• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

$2.99 on each store. Based on the PSP/PS4 versions and has controller support!

Android
iOS

EDIT: Maria and Richter are playable from the get go!
Might want to add to the first post a fun thing I found upon starting the game...

As soon as you go to input your name it tells you input Richter to play as him or Maria to play as her! No need to new game plus this time just pick who you wanna be! Maria was never in the psx version but was in Dracula x and other ports. Great you can enjoy these so folks who never unlocked them or who just never played them because of the long unlock requirements rejoice!

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. It's cheap, why not. Touch controls though...

Wonder if this means that second Anniversary Collection is soon!

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
Ooo I am interested in this, gonna wait for impressions first though. Was this previously announced?

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
might grab it since it is super cheap and supports controllers... I'll finally use my new 8bitdo with my phone

I wish FF Tactics was that cheap and had controller support, would buy it in a heartbeat

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Wait. It's translated to Spanish? Only the Xbox Live Arcade version has an official Spanish translation afaik.

Jun 26, 2018
Not supporting Konami because they treat their former employees like crap, blackballing them [the former employees] from jobs or health insurance

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Bought and playing it now. Can confirm controller support and it's the PSP port. Seems to control as you would expect.

But given I have this on PS1, PSP, 360, and I ripped both of my copies for emulators, I'm not sure I'm going to keep yet another version of this game, lol.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
enlighten me how anyone can do the soul steal move using a touch screen.
I just refunded the game, now I want to buy it again and test this out.

Might be easier than one would think, lol.

edit: I should mention that I had initial issues with Richter's down/up jump uppercut; it wasn't registering until I got into the Dracula fight. Don't know if it was something with my controller or the game itself; but Dracula was as far as I got before I refunded it.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Wait. It's translated to Spanish? Only the Xbox Live Arcade version has an official Spanish translation afaik.
I can confirm it's on Spanish. Even it's page is translated:
AvRVYGG.png

Downloading now. I will report with impressions later.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
That's fantastic! A shame it is the new localisation and dub, but it's nice that this is easier to play than ever.

Does the game offer any sort of suspend save or auto-save? Relying on save rooms is impractical on a mobile device.

I'm glad that controller support is so much more practical on iOS these days. My 8bitdo controller always travels with my ipad.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
maria and richter are unlocked from the start. just died on the first maria screen. 😭😭

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
2.99 feels like a price I can jump in blind at... I always have my phone and iPad with me, not harm in packing in my spare Xbox controller too.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
As we've said multiple times, it has controller support on both operating systems.

Yeah, but it is kind of a bad experience for me to have a phone on table and controller in hands. Handhelds are so much more enjoyable, like Gameboy, PSP, Switch..I hope SotN comes to Switch soon, in 2nd Anniversary collection. I want SoTN and Rondo of blood there, while all other GBA and DS games would be amazing, too, but I will keep my hopes low.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
touch controls are surprisingly usable.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on an Android phone, the Dualshock 4 has horrific input lag. My Xbox One controller with bluetooth works much better.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but it is kind of a bad experience for me to have a phone on table and controller in hands. Handhelds are so much more enjoyable, like Gameboy, PSP, Switch..I hope SotN comes to Switch soon, in 2nd Anniversary collection. I want SoTN and Rondo of blood there, while all other GBA and DS games would be amazing, too, but I will keep my hopes low.

You don't have to have your phone on a table when things like these exist in multiple forms and controller styles.

Even if this port should end up on everything --it probably will-- no one is forced to plop their screen against a water bottle to play.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's fantastic! A shame it is the new localisation and dub, but it's nice that this is easier to play than ever.

Does the game offer any sort of suspend save or auto-save? Relying on save rooms is impractical on a mobile device.

I'm glad that controller support is so much more practical on iOS these days. My 8bitdo controller always travels with my ipad.
That is a very good question. That could quickly become painful if it looses the suspend state and doesn't save. iCloud sync between devices would be nice as well.
Store page mentions a new continue feature. Not sure what that means yet.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I'm back and after some time with the game I think I'll keep it.

The video compression is awful (even more than the original or the PSP version) with lots of artifacts
kSIqfke.png

Sprites look clean and for the time being I can't spot missing effects, but I'm not an expert on that matter so I don't see much trouble with that other than the UI which gets in the way, and my fat thumbs keep covering areas of the screen causing some enemies to get cheap shots at me due that I can't see them and react on time. It's hard to control the game with touch controls, I don't have a controller with me so I bet it plays much better with them.
FbLNdD1.png

The UI is more akin to a mobile game but I'm not quite fond of the stats screen, maybe I'm more used to the classic one.

ikJRVkD.png

Regarding the Spanish translation, I'm 5 minutes into the game and we have already SpanglishI have yet to find another at the time I'm writing this (just got to the first save point so far)
RIYSxco.png

Load times are nonexistent on the game (or I am yet to find one) but I experience some audio skip from time to time, and the music seems more muted than the PSP version, like its less quality, even with headphones the music sounds kinda low-fi.

Other problem I face is that I keen making the bottom iOS menu to pop up when trying to reach the attack button due to its position causen the game to sometimes pause unexpectedly. Other than that I have no other complaints.

g3aH6hg.png
The continue function seems neat. I quit the game via in game menu on the room were Death's makes its first appearance and after selected "Continue" on the main menu, I started just in the same room with Dead just giving his speech. Haven't tested it further tho.

EDIT: If you close the game via OS it saves your last visited room if you choose to continue, kinda like a save state.

One thing I found funny is that the game just tells you upon a New game to input Maria Or Richter to play as them right away.
cFL55Rq.png

Those are my quick impressions on the game. Tested it on a iPhone SE.

Last edited: