• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
LOL there are folks in prison right now because a cop THOUGHT they smelled weed. But clear evidence is not worth the paper work

I mean I'm with you in spirit, but if Tiger could force the government to spent millions in court fighting a speeding ticket that is at most worth a few hundred and at the end of the day Tiger would likely win the case due to no witness then it's kind of a no brainer IMO.

also I believe that for some reason using math and physics at the site of a car collision (using the damage to the car as a reference) to calculate the rate of speed of the car is for some reason not admissible in court for the purposes of proving that someone was speeding.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did he miss the turn off late at speed or something, can't quite get my head around him speeding and crashing at that speed which is fast and reckless in a 40 but surprising end to be honest, don't know the road mind.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
"Genesis GV80 SUV "

shouldve bought german

Motortrend. :

"But again, it's not so much the numbers you get from the Genesis as how it delivers them.
During our SUV of the Year testing, judges commented on a lack of steering response and difficulty in matching the cornering and precision of European SUVs.

There's no feel, and thanks to the very quiet luxe-oriented tires, no grip," Seabaugh said. "On a curvy road, the driver is working overtime just to keep the GV80 centered in the lane. I'm not asking for a sporty drive experience because Genesis, like Lincoln, has eschewed that as a brand value. But the GV80 should nevertheless give you confidence as you drive down a narrow, twisty road."

I thought I'd misremembered what a Genesis GV80 was like for Tiger Woods to be bombing around doing 85 in a 45 in one. I guess not - he was just going way too fast in a car (and road) not at all designed for it. Almost wonder if he was used to the handling of something comparable in size/shape like a Porsche Cayenne and was not prepared for the difference in capability.

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
Wow. Wreckless drivers are terrifying.

I've never done it, and it blows my mind when someone 'accidentally steps on the gas instead of the brakes'. Like how?

Some older lady backed into the glass front of a store my mom was in once, and that was what they said happened.
I know someone that mixed them up before. It can definitely happen in times of panic, which I'm guessing happened in this instance as well.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Genesis GV80 SUV "

shouldve bought german

Motortrend. :

"But again, it's not so much the numbers you get from the Genesis as how it delivers them.
During our SUV of the Year testing, judges commented on a lack of steering response and difficulty in matching the cornering and precision of European SUVs.

There's no feel, and thanks to the very quiet luxe-oriented tires, no grip," Seabaugh said. "On a curvy road, the driver is working overtime just to keep the GV80 centered in the lane. I'm not asking for a sporty drive experience because Genesis, like Lincoln, has eschewed that as a brand value. But the GV80 should nevertheless give you confidence as you drive down a narrow, twisty road."
If Tiger was driving a Porsche he'd be in Augusta today.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've never done it, and it blows my mind when someone 'accidentally steps on the gas instead of the brakes'. Like how?

Some older lady backed into the glass front of a store my mom was in once, and that was what they said happened.
Depending on the type of crash you're having, and which wheels are driven by the engine, pressing the accelerator "a bit" can help in certain, specific, circumstances. It can help get the weight of the car rearwards which can sometimes help grip, and if it's front wheel drive it can help pull the car straight, of the back end is sliding a bit.

In those scenarios, often jumping on the brakes will.make things worse...all the weight goes forwards and if the rear is already sliding, it will just keep going.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tiger Woods would be a real piece of shit if he used his wealth and fame to fight a speeding ticket. There's no way he's ever going to learn from his mistakes if he's going to deny he ever did anything wrong.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
do people want him to go to jail ?

that's what conservatives seem to want as they are going after him for being a celebrity

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I messed up my life that badly because I couldn't simply drive the speed limit.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he was trying to kill himself then? Hopefully, he can be in a better place mentally in the future.

Dunno what sort of road he was on but if you're gonna attempt suicide, I guess ideally just don't but if you are try something that has 0% chance of physically harming anyone else please.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Tiger Woods would be a real piece of shit if he used his wealth and fame to fight a speeding ticket. There's no way he's ever going to learn from his mistakes if he's going to deny he ever did anything wrong.

Why not fight it? Regardless of how you feel about the individual in question or the situation at hand, it is virtually always in the person's best interest to defend themselves against prosecution.

Him sustaining major, probably career ending injuries is most likely a more effective deterrent than appearing in court for a few hundred dollar ticket.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
So he was trying to kill himself then? Hopefully, he can be in a better place mentally in the future.

Dunno what sort of road he was on but if you're gonna attempt suicide, I guess ideally just don't but if you are try something that has 0% chance of physically harming anyone else please.

Where are you getting this is a suicide attempt? Seems like you are making some weird assumptions.

Sounds more like he's a dick (speeding) and panicked (gas instead of break).

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not fight it? Regardless of how you feel about the individual in question or the situation at hand, it is virtually always in the person's best interest to defend themselves against prosecution.

Him sustaining major, probably career ending injuries is most likely a more effective deterrent than appearing in court for a hundred dollar ticket.

Because it takes a big person to admit they were wrong and deal with the consequences. Tiger Woods is not that kind of person.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What are you talking about?

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
He seems to have bad luck with SUV's. I remember him crashing one when he was caught being a sexaholic by his then ex wife. I think he needs to use the money he has and get himself a driver.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Good that it turns out that he wasn't under the influence of anything, but he really shouldn't have been going that fast.

Oct 28, 2017
Good that it turns out that he wasn't under the influence of anything, but he really shouldn't have been going that fast.

7b7ee081-ad65-453b-9e6kuh.jpeg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

that's what conservatives seem to want as they are going after him for being a celebrity

Idk about jail but if he's going double the speed limit he shouldn't be allowed to drive. What if he killed somebody? Safety comes first. Suspend this mans license. Screw his reasoning.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Meh. He shouldn't get treated any differently than anyone else. What normally happens for that violation in that state/county/town? If jail, then fine. If court and heavy fine and loss of license, fine.

Whatever happens when it's over he's rich enough to hire a driver. And should do so.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Full break down on good old TMZ:

www.tmz.com

Tiger Woods Crash Blamed on Speed, Hit Tree at 75 MPH, Golfer Thanks Responders

L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva is about to reveal the findings of the Tiger woods crash report at a 10 AM PT news conference and we will be live-streaming the entire thing here on TMZ.
the Sheriff's Dept. did not get a warrant to check Tiger's cell phone to determine if he was on a call or texting at the time of the crash. Our sources say the Dept. felt it did not have probable cause to get a warrant for cell phone records, although that is often done in accident investigations.

the Sheriff had said there was no evidence Tiger was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, although authorities never tried to get a warrant to draw blood. They say they did not have the necessary probable cause.

The hell? Both should be standard procedure in an accident.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are you getting this is a suicide attempt? Seems like you are making some weird assumptions.

Sounds more like he's a dick (speeding) and panicked (gas instead of break).
Yeah I suppose it is an assumption but driving at double the speed limit without being under the influence and then speeding up at the critical moment came of as a suicide attempt to me. It could just be reckless driving though.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
i know the spot that he crashed. driving 85 anywhere in PV is fucking stupid and he very likely could have killed someone

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I have no sympathy for those who put other drivers lives in jeopardy because they need to drive like an asshole.

Oct 27, 2017
Let the dogpile commence!

Yeah, haha. Us idiots who don't differentiate between what constitutes reckless endangerment

Oh good he was just driving double the speed limit, but at least he wasn't on drugs!

Point out where I said excessive speed wasn't reckless on his part. I'll wait.

What a weird post.

"Haha, he wasn't drunk driving and putting lives in danger, you idiots. He was sober and putting lives in danger."

A lot of people seemed to have this figured out when the crash happened and automatically jumped to erroneous conclusions based on past history. Just pointing out the fact that idiotic assumptions are still idiotic.

