• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Awful. I don't understand the crotch steaming part? Maybe it's good that I don't. :/
You can get little steaming guns for clothes to get rid of small creases and wrinkles. Sounds like this guy Rose mentioned would get assistants to do that while he was wearing the clothes as an excuse for them to be near his crotch area...that's what I think she's implying anyway.
I can't imagine that wouldn't hurt the person wearing the clothes though, so not sure if she meant a steamer or some other kind of clothes brush or something.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty horrifying. But I'm a little surprised shit like this doesn't happen more often tbh. Shooting 22-23 episodes a year, with constant fight scenes and vehicle chases and other stunt and effects work, so often in night shoots too...these productions must be absolutely grueling, and if they aren't physically destructive and abusive, they've got be enormously mentally taxing as well.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd heard a rumour that Rose had been injured on a previous movie, didn't disclose, CW/WB paid for the surgery and that had been what caused all the trouble. Not saying that's what happened, just that the injury had already been said to be the problem and that rumour could be what they end up using as an excuse.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I was with her until she dunked on Camrus calling people out for being late. That seems totally justified and not in line with her other complaints.

The amount of on set injuries though is crazy. Sounds like they had an incompetent or overworked stunt team that compromised on safety measures. The crazy filming schedules on these shows where they're always in such a rush to get things done probably contributes to that.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With this and the Ray Fischer incident, DC anD WB/CW need some accountability.

That is fucked

You'll be shocked and stunned to hear sweet fuck all will happen as a result of her speaking out. None of these companies ever face accountability. They will always protect the company, the executives and money at all costs. If someone high up is let go they will enjoy that juicy redundancy package.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
From what I've read, they hired the makeup people, hair people, etc. but didn't hire anyone that specifically deals with Black Women's hair. So Candice was afraid to speak up, and let them destroy her hair, until she finally had enough and started to get it done on her own, and when she brought it to light, CW execs refused to pay for it.
FFS.

CW ain't shit. Neither is DC, apparently.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I checked to see the Twitter discourse on this, and while there is a fair amount of support for Ruby, I also see a ton of handwringing about the end of Supergirl and the cast farewell video. Did something happen with Supergirl I haven't heard about, or are Twitter shippers just mad that Kara and Lena never got together?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
...I also see a ton of handwringing about the end of Supergirl and the cast farewell video. Did something happen with Supergirl I haven't heard about, or are Twitter shippers just mad that Kara and Lena never got together?
It's interesting you mention this, because as "SUPERGIRL IS GAY" was trending on Twitter, I had just got done watching the first episode where she says she isn't gay. So I looked into it, and yes, people thought the show was being queerbaiting.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Oy. Are some of these people in charge the same ones who would be involved in the Babylon 5 reboot? If so, I feel like I'd be more than willing to forgo the joy of that reboot if JMS couldn't find some other company to work with.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oy. Are some of these people in charge the same ones who would be involved in the Babylon 5 reboot? If so, I feel like I'd be more than willing to forgo the joy of that reboot if JMS couldn't find some other company to work with.

So Peter Roth, the guy she puts on blast first, no longer works for WB Television at all, and Caroline Dries is the EP of Batwoman specifically. Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter are both absolutely everywhere, both on and off the CW. You'll see Schechter and Berlanti's names show up in credits on HBO Max as well, for example.

It's unclear what producers are working on B5, but I kinda doubt Berlanti and his team are involved.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
It's interesting you mention this, because as "SUPERGIRL IS GAY" was trending on Twitter, I had just got done watching the first episode where she says she isn't gay. So I looked into it, and yes, people thought the show was being queerbaiting.

I mean, that's just in line with everything that The CW does. :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

This is honestly the problem with CW Twitter discourse. For every genuine tweet you find, there's at least ten directly around it who are making grand assumptions about the personal lives of the actors off-set (seriously don't do this, it's creepy as hell) or melting down about a ship they convinced themselves was going to happen. It makes it extremely hard to get an actual read on any situation in the CW world because so much energy is being devoted to metanarratives.

Like I now see a ton of people tweeting about how Benoist hates the cast of Supergirl because she used the word 'some' in her "I'll miss the rest of my cast" statement during the farewell video. Maybe wait for a statement before you develop a narrative in your head about how a performer feels about their job? Yeesh.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
So Peter Roth, the guy she puts on blast first, no longer works for WB Television at all, and Caroline Dries is the EP of Batwoman specifically. Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter are both absolutely everywhere, both on and off the CW. You'll see Schechter and Berlanti's names show up in credits on HBO Max as well, for example.

It's unclear what producers are working on B5, but I kinda doubt Berlanti and his team are involved.
Wasn't really sure on how the leadership structure worked. I assumed that CW and WB are basically interchangeable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't really sure on how the leadership structure worked. I assumed that CW and WB are basically interchangeable.

