vibes from both of them in some of the small glances they give.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
This show is #5 in popularity on Netflix this week!

I just finished watching the first season- so interesting! Although I'm getting kind of tired of all the dreams.

That's some cliffhanger. I wonder how long it will take to get season 2 on Netflix? Like a whole year from now? Ugh

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
didnt know this is getting season 2
probably wont watch it, i much prefer the subtlety of season 1 before mid season break

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched episode 4 and wasn't expecting that twist. Damn.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Did the same about a month ago. I didn't expect it to have the humor and be as self aware as it is if that makes sense.
Totally. The suspense and hook just absolutely got me. Some stuff legit creeped me out, and I just had to watch the next episode to find out what happens next, especially in the back half of the season. Cannot wait for season 2.