• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Im not a fan of the movement nor am I a fan of how a lot of particulars were handled by the Spanish government. This whole situation is gross. Within those parameters, this seems like an appropriate sentence at face value

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Im not a fan of the movement nor am I a fan of how a lot of particulars were handled by the Spanish government. This whole situation is gross. Within those parameters, this seems like an appropriate sentence at face value
This is exactly my thoughts. Issues from both parts of the spectrum, but this sentence seems fair within the confines of the law.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Deserved. Fuck those assholes. They are creating a huge problem out of an impossible fantasy.
That said is so sad to see Cataluña in that state.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That place that happens to be have a facist state that doesnt even follow they own laws.
Oh fuck off with that bullshit. Seriously, I agree with what many of what the catalonians say, but whenever they try to go on a "Spain is a fascist state" or try to guilt trip me on how their culture suffered so much during the dictatorship they just start to lose me.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Deserved. Fuck those assholes. They are creating a huge problem out of an impossible fantasy.
That said is so sad to see Cataluña in that state.
assholes for?
for trying to do a democratic referendum?
Why are the Jordis in prision? For god sake.

A lot of spaniards are brainwhased to be against anything that is catalan.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck off with that bullshit. Seriously, I agree with what many of what the catalonians say, but whenever they try to go on a "Spain is a fascist state" or try to guilt trip me on how their culture suffered so much during the dictatorship they just start to lose me.
This is what brainwashing do to you. It's sad.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
assholes for?
for trying to do a democratic referendum?
Why are the Jordis in prision? For god sake.

A lot of spaniards are brainwhased to be against anything that is catalan.
Your are the one who is brainwashed here and calling a democratic state "fascists" because it doesn't fit your stupid agenda it's pretty showing. I love Cataluña but I can't stand separatists and nationalists.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Do you know who are the judges actually with this trail? Do you know that are the parties, parties that never comdemned the facist goverment, who put their mens there?

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Your are the one who is brainwashed here and calling a democratic state "fascists" because it doesn't fit your stupid agenda it's pretty showing. I love Cataluña but I can't stand separatists and nationalists.
Bullshit, do you even can't see that we had political parties prohibited in democracy?
People who can't sing a song because the state doesn't like it?

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A parallel reality ladies and gents. The worst part of it is that this poor brainwashed followers are the real victims here, following a bunch of manipulative self proclaimed patriotic saviours on a journey of self destruction.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Being from Spain myself I can clearly see you don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about.
Clearly you don't want to know what kind of barbarity is this trail.
One question, what do you thing about other countries not arresting Puigdemont? Or all the other countries are too wrong?

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
A parallel reality ladies and gents. The worst part of it is that this poor brainwashed followers are the real victims here, following a bunch of manipulative self proclaimed patriotic saviours on a journey of self destruction.
One good thing about being catalan is that you can read the newspapers and TV from one side and fir the other.
And believe me that if you want it's impossible ti be brainwashed in Catalonia.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bullshit, do you even can't see that we had political parties prohibited in democracy?
Dude, last week a doctor was harassed in a medical Center for speaking Spanish to a patient. The same people who are claiming Spain is a fascist state. People like you. Open your fucking eyes.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but I doubt this happened. This is Barcelona we're talking about, a cosmopolitan capital city that receives millions of tourists every year, not some town lost in the mountains. You're not the first not the last English speaking person this bartender or whatever has given service to.

And the Catalan independence movement has nothing to do with tourism or English speaking people.

So either it didn't happen as you describe it, or if it did it was due to completely unrelated reasons.

it happened and it's not the only time it's happened. Do I really care? No. I'll take my American converted Euros elsewhere. Otherwise the Spaniards have been quite welcoming in taking my money.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One good thing about being catalan is that you can read the newspapers and TV from one side and fir the other.
Well, seems like it's already too late for you. Enjoy your future.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know who are the judges actually with this trail? Do you know that are the parties, parties that never comdemned the facist goverment, who put their mens there?
Yes I do, and only one party didnt condemn the fascist government. Even if I dont like the jurisdicial (and I think it needs a clensing of some of the most outrageous elements), those are not present in the Supreme Court (at the level you just decide for).