The CW is a joint venture between CBS Entertainment (Viacom, basically) and AT&T/WarnerMedia, hence the CW moniker (CBS/Warner Bros). A lot of the shows on the CW are produced by Warner Bros. Television, but not all of them.

And the Arrowverse is basically entirely produced by Greg Berlanti and Mark Pedowitz. Riverdale is also under the Berlanti umbrella.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm inclined to believe her. Amell has done interviews talking about how absolutely miserable shooting on Arrow was.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if we get less episodes overall if it means the cast and crew are safe. This is messed up.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the first half of Batwoman, I loved her as Kate Kane and I did notice a significant shift in her acting in the second half of the season. The poor woman suffered through so much and it's no wonder the show took a massive dump in quality in the latter half of season 1.
Which is weird. Common sentiment is that the show drastically improved in quality.

And the Arrowverse is basically entirely produced by Greg Berlanti and Mark Pedowitz. Riverdale is also under the Berlanti umbrella.
Pedowitz is just the boss of the CW. He doesn't produce anything. Berlanti probably doesn't do much anymore on those shows considering how much his company does nowadays, they have like 20 shows.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I'm inclined to believe her. Amell has done interviews talking about how absolutely miserable shooting on Arrow was.

Arrow and Batwoman probably had it the worst amongst all the Arrowverse shows since it's almost entirely physical fighting and practical stunts. Almost all the other DC shows (where the heroes have superpowers) are more heavily aided by CGI effects.

I don't care if we get less episodes overall if it means the cast and crew are safe. This is messed up.

Yeah I wish the industry standard was 13 episodes or less. You get better writing without filler and tighter arcs, better casting options when actors don't have to commit to 10 months of the year, better acting when the cast members are not worn down from the workload, etc. Cable and streaming has been this way for a while, but the broadcast industry refuses to change. These 22 episode seasons aren't sustainable.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
All the Beeboverse shows operate like somebody threw a brick in a running washing machine.

They don't seem to get any time or budget (and their leadership all seem to be total shitbags), so their seasons all seem to be haphazard races to the finish line before things collapse entirely.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
From what I've read, they hired the makeup people, hair people, etc. but didn't hire anyone that specifically deals with Black Women's hair. So Candice was afraid to speak up, and let them destroy her hair, until she finally had enough and started to get it done on her own, and when she brought it to light, CW execs refused to pay for it.
I think it was more that she wanted to go to a salon in LA, but they were only able to reimburse her if she went to a salon in Vancouver. Still bad that they didn't have the proper resources in the first place, but the reimbursement thing is probably just a logistical problem.

I was with her till the Carmus stuff. That part is the Ruby Rose I know and dislike.
What's the difference between the Carmus stuff and her other accusations?

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Yep that was a big one. She also got trolls attacking her from the second she was casted as Iris, and I still think she gets them to this day, and CW/WB did very little to help her in that regard.

Apparently, she ALSO did a lot of advocating for herself and other black actors/actress. Multiple people, from Javicia, to Camrus, to even Anna Diop over at Titans, have said without her, a lot of black CW actors/actresses would not have jobs.

This is amazing. I did not know Candace was such a G.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
What's the difference between the Carmus stuff and her other accusations?

EDIT: I should probably keep it to the things I know for a fact, rather than the speculation. Retracted a baseless speculation about racism accusations.

1) It doesn't fit compared to her other accusations, which all pertain to abuse of co-workers and abuse from management.

2) Lateness is a big thing in film production, due to the amount of people and moving parts involved. So, I get why it'd be thing Camrus would be annoyed by it. As for the snitching thing, idk. But Camrus doesn't have the history for the amount of stuff she levied. If it turns out he does, so be it.

3) Post-CW, Ruby Rose doesn't have the best history with her other cast members. She's friends with people on other shows though.

Mind you, none of this matters compared to what Dougray did, or how CW/WB treated their workers.

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Four things:

1) It doesn't fit compared to her other accusations, which all pertain to abuse of co-workers and abuse from management.

2) Lateness is a big thing in film production, due to the amount of people and moving parts involved. So, I get why it'd be thing Camrus would be annoyed by it. As for the snitching thing, idk. But Camrus doesn't have the history for the amount of stuff she levied. If it turns out he does, so be it.

3) This is pre-CW stuff, but Ruby Rose doesn't exactly have the best history when it comes to race.

4) Post-CW, Ruby Rose doesn't have the best history with her other cast members. She's friends with people on other shows though.

Mind you, none of this matters compared to what Dougray did, or how CW/WB treated their workers.

What has she done with regards to race that is problematic?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

WB making it pretty clear they want to shut this stuff down quickly. I'll be interested to see how things develop from here.

Were they this bold with Ray Fisher?

I don't remember them going this hard, or really accusing Ray Fisher of much at all. WB is effectively saying they don't want to work with Ruby again, whereas with Fisher they basically said "we investigated this and didn't think there was grounds for further action".