• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, CATS, for this awesome new reaction gif.

catsfallffj73.gif

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Christmas release is being sent to die now? Jesus, Era is a bubble sometimes. Cats will do Greatest Showman numbers, if not more.

Next to Star Wars IX? Uh...yeah, probably. Thats going to suck all the oxygen out of the room for weeks and CATS is going to struggle for screens.

And CATS has a 300 million budget. If it does Greatest Showman numbers (about 500m) its a bomb.

Jul 18, 2018
Don't know why people are so disgusted by this. I've never seen the Broadway play, I have no interest in furry stuff, don't really generally like musicals but I think this looks fun.
Yea, i think it looks good for the general audience and it is probably going to be very successful. I think the CGI looks fine, i guess when you watch the movie everything will blend better and it will not look uncanny. However i have no interest in this whatsoever and might just wait for home release.

Also, the furry convention in Chicago is just going to get even more weird when people start dressing up as these cats..... <_<

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
A wacky musical isn't competing with Star Wars, same with Little Women out on Christmas too. They're counter programming, made for Christmas time viewing.

Counter programming is usually for smaller films looking for a niche audience.

CATS has a budget the size of Infinity War.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I so attracted to the characters? This feels strange. Tingly feeling in my body?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't notice this in the first trailer, but holy hell are some of the character movements in this one awkward and weird.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This thing has a 300 million dollar budget.
$300,000,000.
$300,000,000.
I don't particularly believe this number. There's only a single source for it and no mention anywhere else. That's more than The Lion King remake which was literally all CG, and much more expensive CG than this movie has.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was a very bad trailer... The random shouts when they are saying the actors names was really bad.

Also...cat taylor swift shaking her... ahem cat boobs was awful.

Put the actors in costumes and be good.
Or go full CGI and make them full cats.
Not this weird in between mix. And yeah, that shaking your boobies and booties thing is super strange. Also agree they seem to be too small compared to the surroundings on certain occasions.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ultra fucked up. The twitchy movement makes it feel like a horror movie at times.

I thought they were supposed to clean up the CG to make it less... bizarre? It still looks horrifying.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It's the fake cg quality of the backgrounds and environments that ruins it for me. The cats/actors themselves look fine. I don't understand the universal revulsion.