• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com

Pennsylvania Republican Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Disputing 2020 Election Results

Pennsylvania Republican lawmakers have introduced a resolution intending to dispute the 2020 election results on Friday.

HARRISBURG (KDKA) — Pennsylvania Republican lawmakers have introduced a resolution intending to dispute the 2020 election results on Friday.

The resolution intends to declare the 2020 election results as being "in dispute," delay the certification of votes from Pennsylvania for both the state and presidential races and asks for the U.S. Congress to also declare the 2020 presidential race to be in dispute.

The legislators contend that a multitude of factors put the election results in dispute, including the extension of the mail-in ballot deadline and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's ruling that loosened restrictions regarding signature authentication. They also accuse Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar of certifying the results of the election "prematurely… despite ongoing litigation."

The resolution does not specify how the state or presidential electors would be determined if the resolution were to pass.

.........I don't have any words.

Introduce a resolution to lock this thread if old.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Regular reminder that Republicans do not care about any rule or law that doesn't immediately benefit them

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
What Fetterman was saying is that if you dispute the election results, the state legislature cannot appoint their own electors as they would be disputing their own election, and as Nov 30th is the deadline for the end of their term they could do nothing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you telling me that CBS posted fake news?
God damnit. When I thought the news was posted by Chuck Wendig on Twitter... *sigh*

Well, I'm gonna request a thread closure if I understood the tweet right.

It's more performative bullshit, courtesy of the Republican Party.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you telling me that CBS posted fake news?
God damnit. When I thought the news was posted by Chuck Wendig on Twitter... *sigh*

Well, I'm gonna request a thread closure if I understood the tweet right.

It isn't that they didn't do it. It's that it is just theater and effectively means nothing.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Also the PA General Assembly ends on Monday so even if this has enough support (lol no) there's no way it would be passed in time among both chambers.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's more performative bullshit, courtesy of the Republican Party.
Seems to me that's all the Republican Party amounts to these days.

Performative bullshit. To go along with the endless projection, shirking of any and all accountability, craven and opportunistic grifting, wholesale hypocrisy when out of power, procuring handouts upon handouts for corporations and the wealthy and otherwise festering hate, division and conspiracy with no basis in reality. And no shame or self-reflection for any of the above reprehensible conduct.

But MOSTLY performative bullshit. Did I miss anything?

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Seems to me that's all the Republican Party amounts to these days.

Performative bullshit. To go along with the endless projection, shirking of any and all accountability, craven and opportunistic grifting, wholesale hypocrisy when out of power, procuring handouts upon handouts for corporations and the wealthy and otherwise festering hate, division and conspiracy with no basis in reality. And no shame or self-reflection for any of the above reprehensible conduct.

But MOSTLY performative bullshit. Did I miss anything?
Preeaach. While they've always been like this to an extent in my lifetime, they don't even have to pretend to care about policy, rule of law or a consistent ethos when the party simply runs on petty grievances, faux-patriotism, cynical gamesmanship and devotion to right wing media narratives. And reporting on stunts like this with any shred of legitimacy from newsrooms that should know better is partly how we got here.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Important things to note about this:

Their legislative session ends on Nov. 30. All bills that haven't been voted on die that day, most definitely including this one.

There are no planned session before Nov. 30. This is pure show. It won't ever come to the floor or be voted on. It'll just disappear on Tuesday, never to be spoken of again.

They're only doing this because they know these facts. They want to make Trump happy with these news stories about the bill but don't actually want to follow through on any of it.

Oct 27, 2017
This kind of shit is making that divide between the 73 million and 81 million dangerously larger. The republican party is no longer interested in democracy, just obtaining power by any means necessary.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is all these losers have, the equivalent of crying that their preferred sports team lost on twitter. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
"Performative bullshit" seems to be all the GOP can muster nowadays...

It's still scary, because their base are the political equivalent of people who think wrestling is real. They need to stop this shit now. They, sadly, did very well downballot but lost the presidency. Just stop this silliness now before America falls apart.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to the right wing sites i read for laughs this and the karen kraken are gonna flip the election.

Wonder what they will move onto when they don't.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
Preeaach. While they've always been like this to an extent in my lifetime, they don't even have to pretend to care about policy, rule of law or a consistent ethos when the party simply runs on petty grievances, faux-patriotism, cynical gamesmanship and devotion to right wing media narratives. And reporting on stunts like this with any shred of legitimacy from newsrooms that should know better is partly how we got here.

it's getting very little traction in most newsrooms. Mastrioni is spending most of his time on newsmax and Steve Bannon's podcast talking about this. Shows the sort of guy that he is.

It's performative for Trump and his base. If the "evidence" was overwhelming that he was claiming about fraud, it would have been his duty as a lawmaker to take it to legal authorities. Clearly the guy cares about fraud so much that he's willing to go on the podcast of an alleged fraudsters :)