• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Well I blitzed the whole thing in one day...
Worth it, I could savour this last piece of Vania content for the foreseeable future but damn I just devoured it

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Season was better than the last and the action was great .
I have really do like the ending and thought it was nice.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
is the animation gonna be like this the whole time or are they saving the budget for later episodes? the frame rate is off

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the season but I do have one question:

Who was lady saint germain was trying to find?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Gergoth?! in my animated series?!
[mod edit: sorry, this image was causing browser security errors for some people and prevents the page from loading]
Awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Alucard, Belmont, and Sypha are all still charming as hell.

The show does such a great job of punctuating its horrors with little bits of humor and bonding. It would be a fucking drag otherwise, amazing action aside.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
is the animation gonna be like this the whole time or are they saving the budget for later episodes? the frame rate is off
I noticed the frame rate sucks (the world should absolutely take on more in-between animators)....but this season's key frames are so damn gorgeous, even better than before.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Death is a glutenous, conceited piece of shit.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Loved it! Both this and last season decided to end with one of my favorite bosses. And the characters are great. And the story was fun. And the action was spectacular. And the mythology gags. And the monsters. I just marathoned the whole thing in an afternoon.

Legion as the S3 boss and Death as the S4 one. I've been waiting for Death to show up since the first season! I was pumped!

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Just starting S4 now (excited!!) but I have a question.
Did they use any more music from the Castlevania games? I hope so.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it, and while I thought it was good, I think I tire of Warren Ellis' writing immensely. Why is everyone so fuckin' sour with their language?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Do wish it was longer felt like it was going at a very quick pace for some character.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I watched the entire series. There were some parts that were a bit slow, but overall it was a great series.

I don't know how to interpret that ending foreshadowing.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow that ending pretty much

throws a wrench in getting Rondo/SOTN/Aria adaptations. The spin-off maybe will be a prequel focused on Leon.

Yeah, so instead of seeing this as an adaptation of the classic games, this enters the Lords of Shadows type of alternate continuity.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I thought it was fantastic.

Nice symmetry with Trevor fighting skeletons in the beginning and then
Death
in the end.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watched all the episodes and other than some overly long dialogue parts I loved it.
Something that struck me odd about Lisa and Dracula being back is whether Lisa is aware of what Dracula has done? She seems pretty nonchalant there but her husband is responsible for countless deaths and destruction.
Also I like the idea of a Aria of Sorrow type of sequel. It takes place so long into the future that they can just make up some excuse that Dracula died long ago(but not elaborate too much on how) and now some evil cultists want him back.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Trevor, Sypha, and Alucard are all terrified of Dracula being resurrected, and at the very end, it actually comes true: Dracula returns to life. And as it turns out, he's a lot less interested in the complete extermination of mankind than he is backpacking Europe with his wife now that their son has settled down.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
That was amazing. Honestly it feels like a miracle we got 4 seasons. A complete story that sticks the landing. Fight scenes were God tier this season.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Really enjoyed this season. Animation and fight scenes were incredible as always. My only real gripes have to do with the voice acting. The big one is that the voices seemed too quiet at times, and the other is that there were a few instances where the delivery of the lines didn't fit the intensity of the scene, if that makes sense. But those are just small nitpicks. Overall still extremely solid and a satisfying end to the series.

I don't think Dracula and Lisa being alive at the end necessarily means that RoB/SOTN/etc. adaptations can't happen. The show already sort of played things fast and loose in regards to game canon, so they could easily find some way to get Dracula back on the evil train to kick off those events. Either way, I'm excited to see where the series goes if they decide to continue it.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Some spoilers on a character:

Why does the show keep showing a ring on Germain's hand that's similar to the binding ring that Hector and Lenore had?

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The dialogue in this show has always been a little weird, but why are most of the characters repeating the same phrases over and over in their speeches

Not a fan

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
First thing I wanna say after binging it is if there's ever another CV game and they decide to take anything from this please let it be Carmilla somehow in someway.
I'm gonna assume she was using the Muramasa in her last stand not that it really matters, it'd just make a neat reference.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Because this came out I realized that I didn't watch season 3 - catching up atm.

I'm surprised by how much more I like it then the first two. More time for characterisation, better sense of place, smaller scale plot. I guess it's such a change up that a lot of people didn't like it for that? Who knew that a Castlevania show was better without Dracula?

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man, I really hate to be a downer, but I did not like this final season one bit. It felt like a season or 2 worth of characterization just did not happen because Netflix wanted to torch and run after the Warren Ellis accusations came out and they decided to drop it.
  • Hector and Lenore are suddenly a flirty consensual couple even though the third season literally ended with Hector's horrified realization that she had been gaslighting the shit out of him and completely dehumanized him as a sex object.
  • Camilla's sisters are now all suddenly against her. Lenore suddenly sympathizes with the humans while Morana and Striga are all cynical about the continued fighting. Camilla suddenly is obsessed with world conquest when none of this was established last season.
  • Isaac, as much as I think he's the best character in the show, completely 180'd on his obsession with culling humanity
  • Alucard largely shakes off the trauma he suffered in Season 3 in a single episode.
  • Hector joining this conspiracy to undermine Camilla completely off screen when the last season implied that the slave-ring meant he could not even think of betraying the sisters.
The plot was a giant fucking mess man. And that doesn't get into me just not caring for Trevor+Sypha and Alucard's storylines this season and feeling that ending tried to wrap things up too nciely.

Oct 27, 2017

I think episode one is where it is the worst, choppy as hell, but don't expect Jujutsu or Demon tier fluidity in later episodes.

Man, I really hate to be a downer, but I did not like this final season one bit. It felt like a season or 2 worth of characterization just did not happen because Netflix wanted to torch and run after the Warren Ellis accusations came out and they decided to drop it.
  • Hector and Lenore are suddenly a flirty consensual couple even though the third season literally ended with Hector's horrified realization that she had been gaslighting the shit out of him and completely dehumanized him as a sex object.
  • Camilla's sisters are now all suddenly against her. Lenore suddenly sympathizes with the humans while Morana and Striga are all cynical about the continued fighting. Camilla suddenly is obsessed with world conquest when none of this was established last season.
  • Isaac, as much as I think he's the best character in the show, completely 180'd on his obsession with culling humanity
  • Alucard largely shakes off the trauma he suffered in Season 3 in a single episode.
  • Hector joining this conspiracy to undermine Camilla completely off screen when the last season implied that the slave-ring meant he could not even think of betraying the sisters.
The plot was a giant fucking mess man. And that doesn't get into me just not caring for Trevor+Sypha and Alucard's storylines this season and feeling that ending tried to wrap things up too nciely.

I don't think you are a downer. I think this season does a complete u-turn compared to what the previous ones did.

The entire Carmilla vs other vampires plot-line is just a wet fart. Even if it wasn't a comical invasion and destruction, Carmilla had no idea all the other vampires were united and bringing Dracula back... Like... What the fuck, these two plotlines (Carmilla and Other vampires) could have put the show into a much more interesting direction where Heroes vs Carmilla's Empire vs Dracula's Followers vs Black Forgemaster's Army schemed. You know, like the continuation of previous seasons...

Alucard deciding to help ONE peasant village, and he instantly finds the LOVE of his life being the commander of said village...

The show tried to either redeem or condemn all the characters, leaving the grey world into heroes and villains, and the ending is "Happy ever after"

Also someone brought up how stupid the Death's plan is... You want to kill everyone, so I can feed for this rampage, and then starve... No, Death was introduced because they needed a JRPG God-tier boss fight

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Man i just need to say I love Alucards SotN inspired outfit including the shield and i hope to god we get a nice action figure out of this lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have no idea what they we're doing this season. I'll gladly watch the series because the action/animation but the writing/dialogue is lukewarm. Not terrible, just not good enough for me to feel anything when they play sad music or have heroic sacrifices or whatever. That Lenore thing especially had me like "...huh?"

In any case, I will always praise this show for making something new out of the source material. I wish more adaptions did that

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm really glad Carmilla got some love with her fight scene. It would've been too easy to treat her like leftovers but the animators and writers did their thing with her

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Watched 5 episodes yesterday, will watch the rest tonight.

The "Berserker armor" scene was fucking insane. Let these guys just adapt Berserk already, I don't care if they have to do it in 10 episode batches over the course of 20 years, just let them do it dammit.

Anyway, loving it so far, I could just chill with these characters forever. Can't believe Castlevania of all things got the love it did, but here we are and my life is all the better for it.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Man it was so good, the final battle with Death had me going holy shit.

MOD EDIT: Tag your spoilers folks

Last edited by a moderator: