• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like cats or dogs more?

• Cats

Votes: 564 53.8%
  • Dogs

Votes: 484 46.2%

• Total voters

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
I love dogs, but i love them so much it feels like worrying for a whole ass child (i know it doesn't actually compare) .

With a cat I can go out on weekends and for extended vacations hire a pet sitter to just check in.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif

I voted Cats because I currently have two cats and one dog... but I have had more dogs in my lifetime. Pros and Cons to both. My friendly cat and dog both are incredibly friendly and wants pets/cuddles all the time. My aloof cat only wants pets when the other two are asleep and I am not. Dog is more hurricane, cats have broken more stuff. Dog is messier, cats have a litter Robot.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Cats. Little mini tigers with personalities that you get to have around. They're like real like Pokémon and it's awesome. 🥰

Oct 30, 2017
i had a dog and a cat as a kid and i was more into the cat because he fit my personality better. i always thought dogs were kind of not discerning enough because they get excited about absolutely everything, whereas just chilling and watching TV with the cat felt like an emotional breakthrough.

then i became an adult and my wife wanted to get a shiba inu and i said eh okay and fuck, against all odds i completely, unreservedly love him. i didn't realise it'd be so rewarding watching a dog's personality develop but now he's my best buddy.

so i guess i am reluctantly on team dog now.

Oct 28, 2017
Cats match my personality more and I like how chill and self-sufficient they are. But I have a puppy, and she makes me very happy, but her energy is sometimes hard to deal with. I like them both honestly

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
How are dogs losing this vote?

I always suspected something was wrong with you people, what with all the copious evidence of such...

(Ok, yes, both are nice)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Something I haven't seen people mention is the seriousness of the difference between cats and dogs when it comes to a good example and a bad one.

A 'bad' cat will typically either be scared and run away or will hiss/growl but will try to avoid you. You do get extremely rare examples of cats actively and repeatedly attacking people but those are very uncommon.

A 'bad' dog however can have you fearing for your life. I grew up with a couple of dogs who were lovely so I don't have any built in fear but there have been quite a few dogs that I really didn't feel comfortable being around. They can attempt to be dominant with you and can be extremely dangerous. My in laws had more than one dog that they didn't actively treat badly, didn't hit it or anything like that but because the dogs weren't thoroughly trained, they were clearly capable of being dangerous and in the end, one bit someone and they were forced to have it put down.

Of course this isn't representative of all or most dogs, but I would always prefer my chances with a 'bad' cat than a 'bad' dog.

Last edited:

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Since this is a gaming forum, I'll just say that dogs are like easy mode in any game. Not much effort to get their affection, which is great.

But getting a cat's affection and attention is like playing through a Soulsborne game. The effort is worth it.

So I vote cats.

Deleted user 119316

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 22, 2022
Prorsus indignum!
LIV per C personae hic monstras hodie asinos tuos barbaros.

Quis est iste locus, Aegyptus?
Cur non quasdam pyramides stultas construis si tantum felium amas?

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Since this is a gaming forum, I'll just say that dogs are like easy mode in any game. Not much effort to get their affection, which is great.

But getting a cat's affection and attention is like playing through a Soulsborne game. The effort is worth it.

So I vote cats.
People say this but there are plenty of cats who are just naturally affectionate. When I visited my current cat in her foster home she crawled onto my lap within 20 minutes and ever since she has always been very cuddly, jumping in my bed and chair unprompted on a daily basis.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Something I haven't seen people mention is the seriousness of the difference between cats and dogs when it comes to a good example and a bad one.

A 'bad' cat will typically either be scared and run away or will hiss/growl but will try to avoid you. You do get extremely rare examples of cats actively and repeatedly attacking people but those are very uncommon.

A 'bad' dog however can have you fearing for your life. I grew up with a couple of dogs who were lovely so I don't have any built in fear but there have been quite a few dogs that I really didn't feel comfortable being around. They can attempt to be dominant with you and can be extremely dangerous. My in laws had more than one dog that they didn't actively treat badly, didn't hit it or anything like that but because the dogs weren't thoroughly trained, they were clearly capable of being dangerous and in the end, one but someone and they were forced to have it put down.

Of course this isn't representative of all or most dogs, but I would always prefer my chances with a 'bad' cat than a 'bad' dog.
it's honestly super weird how people do the "cats are evil hell beasts" thing when dogs are literally out here killing people

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved both. Used to be, distinctly, a dog person when I was younger tho, and even now, if I was to choose which I wanted to be, I would still def choose dog.

That being said, I have a cat now who's absolutely the best, and I love him soooo much.

EDIT: small cat tax :)

1b2694891667f03df96fdd577773401aba83513b_full.jpg

Last edited:

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I truly like them both, but If I have to choose to take care of one, it will always be a cat. I just feel like we get along better usually.

But I also learned to love dogs when I had to take care of one for some months.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Dogs. I dont have the patience when cats jump on too of everything, especially kitchen surfaces that need to be clean. And they're always trying to get into shit they're not supposed to. Like cabinets or closed rooms. Nah, fuck that. My patience will be tested when I move in with my girlfriend, since she has some bougie $500 persian flat face that fucking sheds everywhere.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Kitties > Puppies

Dogs >>>> Cats

Never owned a cat because I'm worried I'd get an asshole cat and I need my little fluff ball to be willing to cuddle me at any point in time.

Love my Dog he makes me very happy and always wants to be around me, makes me feel loved.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
People say this but there are plenty of cats who are just naturally affectionate. When I visited my current cat in her foster home she crawled onto my lap within 20 minutes and ever since she has always been very cuddly, jumping in my bed and chair unprompted on a daily basis.

Totally, I've had dogs and cats, but it's generally more frequent that dogs are naturally more affectionate while cats (while loving) can take some time to warm up to someone. Obviously depends on the personality of each cat, but it seems more cats are cautious rather than immediately trusting.

A lot of people I know keep saying that don't want to own cats because they are mean or whatever. I try to tell them differently, but it just tends to be that most people I know love dogs more whether or not it's because cats can be misrepresented on screen or common misbeliefs.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Kitties > Puppies

Dogs >>>> Cats

Never owned a cat because I'm worried I'd get an asshole cat and I need my little fluff ball to be willing to cuddle me at any point in time.

Love my Dog he makes me very happy and always wants to be around me, makes me feel loved.
Kitties >>>>>>>>>>>> Puppies
Cats >> Dogs

Kittens are waaaaaaaaaaaay easier to deal with than puppies. Both are very cute. Unless you like cleaning up poop and piss and not being able to travel and needing to go home in the middle of your work day to let the puppy out etc etc.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Cats.

I've had quite a few very good, well trained dogs in my life, but the cats just hit different for me.

Maybe I'll adopt one day, when my life isn't in such a state of limbo.

Deleted user 119316

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 22, 2022
Oh my goodness is this divine beast a member of your household?
Cats are better than dogs.
Kitties >>>>>>>>>>>> Puppies
Cats >> Dogs

Kittens are waaaaaaaaaaaay easier to deal with than puppies. Both are very cute. Unless you like cleaning up poop and piss and not being able to travel and needing to go home in the middle of your work day to let the puppy out etc etc.

Et quid facies cum Gothorum multitudo domum tuam incursat?

Tuus cattus custodiat te?

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Dogs, because they're almost always amazing, whereas cats may or may not be all that friendly.

I love my cat just as much as I've loved any dog, but he's a rare outlier with a different personality than most cats I've seen. Currently taking care of someone else's two cats and they're pretty annoying sometimes by comparison. Definitely don't want two cats at once. :p