• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Remind me again how old is Beck? That jumping could just be play aggression and not actual attacks.
Beck is 7mo old and maybe being outside for however long affected her mentally. I dunno sometimes she's fine and sometimes she looks like she'll go for an attack with in seconds

When we got Zelda our other cat she was like 4mo old and like the chilliest cat and it was very clear she would do a play bite

Oct 26, 2017
Beck is 7mo old and maybe being outside for however long affected her mentally. I dunno sometimes she's fine and sometimes she looks like she'll go for an attack with in seconds

When we got Zelda our other cat she was like 4mo old and like the chilliest cat and it was very clear she would do a play bite
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does Beck play around with Zelda? Do they wrestle and chase or anything? And is she playful with toys, use scratch pads, etc?

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does Beck play around with Zelda? Do they wrestle and chase or anything? And is she playful with toys, use scratch pads, etc?
She's only meet Zelda twice after we brought her in—both times ended with hissing and growling so we've separated them for the time being. Beck has zero interest in toys and scratching posts—only wants food.
We wouldn't have issues with beck being downstairs and around the house but this mounting aggression isn't great

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Beck is 7mo old and maybe being outside for however long affected her mentally. I dunno sometimes she's fine and sometimes she looks like she'll go for an attack within seconds

It sounds like she is more feral than stray. There's a narrow window of opportunity to socialize kittens and after that it becomes more difficult. We had a cat come into the cat rescue I volunteer for and she's a lovely little tortoiseshell. However, she is very hot/cold on human contact. She'll act like she wants attention and then strike. I'm not sure if we'll be able to adopt her out as a house cat, she might have to be a barn cat. (On the other end of the spectrum a new kitten was just brought in who was clearly socialized but wandered into someone's backyard. She just wanted to hug.)

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
She's only meet Zelda twice after we brought her in—both times ended with hissing and growling so we've separated them for the time being. Beck has zero interest in toys and scratching posts—only wants food.
We wouldn't have issues with beck being downstairs and around the house but this mounting aggression isn't great
You're going to want to take things very slow with Beck. Following the video below will help. You might need to be the point person for her for now until she gets used to/tolerates human contact.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Remind me again how old is Beck? That jumping could just be play aggression and not actual attacks.

I would have thought the same if not for the hissing; cats don't hiss when they play (at ost they growl when they're "losing" a wrestling match).

I just told my SO and the first thing she said (without me telling her my own advice) is "take it to the vet". Agression is often caused by pain and should be the first thing to rule out for obvious reasons.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was an easier way to introduce them to each other, but it gets harder when they aren't kittens. We put up a gate to our kitten room, and our curious cats regularly come up to the gate. The kittens and cats sniff each other, and our kittens turn into little poof balls. We let this continue over days, and sometimes 2-3 weeks, until we eventually let the gate down. By this point, they've grown so used to each other through the gate that they are comfortable going up to one another and playing. This tactic doesn't work for every family though, especially with older cats. Kittens are small enough that when limited to a single room, they still have more than enough space to run around, have fun, and be kittens. An older cat closed off in a room, unless the room is quite large, is going to feel trapped. You also have to have another cat that is curious enough to regularly come around so the two can sniff, hiss, and stare at one another. I don't know about Zelda, but one of our two cats couldn't care less about any other creature's existence, and never goes near our kitten room gate. Thankfully, our other cat is the exact opposite.

TL;DR. You want to introduce Beck to Zelda slowly while ensuring both your cats safety. A gate is great for this, but every house is different.\

You're going to want to take things very slow with Beck. Following the video below will help. You might need to be the point person for her for now until she gets used to/tolerates human contact.
He probably knows way better than me. Also, I don't think I could love his look more if I wanted to.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
My brother (out of town for all this) thinks the meetings with Zelda has Beck all riled up and she's taking out her aggression out on my mom and I

zelda just wants wet food, to sleep in the cool basement, and belly rubs. She'a thankfully not mad at us

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Nope just kept it to the back, just simple strokes--no force or pressure

She just went to the vet the week before. Today my mom said Beck rushed and jumped at her repeatedly in an aggressive manner and freaked my mom out enough that she grabbed a piece of cardboard to shield her. My mom's really considering giving Beck up for adoption because her fear is Beck might bite us or worse our old cat Zelda (mentioned in a previous post, Beck tested HIV +)

Didn't read this post or the next page, sorry. It having been a feral for most of her childhood means she is probably going to have a harder time adapting, as people have mentioned. I'm just puzzled that it seems to be getting worse. When you took her to the vet last week, did you specifically mention the aggression, or was it a routine check-up?

