• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
losangeles.cbslocal.com

Journalist Deletes Social Media Accounts After Video Of Her Pretending To Board Up Santa Monica Business Goes Viral

A journalist for the Washington Examiner has deactivated her social media accounts after a video of her pretending to board up a Santa Monica business went viral.

SANTA MONICA (CBSLA) — A journalist for the Washington Examiner has deactivated her social media accounts after a video of her pretending to board up a Santa Monica business went viral.
In the video, the woman could be seen posing with a power drill in hand as a man took her photo. The woman then thanked a man and drove away in a black Mercedes.
The New York Times later confirmed the woman's identity as UC Santa Barbara senior Fiona Moriarty-McLaughlin.
As she walked back to the vehicle, the woman could be heard discussing her Instagram.

www.insider.com

'They gonna blame that on us': Videos show white protesters smashing windows and defacing stores as black protesters tell them they're endangering black lives

A knotty problem has emerged: Are white protesters respecting the wishes of an anti-police-brutality movement that should be led by black people?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
"good job guys, blm".

YsFaEJz.png

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hope shit like this haunts her forever professionally.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Taylor Lorenz always with the good stuff.

I wanted to see what the lady's video was though...

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive seen MULTIPLE instances of 'influencers' posing for shit like this and then getting the fuck out of Dodge

fucking embarrassing

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Oh my lord she was a journalist. Thought she just an Instagrammer or something

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This "journalist" works for the shitty Washington Examiner, let me guess, The Washington Examiner sent her on assignment to do this just to strongly push the "looters and rioters" narrative.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
sorry, I don't understand this... can someone please explain what happened?
Bystander video emerged of her pretending to board up a storefront, holding a drill while another person holds up a sheet of plywood. After the photo is taken, she hands the drill back to the guy holding the plywood and, without doing any work, gets into a black Mercedes SUV while saying "thank you (for the photo op) guys, black lives matter" and driving away.

The whole event was so surreal you could've dismissed it as social media satire but I guess it was genuine..?

Last edited:

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Bystander video emerged of her pretending to board up a storefront, holding a drill while another person holds up a sheet of plywood. After the photo is taken, she hands the drill back to the guy holding the plywood and, without doing any work, gets into a black Mercedes SUV while saying "thank you (for the photo op) guys, black lives matter" and driving away.

The whole thing was so surreal you could've sworn it was staged as social media satire but I guess it was genuine.

okay, thank you.

smh

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Might have difficulties finding a job in certain areas, but failure at humanity often leads to success in the right wing media grift, so she will probably be fine.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I remember seeing this earlier in the week and her Twitter at the time was just locked down. The Washington Examiner will not care but I certainly hope any other news outlets she tries to join in the future will do their due diligence and avoid her.

Nov 3, 2017

The whole event was so surreal you could've dismissed it as social media satire but I guess it was genuine..?

I thought it was someone on the background sarcastically saying "lol good job guys blm"

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
This was so absurd and the way it was filmed was so Veep-liked (like the expert zoom in on the Mercedes logo) made me think this was actually part of a comedy bit.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that she got into a clean black Mercedes SUV at the end of it all was the cherry on top.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I remember seeing this on Twitter. I thought it was just some rando.