• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
It's so sad to see spaniards so brainwashed that even can't talk about that.

Ok this is just straight terrorism apology. It's fucking disgusting.
Dude don't try to manipulate my words I repudiate terrorism and violence, all violence.
That's why I think the CDRs arrested the previous week are ok in prision. That doesn't mean that with batasuna Spain illegalized and not France.
And I'm sure the France people also hate terrorism.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
it happened and it's not the only time it's happened. Do I really care? No. I'll take my American converted Euros elsewhere. Otherwise the Spaniards have been quite welcoming in taking my money.
Catalan nationalists will go to great lenghts in delusion and gaslighting to deny the fact they are a hopelessly backward and ethnicist movement.
You clearly need to read other newspapers, I would recomend you to read foreign press.

And for god sake their plans where to make a referendum! That's democracy!
A referendum may or may not be democracy. If the government violates the rights of the opposition, the Constitution and the laws of the regional Parliament to pass a "transition law" that essentially overturns the Constitution and the Estatut, creates a paralell legal framework and then organizes a referendum for their friends with no democratic garantees... That's a sham referendum.

It's also a clear show that the Catalan separatist movement is one of the modern experiments in illiberal, majoritarian democracy. Catalan separatists view the whole world as a conflict between Catalans and between them and the rest of Spain where the winner takes all and the loser has to lose everything.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's so sad to see spaniards so brainwashed that even can't talk about that.

Dude don't try to manipulate my words I repudiate terrorism and violence, all violence.
That's why I think the CDRs arrested the previous week are ok. That doesn't mean that with batasuna Spain illegalized and not France.
And I'm sure the France people also hate terrorism.
Sure buddy.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Because ETA mostly commited terrorism crimes in Spain (heck they did like 3 small crimes in France?) and tried to put a clean face in France as a sort of refuge? You could explain why Bildu was allowed even when ETA wasnt technically death yet (spoiler: it was about refusing terrorism).
That doesn't make sense, a terrorist organization may trow bombs in one country and it still be a terrorist organization in another.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think the ETA conversation is on topic btw, so we should probably stop it as it is a different thing. To end it:

That doesn't make sense, a terrorist organization may trow bombs in one country and it still be a terrorist organization in another.
Yet it took until the late 80s for France to even allow detention of known ETA members in France, and longer for Spain and France to do cooperation operations to finally end the "french refuge" (as most of the most higher ups hided there).

ETA is the terrorist group and it was a disgusting group. Batasuna was a political party.
Batasuna was the political arm of ETA for quite a while. Heck, the Aralar scion from Batasuna which said no to the ETA violence was legal while Batasuna wasnt.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
That was about the favor Aznar asked for when he meet with Bush for the Irak war?

But still I want to say that I don't support terrorism of course for god sake, I just said that France didn't illegalized the party and that make me think.

Isn't terrorism apology a bannable offence?

I never did that, I know you want me to be banned.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was about the favor Aznar asked for when he meet with Bush for the Irak war?

But still I want to say that I don't support terrorism of course for god sake, I just said that France didn't illegalized the party and that make me think.

I never do that, I know you want me to be banned.
You are defending the political arm of a terrorist organisation that killed thousands of people. I'm not sure if you know the meaning of terrorism apology.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
You are defending the political arm of a terrorist organisation than killed thousands of people. I'm not sure if you know the meningitis of terrorism apology.
I'm not defending the party neither the organization, I said that the fucking terrorism could be solved allowing batasuna to be legal much more earlier.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not defending the party neither the organization, I said that the fucking terrorism could be solved allowing batasuna to be legal much more earlier.
Sure let's legalise the same people who massacred thousands of innocents in order to eradicate terrorism. You sure look brilliant.
And you continue to defend a terrorist organisation.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Sure let's legalise the same people who massacred thousands of innocents in order to eradicate terrorism. You sure look brilliant.
And you continue to defend a terrorist organisation.
I repeat, I never defend the party neither the organization. Following your logic, France, the state, having Batasuna as a legal party, was whitewashing terrorism?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that Oriol Junqueras is a racist asshole. Tacitly, there has always been a subtle, racist component ingrained at the very core of catalan independentist ideology, but he legitimized the sentiment:

"Catalonians are genetically closer to the french than to spaniards, closer to italians than to the portuguese, and there is even some proximity to the swiss"

He gets no sympathy from me.