I'm also reminded of a cat we fostered, an adult pregnant mom that gave birth at home. She was also weirdly bipolar, and would purr while you were petting her head, then suddenly for no discernible reason turn around and bite you hard enough to draw blood.

A FeLV positive feral cat can be too much for you to handle on your own; I can't fault your mom for trying to protect your other cat. I would try to contact a shelter or other people like me and my SO that can help you with it.

My brother (out of town for all this) thinks the meetings with Zelda has Beck all riled up and she's taking out her aggression out on my mom and I

zelda just wants wet food, to sleep in the cool basement, and belly rubs. She'a thankfully not mad at us

Is there anyone you know that doesn't have cats and take care of her for a while? Alternatively, can you physically separate them for a long time (possibly months)? I feel that you're battling two problems at once (socializing her with humans, and socializing her with people), which compound on each other causing extra stress.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there anyone you know that doesn't have cats and take care of her for a while? Alternatively, can you physically separate them for a long time (possibly months)? I feel that you're battling two problems at once (socializing her with humans, and socializing her with people), which compound on each other causing extra stress.
This is a really good point. Maybe Beck is anxious and aggressive because of Zelda. And/or because of people in general. It is going to be quite hard to pinpoint when juggling both at once. If you can take other pets out of the equation, and Beck is still aggressive, then you have a goal to work on. Or a tough decision around whether you move on from Beck or not. But there is no point in socializing two cats when Beck isn't social with people yet.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Weltall has hit the nail on the head yet again. You've got a cat who needs to be slowly introduced to people and also introduced to your cat once she's (Beck) used to people. I've seen late socialization work first hand with feral cats but it takes a ton of time and effort and isn't for everyone.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is a really good point. Maybe Beck is anxious and aggressive because of Zelda. And/or because of people in general. It is going to be quite hard to pinpoint when juggling both at once. If you can take other pets out of the equation, and Beck is still aggressive, then you have a goal to work on. Or a tough decision around whether you move on from Beck or not. But there is no point in socializing two cats when Beck isn't social with people yet.

Exactly this, every word; separating them would allow to pinpoint the exact cause of stress. That's also why I mentioned having them somewhere with no other cats rather than just different rooms, because she will still be able to smell her even if physically separated. Although I do understand that this is rarely an option, even temporally.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
We've had to separate Chloe and Taika again (as of a few days ago), thought they were getting better but Chloe is still quite territorial and Taika doesn't seem to know what her meows/growls are meant to mean lol

Another thing we've noticed which is kinda sad but also super cute, is that Taika *always* kneads when he's happy. Even when we're holding him and his paws are dangling, he'll knead the air and it melts my heart <3 My wife suggested it was probably because he was taken from his mother too early though, which is sad :(

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
We've had to separate Chloe and Taika again (as of a few days ago), thought they were getting better but Chloe is still quite territorial and Taika doesn't seem to know what her meows/growls are meant to mean lol

Oh, she knows perfectly well what they mean; she just chooses to not acknowledge them. I've seen it so many times, it's the cat's version of "passive resistance", i.e. "I acknowledge that you're the owner of this turf but I have nowhere else to go so I'm going to stay here until you give up". :)

Another thing we've noticed which is kinda sad but also super cute, is that Taika *always* kneads when he's happy. Even when we're holding him and his paws are dangling, he'll knead the air and it melts my heart <3 My wife suggested it was probably because he was taken from his mother too early though, which is sad :(

Don't worry about that, there's no correlation: many (most?) adult cats knead when happy / relaxed / trying to relax, regardless of how much time they spent with their moms. It's suckling (fingers, earlobes, neck, other cat's nipples) that is often caused by premature separation from the mom.

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't read this post or the next page, sorry. It having been a feral for most of her childhood means she is probably going to have a harder time adapting, as people have mentioned. I'm just puzzled that it seems to be getting worse. When you took her to the vet last week, did you specifically mention the aggression, or was it a routine check-up?

