• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Official website from Atlus just updated with Western tease after Catherine Classic's announcement today. Figured it deserves its own thread since it's separate from Catherine Classic and Vita isn't mentioned at all. PS4 only in the West.

https://catherinethegame.com/

unknown.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renfran

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
That's been announced since December 2017.

They did make the announcement before very vaguely, but this directly makes an official announcement for it alongside Catherine Classic's announcement today. It was just updated today with PS4 and no Vita, when before they didn't specify any platform.

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorta. There was that slide from a presentation at EGX 2018 that only mentioned PS4. I tried reaching out to Atlus at the time to see if that meant no Vita in the west, and had a bit of a back and forth with them, but never actually got an answer.
Yeah, I mainly mean the actual localization announcement in December 2017. For platforms, Atlus USA has been oblique about it, but since then, it's pretty much silently been "only PS4."

OP
OP
Renfran

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
First official (Internet) mention of the platforms.

Sorta. There was that slide from a presentation at EGX 2018 that only mentioned PS4. I tried reaching out to Atlus at the time to see if that meant no Vita in the west, and had a bit of a back and forth with them, but never actually got an answer.

That's what I figured so this is definitely the first official mention. Thanks Sal.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the difference between Classic and Full Body?
If full body is a remaster and Classic is just original game then why is PC getting Classic now instead of getting Full Body with rest of the versions later?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
If full body is a remaster and Classic is just original game then why is PC getting Classic now instead of getting Full Body with rest of the versions later?

Classic is the original game.

Full Body is a "Golden" version of sorts with a bunch of new content/scenes/characters/etc

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
So Classic is just the PS3 version vanilla port?

What's the point?
A more complete version is coming, why get it there?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cause this is a port by Sega Europe. The remake is by Atlus JP, hasn't released yet, and don't do PC ports themselves.

I guess Sega Europe could work with Atlus JP directly, but I doubt it.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
I can definitely see Sony cancelling the game a week or so prior to its planned release date.
Not Sony, but Atlus, since it is their game. It's no secret that Sony has been coming down hard lately on anime styled games with any note of sexuality to them. And with Catherine's heavy themes involving sexual encounters, and the oddly huge lack of any release window, I'm getting a strong feeling it's not happening, at least in the way Atlus intended. Best case scenario, some major scenes and scenarios will be cut from the Western release.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Also, whos handling the PC version?

Me and my friends have a bad history with japanese devs and PC ports.

Atlus Japan has been avoiding the PC platorm for a long while so if its by them, then this should be a test run for Atlus PC ports going forward.

It's success also should tell whether we would get Atlus on PC, shame if it's sales get canniblized by Full Body's upcoming release.