You mean the political parties that supported ETA? The ones that after they abandoned the militant way are part of the normal life in Euskadi?
The song part is bs but not that weird coming from some of our shit courts that take thing to the maximum (for those who dont know: the song in question just said stuff such as violence against the police and government and the court equated that to threatening them), similar to the case said before with "violence" to the national guard in a bar in Euskadi (that was talked before in this topic).

You just called a state that has allowed your autonomy complete control back (in the same situation as before the referendum) to basically the same government who called for complete secesion a fascist country.
Not everything you dont like or is shitty in Spain is fascism.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
As a Catalan pro independence it makes me really angry and frustrated. Many forget that this has been a long journey, from the failed Estatut, 2006, from asking a legal referendum for years , to the 'not legal' referendum (how dangerous is to ask people their future it seems, democracy, lol), and now we face the reality of Spain: they said when ETA existed, in peace we can talk about everything. How untrue.
I just hope that pro independence people don't fall into the trap and continue to pursue the dream of being able to vote and decide or future in peace. It is difficult though, but this won't cease to exist because they put peaceful activists and politics away from their families for a decade.
I could see them condemned because they may have spend public money, or because they disobeyed some laws, that could even could be reasonable, but sedition is nonsense.
And EU looking to the other side, just like they do with Turkey or the immigrants from countries with wars or conflicts.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Clearly you don't want to know what kind of barbarity is this trail.
One question, what do you thing about other countries not arresting Puigdemont? Or all the other countries are too wrong?

Barbarity? WTF are you talking about? These guys BROKE THE LAW, plain and simple. And now the judges are handing out sentences according to said law. Are they too severe? Maybe, but that's what is stated in the spanish penal code.

By the way the Puigdemont issue was nothing more than a technicality and today they reactivated the Europe-wide arrest warrant.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Dude, last week a doctor was harassed in a medical Center for speaking Spanish to a patient. The same people who are claiming Spain is a fascist state. People like you. Open your fucking eyes.
Last week a doctor harrassed and deined to cure a patient because the patient wanted to speak catalan.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Barbarity? WTF are you talking about? These guys BROKE THE LAW, plain and simple. And now the judges are handing out sentences according to said law. Are they too severe? Maybe, but that's what is stated in the spanish penal code.

By the way the Puigdemont issue was nothing more than a technicality and today they reactivated the Europe-wide arrest warrant.
The Jordis broke the law of ... what?
Forcadell and the Jordis prove the spanish state wanted to punish people for what they think.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): hostility and antagonizing another member over a series of posts in the thread + history of similar infractions
Last week a doctor harrassed and deined to cure a patient because the patient wanted to speak catalan.
🤣

I'm not even gonna ask for the link. Like I said enjoy your future and...

D6lbVchW4AAJ0MM.jpg

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
The Jordis broke the law of ... what?
Forcadell and the Jordis prove the spanish state wanted to punish people for what they think.

Have you read the 459 pages of said sentence? In Spain no one goes to prison for their ideas, don't mistake "political prisoners" with "politicians in prison".

Now go make some hashtags demanding freedom for these dumbasses who were actually warned several times not to go through with their demented plans but didn't listen to anybody.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Yes I do, and only one party didnt condemn the fascist government. Even if I dont like the jurisdicial (and I think it needs a clensing of some of the most outrageous elements), those are not present in the Supreme Court (at the level you just decide for).

You mean the political parties that supported ETA? The ones that after they abandoned the militant way are part of the normal life in Euskadi?
The song part is bs but not that weird coming from some of our shit courts that take thing to the maximum (for those who dont know: the song in question just said stuff such as violence against the police and government and the court equated that to threatening them), similar to the case said before with "violence" to the national guard in a bar in Euskadi (that was talked before in this topic).