It was a standard checkup and shots so she wasn't aggressive then

This started happening after Friday when Zelda and Beck met the 2nd time and Zelda felt her position as family pet was threatened so I'm starting to think that was the issue because she was pretty mellow but a tad high strung the week prior to the second meeting

Unfortunately everyone who could foster this cat I know already has 1 to many cats

Edit: Let Beck down for a hour and she was super chill but my mom kept telling to stop petting her in case she bites me. My mom who is scared of Beck now, literally donned a huge winter coat, heavy duty gloves, and a broom to protect herself. Also my mom accidentally dropped a box of palmiers (french butter cookies) and Beck tried to gobble them up (had to pick up everything that didnt shatter into crumbs while Beck hissed at me). She seems more mellow so that's good so guessing the stress of Zelda being territorial pent up all this aggression she let out on us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It was a standard checkup and shots so she wasn't aggressive then

This started happening after Friday when Zelda and Beck met the 2nd time and Zelda felt her position as family pet was threatened so I'm starting to think that was the issue because she was pretty mellow but a tad high strung the week prior to the second meeting

Unfortunately everyone who could foster this cat I know already has 1 to many cats

Edit: Let Beck down for a hour and she was super chill but my mom kept telling to stop petting her in case she bites me. My mom who is scared of Beck now, literally donned a huge winter coat, heavy duty gloves, and a broom to protect herself. Also my mom accidentally dropped a box of palmiers (french butter cookies) and Beck tried to gobble them up (had to pick up everything that didnt shatter into crumbs while Beck hissed at me). She seems more mellow so that's good so guessing the stress of Zelda being territorial pent up all this aggression she let out on us.

I'm thinking your mom fearing her is also an issue. Not that I blame her at all, but cats sense fear and it can make them either aggressive (due to perceived enmity, and because they see an opportunity to dominate and climb the social ladder) or fearful. It's unfortunately a self-reinforcing loop, and breaking it is crucial and one of the first things that you see in shows like Jackson Galaxy's. But without physical presence there it's going to be hard to help you with it. Getting physical like using a broom on her is also very counterproductive, so avoid it unless your physical safety is at risk.

Frankly the picture looks bleak unless you can relocate her somewhere else for a while. Again, try contacting people in your area that, like us, are dedicated to these things. Once you get ahold of one, they usually know each other so it's much easier to find someone who can help. In the meantime, try things like valerian root and Feliway to calm her down, and try to have your mom interact with and even look at her as little as possible (cats perceive staring as stalking and aggressive).

Another thing that you can do is try to estabilishing dominance. That she hisses when you were gathering the crumbs tells me she's still in that street dominance mindset, and you need to estabilish someone else as the alpha to force her to mellow down. Zelda is probably not going to be that someone, and definitely not your mom, so if you yourself don't fear her, it's probably going to need to be you. When she hisses, keep calm and either tell her "NO!", or even hiss back at her. If you do this, please note what her reaction is, report back, and we'll move on from there.

I think I would try to lock her in a room for the time being, ideally with you there. That way she can get used to humans without the interference of Zelda, and your mom can relax around the house. Keep her in your bedroom with food, water and a litter box, then at night she can get used to you while you sleep and aren't a threat. Is this feasible?

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing that you can do is try to estabilishing dominance. That she hisses when you were gathering the crumbs tells me she's still in that street dominance mindset, and you need to estabilish someone else as the alpha to force her to mellow down. Zelda is probably not going to be that someone, and definitely not your mom, so if you yourself don't fear her, it's probably going to need to be you. When she hisses, keep calm and either tell her "NO!", or even hiss back at her. If you do this, please note what her reaction is, report back, and we'll move on from there.

I think I would try to lock her in a room for the time being, ideally with you there. That way she can get used to humans without the interference of Zelda, and your mom can relax around the house. Keep her in your bedroom with food, water and a litter box, then at night she can get used to you while you sleep and aren't a threat. Is this feasible?
I hiss and sternly tell her no when she gets on the counter or scratches something she shouldnt-- she hiss at me at little and that's about it.

