• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Nooooo don't lift spoiler tags. I have 3 more episodes to go and I watch one a day :(

Nov 13, 2017
The series was great and a lot of fun. I can't help but wish though that it had been an anthology, with every season adapting a different game. I simply did not care about Trevor and Sypha by the end of it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished it. I was only watching like one episode a day, savoring it while it lasted. So damn good, and a good "end" to the series. Can't wait to see what they do next.

All the moves Alucard pulls from SotN are chef kiss.
Loved the double-jump because we were just talking about it in another thread like a week ago. I was like:

rick.jpg

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished it. I was only watching like one episode a day, savoring it while it lasted. So damn good, and a good "end" to the series. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Loved the double-jump because we were just talking about it in another thread like a week ago. I was like:

rick.jpg
The gravity boots ability he pulls on that Kratos like vampire was hype.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Finished this last night and thought it was brilliant. Kinda want to do a rewatch of this already and start from the beginning again

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting to tear through all of S4 in a day, but here I am.

After S3 was too slow and chatty and accomplished very little in all its runtime, this one tilted all the way to the other end and had too damn many characters and subplots running around for its own good and struggled to give all of them proper development and closure. Being too rushed is better than being too empty, but there's a few pretty obvious weak points that could've been cut to free up screentime for more important characters. Ellis needs an editor who can rein in his excesses, and even apart from him being a creep I'm perfectly happy that any future Castlevania projects won't have him involved.

Still a fun ride overall. Shoutouts to the action animators and choreographers who put in serious work. I loved seeing the cross show up and how it appropriately carved a swathe of destruction, Alucard's powers were as much of a treat as ever, and they keep finding amazing new things for Sypha to do with ice magic that put every other frost wizard out there to shame. Also happy to see Death finally put in an appearance, and still be pretty intimidating despite being unexpectedly casual.

Dracula getting to live out the quiet, happy life of his dreams is surprising, but not unwelcome. It's a nice change of pace from him being constantly summoned by some dark priest or minion and immediately waxed by the vampire killer du jour in the games, and there's 300 years in the timeline before the next story worth telling happens, so they've got a healthy amount of time to play with to explain why he might eventually become a threat again, if they even want to bother, since they could probably get on just fine fleshing out the series' other antagonists and trotting out Death some more.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how action heavy this season feels so far. Also, Isaac and Hector are a ship right? Because they should be.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Loved the season and the series overall. I never thought the Castlevania series would be turned into a great animated show, but they somehow pulled it off. Episode 9 is one of my favorite episodes of television ever. I loved the art and fight sequences.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I've read an interesting theory about the ending and how it might setup future continuations
People are saying that was not Lisa at the end, but a Succubus, put there to ensure she gets killed again to make Dracula snap definitely, just like in Symphony of the Night.

People are basing that in three aspects 1) why would Lisa be in hell? 2) why does she sound so unconcerned about genocide? 3) How can they continue the series?

Nov 13, 2017
I've read an interesting theory about the ending and how it might setup future continuations
People are saying that was not Lisa at the end, but a Succubus, put there to ensure she gets killed again to make Dracula snap definitely, just like in Symphony of the Night.

People are basing that in three aspects 1) why would Lisa be in hell? 2) why does she sound so unconcerned about genocide? 3) How can they continue the series?
I like this idea. Whatever it takes to get SotN 🥲

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Incredible season, every episode just blew me away and i couldn't wait for the next one. The battle scenes were awesome, especially
in the last big battle in Dracula's castle with Alucard pulling off all these awesome vampire moves (the bats, wolf etc). Per the ending, i actually would've been okay with Trevor being dead as sad as it was, because i'd already mentally prepared for that. I'm glad that Dracula and Carmilla were brought back though, as it was sad seeing them in hell even though they were together
Just an incredible season and amazing series overall, one of my favorites ever.

Last edited:

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Posting Unmarked Spoilers; Permanently Tread Banned
Just finished season 4 today. Took it slow. Really wanted to savor it. I feel like Netflix really has something special here.

My favorite episode of the series has to be the Isaac fight against the wizard.
Sypha is a badass dude. MVP of the series. I loved the moment Trefor threw the cross just to get Sypha free(catacombs)

ill write more thoughts later

Edit. Just wanted to say that when I first saw Dracula and Lisa at the end I felt like Dracula was creating a fantasy for Lisa inside the rebis but the author supposedly came out and said that the rebis was destroyed and their souls went to their original bodies

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible season, every episode just blew me away and i couldn't wait for the next one. The battle scenes were awesome, especially in the last big battle in Dracula's castle with Alucard pulling off all these awesome vampire moves (the bats, wolf etc). Per the ending, i actually would've
been okay with Trevor being dead as sad as it was, because i'd already mentally prepared for that. I'm glad that Dracula and Carmilla were brought back though, as it was sad seeing them in hell even though they were together
Just an incredible season and amazing series overall, one of my favorites ever.

I assume you mean Lisa, cause Carmilla wasn't brought back.

Just finished season 4 today. Took it slow. Really wanted to savor it. I feel like Netflix really has something special here.

