• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will it turn out?

• CBS's new number 1 hit that you can't figure out who watches this crap

Votes: 142 53.0%
  • Immediately canceled

Votes: 86 32.1%
  • It's surprisingly pretty good

Votes: 40 14.9%

• Total voters

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will he be fighting other creatures or just solving regular murders?

c0ZNTWqWMc7D3D53fpvP-IhvSkM=.gif

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Awe man. I was hoping that it would just be the universal Frankenstein smoking a pipe and solving mysteries caused by a bunch of kids and their dog.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this xth show related to Frankenstein legend and solving crimes?

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I predict a mildly suspenseful pilot followed by filler garbage and cancelled 10 eps in, especially if filmed in san fran that shits expensive.

Don't forget there will likely be semi-interesting plot/details in the background to distract viewers from the boring AF police nonsense, but won't be resolved due to cancellation or 3-4 seasons from now.

I'm surprised the main(or co-main) character isn't a lady cop and Frankenstein monster dude as the quirky side kick.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I obviously know this isn't how it'll go, but the idea of an 8 foot tall green dude running around and solving crime sounds hilarious to me.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out Merlin was a detective and a wizard. Those recently discovered scribbles from the Middle Ages revealed a lot of new information.

There will be a HBO true crime series forthcoming in 2020.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix already has this: Frankenstein's Chronicles it has Sean Bean in it as a detective.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I can't stand these crime procedural shows, like network tv is so overpopulated with those + hospital/doctor shows, it's like if you want to write or pitch a show all you need to do is make it one or the other with some "twist" that makes it sound unique but in the end that unique aspect gets maybe 5% of the shows total airtime and the rest is generic rehashed "crime" stories over and over.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't stand these crime procedural shows, like network tv is so overpopulated with those + hospital/doctor shows, it's like if you want to write or pitch a show all you need to do is make it one or the other with some "twist" that makes it sound unique but in the end that unique aspect gets maybe 5% of the shows total airtime and the rest is generic rehashed "crime" stories over and over.

Gotta appeal to the boring tastes of baby boomers. They are probably the ones least likely to be cord-cutters.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
[public domain property] + [solves crimes modern day] = network tv pilot

Sense and Sensibility and Special Crimes
The Javert Files
CSI: Wuthering Heights
Pride and Prejudice and Precinct 19
Quasimodo, PI - He's back...and he's got a hunch!

And of course the Charles Dickens Criminology Shared Universe:
Oliver, Orphan Detective - You'll never guess the twist!
David Copper - He's the best in his field!
A Trial of Two Cities - It was the best of crimes, it was the worst of crimes!

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Reminds me of these planned pilots from a few years back

On other networks, ABC recently green-lit the production of a pilot episode of their new fledgling drama-series "Mockingbirds", a loose adaptation of Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird" which sees Atticus Finch re-imagined as a hard-bitten cyborg mercenary from the year 2078 who goes back in time to the 1920's to stop the spread of racism before it threatens to destroy the Earth
Damn you, I just burst into laughter reading your post and lost it after getting into this bit. My stomach hurts now. How could anyone ever green lighted this crap.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You just know theres not going to be any cool disfigurements or make up.

Bet money he's going to have like a small scar on his head or something and go "I'm a moooonssster!"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Is he going to have a spunky female sidekick that exists to be exasperated at our rude Frankenstein detective and audience surrogate with a pinch of sexual tension

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Not as bad as that rumor about NBC developing a sexy contemporary oliver twist adaptation.