I'll try spending time in the guest room on the weekend and see how it goes. I don't know about sleeping in there though. Mainly because I'm a light sleeper and slightest noise wakes me up. Right now she's in the guest room which is three times the size of my room (my room is actually the downstairs office near the kitchen--it's like New York small) so she has more space to roam around where she is now

She did bite me hard enough to draw blood this morning when I fed her--not great
5qAu4MV.jpg
For a second I saw an ouroboros of cat

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
my cats recently got spayed. well when i say recently i mean about 2 months ago. they have very different coats. tibby has a short/thin coat and her little bald side stomach patch has fully grown back. kirjava who has super fluffy/long fur still has a long way to go. they done so well after their surgery. they were given little cones to wear but they weren't having it! they licked their wound but whenever we saw them we stopped them. after a couple days they forgot all about it and it healed perfectly!

i've notice they are putting on a lot of weight now and the vet did say it would happen. Tibby has become a little grubber. She just wants fed constantly. I really need to watch what I'm giving her because she is becoming too fat I think. It's hard to tell with Kirjava because she's a big fluff ball so will probably do the same with her.

they are almost 8 months now. i can't believe how big they are getting and how fast time is going. they are just as active, hyper, and playful as ever. they make me laugh so much. i love them.

here is the most recent photo i have of the both of them (kirjava is the one on her back and tibby has kirjava's foot in her face lol):

5qAu4MV.jpg

Great pic, hahah. Love the black and white contrast, especially the whiskers.

I hiss and sternly tell her no when she gets on the counter or scratches something she shouldnt-- she hiss at me at little and that's about it.

I'll try spending time in the guest room on the weekend and see how it goes. I don't know about sleeping in there though. Mainly because I'm a light sleeper and slightest noise wakes me up. Right now she's in the guest room which is three times the size of my room (my room is actually the downstairs office near the kitchen--it's like New York small) so she has more space to roam around where she is now

She did bite me hard enough to draw blood this morning when I fed her--not great

For a second I saw an ouroboros of cat

How are you feeding her that she's had occassion to bite you twice? Are you feeding her by hand? It might be a bit soon for that.

Try to spend time there without paying her any mind. Bring your phone, a laptop or a book to spend time there, sit on the floor, etc. The goal is to make her used to your presence without it being overbearing (this is why sleeping is ideal, I guess you can't use earplugs?).

Oct 26, 2017
Great pic, hahah. Love the black and white contrast, especially the whiskers.

How are you feeding her that she's had occassion to bite you twice? Are you feeding her by hand? It might be a bit soon for that.

Try to spend time there without paying her any mind. Bring your phone, a laptop or a book to spend time there, sit on the floor, etc. The goal is to make her used to your presence without it being overbearing (this is why sleeping is ideal, I guess you can't use earplugs?).
I drop food in her bowl a little by little so she doesn't scarf it down

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I drop food in her bowl a little by little so she doesn't scarf it down

Hmmm... for now you may want to leave dry food always on. It might lead to gobbling and even throwing up at first, but it will remove one source of anxiety. If she continues eating too much a couple months from now you can start thinking of alternatives, but for now obesity is probably the least of your concerns. Just make sure it's good food with no cereals etc. and to have plenty of water far away from it (if you're confining her to the guests room, put them in opposite corners).

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Taika booked in for his first vet introduction/checkup tomorrow. Looking forward to bringing in a cat that can actually be handled/carried/put in a carrier without having to be sedated.

I just wish his sister was more accepting/tolerant of his presence, it would make life so much easier. She's still hissing at him from behind doors :(

How any any living thing hate this?

PbdOgULl.jpg

Those eyes:
pT0vd5Il.jpg

Taking a selfie:
lCPselzl.jpg

Those wispy ears!
gD0f7Ull.jpg

Hmmm... for now you may want to leave dry food always on. It might lead to gobbling and even throwing up at first, but it will remove one source of anxiety. If she continues eating too much a couple months from now you can start thinking of alternatives, but for now obesity is probably the least of your concerns. Just make sure it's good food with no cereals etc. and to have plenty of water far away from it (if you're confining her to the guests room, put them in opposite corners).
I was wondering this too for Taika. Both Chloe and Spooky have always been grazers but Taika always just wolfs down most (not all) of his food when I top up his bowl. It's part of the reason we're taking him to the vet, so he can be weighed and we can check if he stacks it on or not. Now we know not to stress about it for the next month or so at least.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
ive decided to hold the kitty. i guess because its the hours they are active and plus no one is around once i leave work so they are alone. seems to calm him down more than usual. that or its just because its cold but they are just snuggled up in their little bed with some heat to keep them warm.

bonus pic. sucks i didn't have my phone to make a video. playing whack a mole with the one inside the pallet using his front paw.

UtLJzIJ.jpg

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I was lying on my stomach on my bed while Taika was on my wife's lap. She left, so he found the next warmest spot...

CZSPmxJ.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
After filling up her food bowl all at once now, Beck no longer roombas all her food up and eats slower now (not as slow as Zelda but definitely slower)

Let beck out yesterday for 2hours while I watched some anime and magic for human, mostly just let her roam and only scolded her if she got into or on to things she shouldn't—no longer hiss at me but lets out a little peep

I told my mom to assert her dominance by not being a pushover and giving beck food all the time and tell beck no sternly if she does something she doesn't like. Mixed success. Beck mostly stares my mom down. But hey no heavy duty gloves or winter coat protection!

things are coming up Milhouse—until I try to introduce her to Zelda again...

would a babygate really work if both cats are kinda big and really big or would they just jump over it to get into fisticuffs

Also whatever this is:

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought some wet food to fatten up the other kitten as he's not really into the dry food even when I try to soften it up. He eats it but not as much as the other one. Chubby was like why my brother up there getting all jealous and sad. He even stood up lol it was cute

bonus pic fromYesterday

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My cat is driving me batty. He used to love his wet food, dry food combo now he won't touch his wet food. Like he decided to be picky outta nowhere. Tried different brands to boot. He's basically just on dry and he doesn't really like it. He's not sick or anything like that.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Does anyone have any good hairball treatment recommendations? One of my cats gets them really badly, to the point where he keeps puking up food and hacking a lot. We tried switching his food to something more hairball-friendly, but no results so far.

I just want to take care of my baby ;_;

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Does anyone have any good hairball treatment recommendations? One of my cats gets them really badly, to the point where he keeps puking up food and hacking a lot. We tried switching his food to something more hairball-friendly, but no results so far.

I just want to take care of my baby ;_;

My SO tells me the best for this is malt. You can buy it in tubes and give them, say, a chickpea-sized bit once a week. Some cats like it a lot and will lick it out of your finger; others don't, so give it a try first. Some dry food, especially hairball specific ones, already have malt; there's also snacks with malt on them.

There's also specialized brushes that are great for removing dead hair. We have the Furminator and it's awesome, they queue up for us to brush them, hahah. It takes out so much hair, and even has a button to separate the hair from the brush. Highly recommended.
They have them in a lot of places, including Amazon.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So one of my cats has ring worms. Which means that of course all my cats have ringworms.

Anyone suggest a good eye dropper dewormer? My cats alway eat around even crushed up pills.

Speaking of I guess it's time to share some pictures of the little buggers.

This is Lt. Jean Luc Picard. He was demoted for bad behavior.

This is Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisco. He mostly stays around Deep Space Nine (our bedroom)
20190713_193315_zpsdqq2kfwj.jpg

And this is Lt. Spock. He mostly wanders around exploring every where

20190822_231644_zpsjoiaeoue.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
its a bit warm today so they didn't nap in their bed. tomorrow though. its gonna be cold

KOCuWuN.jpg

This pic is adorable, thanks for sharing. <3

So one of my cats has ring worms. Which means that of course all my cats have ringworms.

Anyone suggest a good eye dropper dewormer? My cats alway eat around even crushed up pills.

Ok, I'm a bit confused (partly because of the language barrier). Is it tinea they have? Is the infection in the eyes themselves?

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
CatEra help my cat cut herself. I heard some banging and she came running out of her litter box and there was some blood trailing on the floor. It seems like it stopped and I couldn't find anything on her but I am very worried if she is ok.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I meant a liquid dewormer instead of a tablet dewormer.