You just called a state that has allowed your autonomy complete control back (in the same situation as before the referendum) to basically the same government who called for complete secesion a fascist country.
Not everything you dont like or is shitty in Spain is fascism.
Liar, not only one party didnt comdemned facism. Actually there are three and they have a lot of votes.Maybe Ciudadanos tried to do that but with their words trying not to offend.

Parties that could provide an earlier way to solve the terrorism in spain, and could save a lot of lives.
I love you defending the state for trying to arrest a singer, you clearly dont understand what freedom means.

Well the transicion was good but not as good as it should had been. I mean, it was Franco who put the king and USA who forced the regime to accept democracy.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Have you read the 459 pages of said sentence? In Spain no one goes to prison for their ideas, don't mistake "political prisoners" with "politicians in prison".

Now go make some hashtags demanding freedom for these dumbasses who were actually warned several times not to go through with their demented plans but didn't listen to anybody.
You clearly need to read other newspapers, I would recomend you to read foreign press.

And for god sake their plans where to make a referendum! That's democracy!

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love that you see yourself as the truebringer.
No arguments, just I'm the fucking master.

Actions speak louder than words. I know so much about this subject to even bother to argue with the separatist rhetoric at this point. If you don't open your eyes by your self no one can help you. And believe me nothing will make me happier.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Liar, not only one party didnt comdemned facism. Actually there are three and they have a lot of votes.Maybe Ciudadanos tried to do that but with their words trying not to offend.

Parties that could provide an earlier way to solve the terrorism in spain, and could save a lot of lives.
I love you defending the state for trying to arrest a singer, you clearly dont understand what freedom means.

Well the transicion was good but not as good as it should had been. I mean, it was Franco who put the king and USA who forced the regime to accept democracy.
Parties that moved money into terrorist hands and that refused to condemn them. They were legal as long as they didnt do that (reminder that Batasuna was legal). I also am not defending the state arresting a singer, I am saying why they do that (because judges are touchy) and putting an example of it outside of your "fascist anti catalonian spanish". I could also put examples of judges being shit assholes from my own region.

You could sign me up on making us a republic, but not being one doesnt make us a continuation of fascism when they have no power left at all.
Just stop calling Spain a fascist country ffs, it just hurts most of the independent argument when you try to paint a rather progressive democratic country like that.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
You clearly need to read other newspapers, I would recomend you to read foreign press.

And for god sake their plans where to make a referendum! That's democracy!

You clearly need to stop talking out of your ass.

It was an illegal referendum. If they wanted to play that hand then the rest of the spanish people should have voted as well, it's their country too you know...

And now on the ignore list you go.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You clearly need to stop talking out of your ass.

It was an illegal referendum. If they wanted to play that hand then the rest of the spanish people should have voted as well, it's their country too you know...

And now on the ignore list you go.
Aren't you tired of hearing the same stupid arguments all over again?
These people live in a fucking bubble. It's so sad.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
Parties that moved money into terrorist hands and that refused to condemn them. They were legal as long as they didnt do that (reminder that Batasuna was legal). I also am not defending the state arresting a singer, I am saying why they do that (because judges are touchy) and putting an example of it outside of your "fascist anti catalonian spanish". I could also put examples of judges being shit assholes from my own region.

You could sign me up on making us a republic, but not being one doesnt make us a continuation of fascism when they have no power left at all.
Just stop calling Spain a fascist country ffs, it just hurts most of the independent argument when you try to paint a rather progressive democratic country like that.
Why Batasuna was banned in Spain and not in France?
One clue, it's something about facism.

dark_prinny

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok this is just straight terrorism apology. It's fucking disgusting.

You have the rare privilege of being the first user and post I report on this board. Congratulations.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Because ETA mostly commited terrorism crimes in Spain (heck they did like 3 small crimes in France?) and tried to put a clean face in France as a sort of refuge? You could explain why Bildu was allowed even when ETA wasnt technically death yet (spoiler: it was about refusing terrorism).