Didn't say it, just heavily implied it is all.
Wrong again. I never implied anything (and certainly didn't excuse reckless driving) other than people who throw out assumptions before knowing facts are, in fact, idiots.

How is it idiotic to assume a moron who was previously involved in a DUI would have another one? There's a good chance that a guy doesn't give a shit about human life one time is going to make the same criminally dangerous decision again. Turns out he's just a terrible driver, though. Yay? Either way, he shouldn't be allowed to have a driver's license. Just because he doesn't care about his own life, doesn't mean he should be allowed to put others' lives at risk.

Again, nobody is going to ever argue that Tiger Woods isn't a deeply flawed human being. Arguing that he doesn't give a shit about human life in general though? That's a typical Era hot take and I say that as someone who actually has lost a family member to somebody who DWI'd.

His DWI in Florida, regardless of the circumstances, is inexcusable and the reckless driving in Cali, regardless of the circumstances, is inexcusable but I believe he's a person incapable of making good decisions, especially when a motor vehicle is involved, and not somebody who has a deathwish for himself and others. Although, I suppose, not valuing human life is an easily clearable bar for most people if one is being honest with themselves.

He's had known substance abuse issues and a previous DUI. I don't wish harm on the man but it wasn't exactly a wild assumption.

It isn't and I don't think it's unfair for people's assumptions to have ended up there upon immediately hearing about the accident but even after information came out disputing that being the case, people were still dying on that hill and proclaiming that it had to be the only explanation. It's whatever, not even a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I just find it problematic that people aren't even willing to take in information before spitting out obvious, at least to them, conclusions

Last edited:

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, nobody is going to ever argue that Tiger Woods isn't a deeply flawed human being. Arguing that he doesn't give a shit about human life in general though? That's a typical Era hot take and I say that as someone who actually has lost a family member to somebody who DWI'd.

His DWI in Florida, regardless of the circumstances, is inexcusable and the reckless driving in Cali, regardless of the circumstances, is inexcusable but I believe he's a person incapable of making good decisions, especially when a motor vehicle is involved, and not somebody who has a deathwish for himself and others. Although, I suppose, not valuing human life is an easily clearable bar for most people if one is being honest with themselves.

I'd say someone who is incapable of making good decision when driving -- yet still continues to drive -- does not value his life or the lives of others. That's different than having a deathwish.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Figured this was the case.

Still didn't stop idiots from going straight to the DUI assumptions.
DUI. Speeding at twice the limit. Both are equally as dumb and both can result in losing your license.

He is honestly lucky he didn't kill someone.

Edit: I guess I should have read further before posting. I see I'm not the only one that thought your post was bad.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say someone who is incapable of making good decision when driving -- yet still continues to drive -- does not value his life or the lives of others. That's different than having a deathwish.
Fair enough. As I said, I don't believe he should be making the decision, or even be allowed to, operate a vehicle going forward. When it comes to valuing life, whether it be his own or others, I simply am not qualified enough to pass that judgement on him.

Oct 27, 2017
DUI. Speeding at twice the limit. Both are equally as dumb and both can result in losing your license.

He is honestly lucky he didn't kill someone.

Edit: I guess I should have read further before posting. I see I'm not the only one that thought your post was bad.

If you think I'm trying to (or tried to) excuse excessive speeding or downplaying how reckless it is, of course you're going to think it's a bad post. Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me but I haven't been able to glean that from my words yet.

Posts like this;

Fully doubt that he wasn't under the influence of something.

Either way, he's a wanker for driving that fast.

are why I said what I did. Even still, after the fact reckless driving and excessive speed are identified as the cause, we still have conspiratorial posts like this being made.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are why I said what I did. Even still, after the fact reckless driving and excessive speed are identified as the cause, we still have conspiratorial posts like this being made.

They never took blood samples, though. He could have been under the influence, he could have been a reckless moron, or he could have been both. Who knows? Cops didn't bother checking.