My favorite episode of the series has to be the Isaac fight against the wizard.
Sypha is a badass dude. MVP of the series. I loved the moment Trefor threw the cross just to get Sypha free(catacombs)

ill write more thoughts later

Edit. Just wanted to say that when I first saw Dracula and Lisa at the end I felt like Dracula was creating a fantasy for Lisa inside the rebis but the author supposedly came out and said that the rebis was destroyed and their souls went to their original bodies

Spoiler tag is still in effect.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude every episode has at least 1 dope fight scene. That battle in the blood pool? Chefs kiss

The armor fight? Bah gawd

Hands down my favorite animated series of all time, jesus
And the producer of Castlevania announced a Devil May Cry series back in 2018. Don't know if it's still planned, but imagine if the fights are as good as Castlevania 🤯

Oct 27, 2017
I finished a couple of days ago and on the whole really enjoyed it. Some of the writing is really bad (like when Saint Germain in probably episode 8 or 9 says something like "I'm going to have sex again") but I like when characters have their monologues and I enjoyed almost everything concerning the main trio.

I really like Trevor, Sypha and Alucard when they're together, and I felt it was a shame separating them at the beginning of S3 after everything they'd done together. I did spend many of the episodes wishing they were reunited, but when they finally arrive in time for the final battle it was definitely worth it. It was a fucking cool hype moment when Alucard is facing down insurmountable odds, and they appear as backup. That being said, Alucard and Sypha are mega OP and Trevor is quite plain and almost unnecessary by comparison (!).

There probably should have been more of Isaac this season as he was probably my favourite character before, but he doesn't really get a whole lot to do here. I wanted to see him and Hector interact more, and to see where his journey would go next after this whole storyline concluded.

One little detail I did like was how much Alucard looks like his mother and father. He face has a similar shape to Lisa but his has Vlad's long thin nose. I only noticed it at the very end when Lisa came back.

Is Vlad still the same semi-Satan ungodly monster? Because the moment something happens to Lisa again, there is zero guarantee he won't go nuclear again. Not sure bringing them back like that was a wise idea.

Do you mean not sure it was wise in terms of the writers, or in terms of the characters?

If you mean the former, then it gives them scope to have Dracula be the main villain in the spin-off series which will probably come in a couple of years and have a name like Castlevania: Resurrection. If you mean in terms of the characters, I think Dracula and Lisa returning was an unintended side-effect of their sorcery. I think everyone expects that their souls will have returned to hell, not that they will have been returned to earth, fully restored.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they portray Sypha in fight scenes.
I'm a sucker for mage classes and they very good.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the season. It was satisfying in just about every way. I liked S1-3 a lot, but they never nailed the action quite like this one.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
This definitely feels like the show was supposed to go beyond S4 but the show continues the upward trend for me of getting better each season, despite the somewhat limp feeling ending. It's the best overall but I think S3 is close behind it.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I want more. But part of me feels like maybe it should end while I still want more.

I really loved what they did with Isaac and Hector this season. That final scene between Hector and Lenore hit me for some reason. It was a pleasant surprise to get such a happy ending for the main trio considering how things went last season.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This season was so good! I am so sad it's over but the ending was shockingly satisfying to me. The animations in the fight scenes in episode 9 were nuts. They really nailed it!

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

maybe
I could see it, though I think they could just go the path of someone forcing Dracula back after he dies again and that being the reason Dracula is a raving beast. I mean there are a variety of routes they can go

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah the animation this season, especially in episode 9, is stellar. Probably the best animation I have ever seen.
Sypha gives me some mega DBZ tones - like she could probably out-kamehameha Goku

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Finished today. A bit disappointes by the ending/final chapter.

But MY GOD! EP9 IS A FUCKING TOUR DE FORCE. I was at the edge of my seat the whole episode.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
God this ended perfectly. I've never cared about Castlevania a bit as a series but this is one of my favorites animated things ever. Alucard's list of moves were utilized to the fullest and it was so fucking dope.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
God this ended perfectly. I've never cared about Castlevania a bit as a series but this is one of my favorites animated things ever. Alucard's list of moves were utilized to the fullest and it was so fucking dope.
You should really give Symphony of the Night a go. Alucard pulled a lot of moves from that game in this season.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it yesterday and had a blast with it. Malcom McDowell as Varney was brilliant and it sounded like he had a lot of fun with his lines.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Just watched it all in one sitting, was just as good as the other seasons. Only thing I still dislike is them not diving into the bestiary and music, least they added a Corpseweed as a painting on the wall and of course that sick
Gergoth boss fight
Hopefully whatever they choose to do next they leverage more of the classic Castlevania monsters and music, not having a Bone Pillar in a Castlevania show seems illegal.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This was definitely the best season but the show overall was painfully mediocre outside of the fight scenes. Hope whatever they follow it up with has a better team of writers.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Loved everything about this show.

Sypha by far my favorite character. Loved her accent.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
The whole last section with Belmont was incredible and his death was really emotional until they did a total 180 degree and I was like wtf. But overall very very strong season. Loved it!

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Great final season, thoroughly enjoyed most of it except for a few things:
would have been nice for Lenore to not die, seemed like a weak way for her to go out. Also REALLY wanted to see Striga get more action time. Would have been amazing seeing her fight more. Also wish we'd got to see that awesome Beserk( rip) armor more!