• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a transcript of a June 7th interview CBS News had with US Attorney General Bill Barr.

www.cbsnews.com

Transcript: Attorney General William Barr on "Face the Nation," June 7, 2020

The following is a transcript of an interview with Attorney General William Barr that aired Sunday, June 7, 2020, on "Face the Nation."

He claims no systemic racism in law enforcement:

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you believe there is systemic racism in law enforcement?

BARR: I think there's racism in the United States still but I don't think that the law enforcement system is systemically racist. I understand the- the distrust, however, of the African-American community given the history in this country. I think we have to recognize that for most of our history, our institutions were explicitly racist. Since the 1960s, I think we've been in a phase of reforming our institutions and making sure that they're in sync with our laws and aren't fighting a rearguard action to impose inequities.

He strongly defends the police:

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you think there should be some tweaking of the rules, reduced immunity to go after some of the bad cops?

BARR: I don't think you need to reduce immunity to- to go after the bad cops, because that would result certainly in police pulling back. It's, you know, policing is the toughest job in the country. And I- and I frankly think that we have generally the vast, overwhelming majority of police are good people. They're civic minded people who believe in serving the public. They do so bravely. They do so righteously.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But the bad cops.

BARR: I- I think that there are instances of bad cops. And I think we have to be careful about automatically assuming that the actions of an individual necessarily mean that their organization is rotten. All organizations have people who engage in misconduct, and you sometimes have to be careful as for when you ascribe that to the whole organization and when it really is some errant member who isn't following the rules.

And he says that the June 1 protest was not peaceful:

MARGARET BRENNAN: I want to ask you about some of the events of the week. On Monday, Lafayette Park was cleared of protesters. You've spoken about this. The federal agents who were there report up to you. Did you think it was appropriate for them to use smoke bombs, tear gas, pepper balls, projectiles at what appeared to be peaceful protesters?

BARR: They were not peaceful protesters. And that's one of the big lies that the- the media is- seems to be perpetuating at this point.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Three of my CBS colleagues were there. We talked to them.

BARR: Yeah.

MARGARET BRENNAN: They did not hear warnings. They did not see protesters--

BARR: There were three warnings.

MARGARET BRENNAN:--throwing anything.

Barr claims that pepper spray is NOT a chemical irritant, claims that protestors threw things on June 1 but CBS News saw nothing thrown:

MARGARET BRENNAN: On Monday, you're saying there were projectiles--

BARR: On Monday, yes there were.

MARGARET BRENNAN: As I'm saying, three of my colleagues were there.

BARR: Yeah.

MARGARET BRENNAN: They did not see projectiles being thrown--

BARR: I was there.

MARGARET BRENNAN: --when that happened.

BARR: I was there. They were thrown. I saw them thrown.

MARGARET BRENNAN: There were chemical irritants the park police has said--

BARR: No, there were not chemical irritants. Pepper spray is not a chemical irritant.

It's not chemical.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Pepper spray, you're saying is what was used--

BARR: Pepper balls. Pepper balls.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Republicans are racist trash and yes, supporting the party with your votes is you being racist

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He low key said MLK fixed racism with that 1960s reference

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
One day we will find the spacetime displacement equipment that allowed Bizarro Goodman to reach our world, then we can use it to travel to his dimension and fuck it up like he's fucked up ours.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This interview was very good, watching it right now on CBSN app. Brennan played the tapes and also made him answer the questions. No softballs.

LilZippa

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
He is such a shit. In any previous administration he would have to resign over this, but being the personal protection for the orange fascist has ensured no accountability.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While trump rightfully deserves a lot of the attention this guy makes Jeff sessions look like a saint. Complete worthless trash that I hope ends up in prison right next to trump.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Barr was respected before joining the admin and now history will look back and see him as a lapdog for a dictator wannabe. Hope he enjoys his legacy.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If I was interviewing him I would have had to have asked him if it was ok if we sprayed the non-chemical irritant in his stupid face.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I remember when this guy was appointed. Muller investigation immediately was swept under the rug despite his "reputation." His full on Trumper and a fucking fascist too.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
He is such a shit. In any previous administration he would have to resign over this, but being the personal protection for the orange fascist has ensured no accountability.
pullquote2.jpg

Cover-up Barr is who he always was. The only reason he's around today is because in America we do this thing where we don't punish or highlight law-breaking trash if they're white and serve the powerful.

Too many went "let bygones be bygones", and now 30 years later we're reaping what was sowed.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
pullquote2.jpg

Cover-up Barr is who he always was. The only reason he's around today is because in America we do this thing where we don't punish or highlight law-breaking trash if they're white and serve the powerful.

Too many went "let bygones be bygones", and now 30 years later we're reaping what was sowed.
I hate how these parasites just keep hanging around. Same with Bolton.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Barr is a nakedly political appointee and a traitor who endangered the United States and deliberately covered up a successful and ongoing attack on the nation by its sworn enemy - and he should be bundled into a van and shipped to Guantanamo for questioning as a foreign agent.

Everything he says and does is in advancement of a criminal enterprise and sabotage of our constitution.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
He also denied tear gas was used when it's already been confirmed it was.

Yep. Just a friendly reminder that they're lying and downplaying, always.

Nathan Baca
@NathanBacaTV

·
Jun 4

Breaking: police canisters gathered by
@wusa9
crews Monday night show federal police DID use artificial CS tear gas in addition to natural OC gas on #BlackLivesMatter
#WashingtonDCProtests Asking
@usparkpolicepio
&
@realDonaldTrump
for response on statements claiming otherwise.

And WUSA is a local DC CBS-affiliate.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I wish someone could have gotten ahold of him when he walked the streets on June the 1st. Non-peacefully.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bill Barr is a nakedly political appointee and a traitor who endangered the United States and deliberately covered up a successful and ongoing attack on the nation by its sworn enemy - and he should be bundled into a van and shipped to Guantanamo for questioning as a foreign agent.

Everything he says and does is in advancement of a criminal enterprise and sabotage of our constitution.

Start messaging/calling your reps to impeach him. I've been doing it for a while.

Even if the Senate doesn't move the message is important.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barr was respected before joining the admin and now history will look back and see him as a lapdog for a dictator wannabe. Hope he enjoys his legacy.

Barr applied publicly and loudly for the job by publishing a bizarre and utterly baseless legal opinion that effectively said, the us president is immune from the law and the constitution"

At the time of its publication the press and observers described it as "an obvious and frightening application for the AG position "

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Barr applied publicly and loudly for the job by publishing a bizarre and utterly baseless legal opinion that effectively said, the us president is immune from the law and the constitution"

At the time of its publication the press and observers described it as "an obvious and frightening application for the AG position "

ah, i have a vague recollection of that. Kissing Trump's ass worked out as expected.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
"Since the 1960's" is such a Boomer thing to say. In their heads, they really fixed everything and then settled in for their cushy, suburban retirements where the most pressing concern was how aggressive to be in preparing for retirement.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
This is what he's been brought in to do. Obfuscae with bullshit technicalities. Remember when Kamala eviscerated him and he tried to wriggle out of words like "suggest" and "imply"?

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The bullshit about cops having the hardest job in the country infuriates me.
Bus drivers, mental health professionals, ER staff, highway construction workers, nursing home workers all have statistically more dangerous jobs and yet they don't get to act without impunity. I know nursing home workers that get called n$@)@: every single day they work by residents for $13/hr and if they even raise their voice, they can be terminated and have their state certificate pulled.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, no. He has always been someone with no principles whatsoever; his only real qualification. He came up with and executed the idea as AG of pardoning the Iran-Contra criminals to protect H.W. Bush (and Reagan) from criminal investigation for his crimes, as an example. The nickname "Cover Up General" covers his actions from 1992 mostly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barr#Iran-Contra

He should not have been confirmed for that alone, let alone everything else in his long career of corruption and betrayal of the US before joining the Trump admin. But of course, it's why Trump chose him.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, no. He has always been someone with no principles whatsoever; his only real qualification. He came up with and executed the idea as AG of pardoning the Iran-Contra criminals to protect H.W. Bush from criminal investigation for his crimes, as an example. The nickname "Cover Up General" covers his actions from 1992 mostly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barr#Iran-Contra

He should not have been confirmed for that alone, let alone everything else in his long career of corruption and betrayal of the US before joining the Trump admin. But of course, it's why Trump chose him.

the best people