Batasuna was legal when they were funding the murders of innocents. Just stop.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
ETA continued commiting crimes while Batasuna was legal (and one of them was what sparked the illegalization of Batasuna). The situation could have been solved way earlier if ETA had decided to fully go the democratic way as they had the chance several times before Batasuna was declared illegal. ETA was not well known for taking that chance as even years later they decided to continue the violent way despite having a treaty with the PSOE government to start the legalization process for them, and only really quit because their structure was pretty much broken and had no legitimate reasons (nor money).

In the end, the only way for ETA to end was by the saner parts of the organizations (those that wanted a peaceful democratic way) to stop caring about ETA and giving them money (as Batasuna had done).

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I repeat, I never defend the party neither the organization. Following your logic, France, the state, having Batasuna as a legal party, was whitewashing terrorism?

France where a bunch of cowards in that front and then they changed their mind. What is exactly your point here?
That terrorist are only terrorist if France says so?
Go tell that to the victims.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we have Vox which is the direct party of the fascist regime we had 50 years ago, why we shouldn't allow Bildu? Part of the democracy is that.

People like Bush are basically war criminals, and their parties are still there.

We had a government that was behind state terrorism that killed several innocents too.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we have Vox which is the direct party of the fascist regime we had 50 years ago, why we shouldn't allow Bildu? Part of the democracy is that.

People like Bush are basically war criminals, and their parties are still there.

The GOP is actively trying to subvert democracy. Winning argument you have here. Things would be much more democratic around here if the GOP was squashed. They would be squashed honestly if they had not managed to steal the 2000 and 2016 elections, and the said war crimes of Bush wouldn't have even happened.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Friendly reminder that Oriol Junqueras is a racist asshole. Tacitly, there has always been a subtle, racist component ingrained at the very core of catalan independentist ideology, but he legitimized the sentiment:

He gets no sympathy from me.

Batasuna was legal when they were funding the murders of innocents. Just stop.
ETA continued commiting crimes while Batasuna was legal (and one of them was what sparked the illegalization of Batasuna). The situation could have been solved way earlier if ETA had decided to fully go the democratic way as they had the chance several times before Batasuna was declared illegal. ETA was not well known for taking that chance as even years later they decided to continue the violent way despite having a treaty with the PSOE government to start the legalization process for them, and only really quit because their structure was pretty much broken and had no legitimate reasons (nor money).

In the end, the only way for ETA to end was by the saner parts of the organizations (those that wanted a peaceful democratic way) to stop caring about ETA and giving them money (as Batasuna had done).

About Oriol, for sure their words where not the best, he commented a newyork times study. Saying that for that the whole independence movement is racist, is at least, insulting racism.
About batasuna, look, I really hope that the way the spanish state handled the situation banning the party was the best way to fight terrorism, but it's hard to believe.

France where a bunch of cowards in that front and then they changed their mind. What is exactly your point here?
That terrorist are only terrorist if France says so?
Go tell that to the victims.
Very good, now you are insulting a whole country, please continue.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you read the 459 pages of said sentence? In Spain no one goes to prison for their ideas, don't mistake "political prisoners" with "politicians in prison".