My boys eat around crushed pills so I need something different.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
CatEra help my cat cut herself. I heard some banging and she came running out of her litter box and there was some blood trailing on the floor. It seems like it stopped and I couldn't find anything on her but I am very worried if she is ok.
If you can't find the cut are you sure it's not something else? Or is the story missing something?

Honestly if you got her immediately after the banging and can't find a wound but you have blood I'd worry if it came from elsewhere like the anus. If the box is just next to something perhaps a claw was stuck, I've seen a kitten lose a claw before, it'd be less obvious to find when checking your cat since we don't look between their toes usually.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Blood has to come from somewhere. You should check her again, and also check if the stools have blood on them.

My boys eat around crushed pills so I need something different.

Ah, the "eye drops" was confusing me. Still, you mean drops taken orally or topically? My SO is out on an errand right now so I'll ask her later, but just from googling the treatment seems to be both oral and topical.

Also, tinea is extremelly contagious and resilient, and one of the few things cats can pass on to humans, so take a lot of care around your cat, and don't be surprised if you get it too. A cat we rescued once had tinea and even though he was isolated and my SO used gloves and separate clothes when she was in that room, we all ended getting it, both humans and cats.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Ringworm is not internal and nothing to do with worms or any internal parasite. It's fungal on the skin. I've never heard of any oral medication for tinea but maybe there is now. Treatment has always been antifungal topical creams and shampoos as far as I know.

And yeah, it's really hard to get rid of and very contagious. The animal usually needs to be quarantined and everything, bedding, brushes, furniture, carpets, everything in the house needs to get thoroughly cleaned. The fungus spreads dormant spores everywhere and just when you think it's under control, the spores hatch and it starts all over again in 2 weeks. Regular daily treatment for 2-4 weeks is needed to kill that pesky fungus.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hangry boy.

bTbz8oP.jpg

I've never bonded with an animal as much as I have with Jonesy. He sleeps curled up against me every night, meows until I pick him up every time I get home, and smurgles my SO's feet every time we're on the couch. He's the best cat I've ever had.

I've decided to volunteer at the shelter I adopted him from. I can't foster due to my apartment complex's pet rules, but I'm going to be doing adoption counseling. They've brought me so much joy and I want to pay it back.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
We are slowly introducing a new cat called into our home( we got her on Sunday). We have an 10 year old cat already. We're keeping them separated for now , we don't want to rush the introduction. They have been exposed to each other's scent , and there has been some hissing by the old cat and the new one( they haven't seen each other, just from under the door).

Anyone have some tips on how to accommodate them better ?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
We are slowly introducing a new cat called into our home( we got her on Sunday). We have an 10 year old cat already. We're keeping them separated for now , we don't want to rush the introduction. They have been exposed to each other's scent , and there has been some hissing by the old cat and the new one( they haven't seen each other, just from under the door).

Anyone have some tips on how to accommodate them better ?

I wish. We have a 16 year old who lost her sister a few months ago, and a cheeky 3ish year old. Still having trouble integrating them. If the older one cannot see him, she's fine (even if they're right next to each other). But once in her FOV, the growls and hissing starts.

Speaking of, he seems to be getting along pretty well with Jasper. At least, isn't the least bit intimidated by him (and vice-versa):

10suEvVl.jpg

And I took this photo the other night, just leaning on the bed and looking at my phone when someone decides to make themselves comfortable:

W2F52kzl.jpg

Bonus, old iPads come in handy sometimes:

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
My, I dunno, maybe 10-week old kitten peed on the carpet today. Well to be fair, he peed on a pile of bills which were resting on the floor, so cleanup went pretty easily, but I'm still not happy about it. Cleaned the room up, won't let him in there now, but he kept the rest of the house fine all day. Not sure if that was just a one-off thing or something i should worry about going forward.

He only has the one litter box which I do every morning. Might get him a second. I was always planning on it, but I figured it could wait until he got a bit bigger.

I guess his siblings, which were also adopted out to people I work with, have had a few troubles in this area too. Wonder if they all got UTIs or something. I do plan on taking him to the vet soon for shots and whatnot, but maybe I should move that up. Otherwise he seems fine. Played with him for a good hour when i got home after checking the house for urine. He's mostly stuck with hardwood, and it was all good. Basement also fine.

It's all new flooring so I really want to tackle this properly and quickly before anything worse happens.