Now go make some hashtags demanding freedom for these dumbasses who were actually warned several times not to go through with their demented plans but didn't listen to anybody.
Huh? You talking about the country where musicians are imprisoned for their song lyrics, right? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...josep-miquel-arenas-beltran-a8226421.html?amp

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

We had a government that was behind state terrorism that killed several innocents too.
Bildu is not illegal last time I checked, because they aren't the political arm of a terrorist organization, even if they share many ideas and they are quite apologetic.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
About Oriol, for sure their words where not the best, he commented a newyork times study. Saying that for that the whole independence movement is racist, is at least, insulting racism.
About batasuna, look, I really hope that the way the spanish state handled the situation banning the party was the best way to fight terrorism, but it's hard to believe.

What? 🤣 this guy is a fucking tool.

:lol

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain not looking much better than England. Someone tell them their imperialistic "glory" faded a century ago. Two centuries in the case of Spain.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

What Oriol Junqueras said that time is downright nazi shit. The study didn't say anything like that, he just made it up because it's what he really believes, that Catalans are part of the master, northern race, unlike Spaniards and Portuguese.

The party was an intrinsic part of the terrorist organization dude. I don't know why you keep denying a historical fact.

Spain not looking much better than England. Someone tell them their imperialistic "glory" faded a century ago. Two centuries in the case of Spain.
Somebody should tell "us" that the laws should no longer apply? What does this have to do with the empire? I'm really curious.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
What Oriol Junqueras said that time is downright nazi shit. The study didn't say anything like that, he just made it up because it's what he really believes, that Catalans are part of the master, northern race, unlike Spaniards and Portuguese.

The party was an intrinsic part of the terrorist organization dude. I don't know why you keep denying a historical fact.
Oriol said we are much more like Italians than spaniards that are more likely the celts like Irish people, he never said to be a part of a glorious race.
Even that I don't like him saying that, genetics simply don't care.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Banning commerces for not having their sings in Catalan. That's a very tolerant and no Nazi thing to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oriol said we are much more like Italians than spaniards that are more likely the celts like Irish people, he never said to be a part of a glorious race.
Even that I don't like him saying that, genetics simply don't care.
Yeah, just like Pompeu Gener when he said Catalans were arians and the rest of Spaniards semitic or "even Mongolic", it was all a very innocent comment on population genetics 😂

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Now I don't know what are you talking about but by the way, I hope you and the people who said "Lazi" shit don't vote for VOX, that would be a much more Nazi thing to do.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't aprove democracy, having a prejudice on a group of people and vote for VOX?
If so, yes you are a nazi.

I'm neither of those things pal. But watch out with your insults. I won't tolerate anyone calling me a Nazi by not agreeing with his separatist bullshit.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Then of course I have to abide you to call me a nazi just because I want independence and I don't like that some politicians are in prision just because they made a referendum.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
hahah please stop, people just need to read the posts.

By the way if anyone asking, Lazi= Lazo (Tie) + Nazi

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Surely the more apt example to take from Cameron was that with support for Scottish independence polling at 30% he actually took the brave step of calling for a referendum to try to settle the issue caused primarily by the pro-independence party gaining control of the regional legislature. Had Brexit not reared it's head against the express promise of the UK government during the Scottish referendum then Scottish Independence would be essentially finished for at least 20 years. As it is, we're likely to end up with another independence referendum and Yes (to independence) is currently polling at 50%.

Governments are always better getting ahead of a separatist movement at the stage where it's popular enough to command decent support but before it becomes a viable proposition. If you leave it to fester, or worse create martyrs out of their leaders you're just fuelling the movement.

Support for leaving the EU was polling at around 30% among the UK population when it was first announced, and then snowballed from there in to a full on culture war, with one side able to make infinite promises of everything being different, while the other side had to actually account for the downsides of existing in reality.

When you propose a referendum you really risk opening Pandora's box - and given the justifications for Catalan independence that I have heard from Catalan acquaintances, I imagine any referendum would go along similar lines (replacing Brussels with Madrid, and Eastern Europe with regions of Spain such as Andalusia)

It's not as simple or straightforward as your suggestion makes it out to be