• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I always like when amongst the more generic beasts you suddenly get a classic vania staple just rock up looking just like they did in the games and with the same attack...

Didn't think I'd see him animated again after the Dawn of Sorrow opening, maybe he leaves a strong impression.

Is it just me or does it seem like the audio equipment they use to record voices suck? When people speak it sounds so quiet and muffled, combined with the thick accents it's so offputting.
This has been my main gripe with the series from the start, I mean sure the english muffle speak is on point, I can confirm, but yes it's something of a pain at times.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Season was alright, but I think I liked S2 a little more.

Was racking my brain when St. Germain was going through the time corridor. I get that those weren't straight-up references, but I nearly jumped, thinking that thing was a Metal Gear.

Alucard and Hector can't catch a break, man. Sets up Alucards decision to peace out for a few hundred years quite well though. I'm guessing he gets to the brink of following his fathers' footsteps in S4 but realizes that he is better than that and goes to sleep until the series reaches SotN - probably by Season 6 with S5 being Rondo.

Also, if this gets canceled before SotN I'm gonna riot, same goes if it does indeed reach SotN and they still refuse to use music from the games. Jesus fuck.

Given that Netflix shows are almost always shuttered by 5th seasons, I don't think we're getting that adaptation.

Oct 25, 2017
Season was alright, but I think I liked S2 a little more.

Was racking my brain when St. Germain was going through the time corridor. I get that those weren't straight-up references, but I nearly jumped, thinking that thing was a Metal Gear.

Given that Netflix shows are almost always shuttered by 5th seasons, I don't think we're getting that adaptation.

They could end this version of Castlevania... and start a sequel series.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame knowing that there's always gonna be untapped potential for tackling other Vania entries here
Most jump to the obvious Rondo and Symphony combo, but let's take time to imagine the still unseen battle of 1999 leading to Aria and Dawn of Sorrow as the true hook, and you'd still get your alucard fix, and another Belnade! (but not Hammer, he gets Grant'd)

...and a random OVA for Eccelsia because Shanoa, Albus and Barlowe deserve it dammit!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TBH I want a Simon's Quest adaptation way more than a Symphony of the Night one. The story of a man that defeats Drac only to then be cursed with death and being forced to revive the foe he had slain could be great if fleshed out.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Just watched the last episodes.

Was nice to see some monster cameos like

Ctuthulu, Legion or the Fire Demon.
Alucard was pretty angry, Hector crushed, Trevor and Sypha lost hope in humanity. I wonder how this will continue.

Oct 27, 2017
I was really looking forward to this season. I was very afraid to see where they where going once Dracula was over by season 2. The premise (Carmilla building an army and such) and the reviews got me hyped, but it was very disappointing, tbh.

Also,
Alucard's story with the japanese vampire hunters was the worst
. I thought that most of the season felt like a drag compared to S2.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be cool with another creative team doing another series on a different Belmont and era. I love me some Warren Ellis and what the animation teams have done but would be cool to get something with a different tone, focus and maybe even animation style.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't finished the season but I just want to say I like the female vampire crew.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Why were the twins in such a rush?
Enjoyed the season but didn't seem as good as the previous 2 but then again I really did love Dracula.

Feel so bad for Hector and Alucard

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Why were the twins in such a rush?
Enjoyed the season but didn't seem as good as the previous 2 but then again I really did love Dracula.

Feel so bad for Hector and Alucard

They aren't twins, everyone just assumed haha.

As for why they were in a rush? After living under a cruel vampire they set out to Europe to find the mythical: "Alucard" and along the way they were constantly lied and betrayed by people. So when they get to Alucard and he's not just giving them everything instantly, they feel as though he's doing the same thing all the other people that did bad by them and so if he wouldn't give them everything they would kill him and take it anyway.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
They aren't twins, everyone just assumed haha.

As for why they were in a rush? After living under a cruel vampire they set out to Europe to find the mythical: "Alucard" and along the way they were constantly lied and betrayed by people. So when they get to Alucard and he's not just giving them everything instantly, they feel as though he's doing the same thing all the other people that did bad by them and so if he wouldn't give them everything they would kill him and take it anyway.
They seemed so intent on moving the castle and he agreed to teach them some magic. Just seems confusing when he is teaching them but they wanna learn everything instantly and it isn't going their way they try to kill him?

You think they were trying to kill him from the start but Alucard was too good so they played this game with him?

I just called them twins because I saw everyone else doing it lol. Kinda don't even feel bad at the end with both of them being on stakes.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So, I like this show a pretty good amount.

Not because of the setting or the video game connection or anything, just because the writing is pretty good.

I'm free tonight, my partner is out of town, I'm home alone with the TV.

I barely watch anime. Someone recommend another series (on a streaming service, Netflix Hulu etc.) for me to watch.

I have seen Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, and Code Geass.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Watching Episode 6...
Did I just see
Saint Germain witness a Metal Gear walking in the plains, and a shattered moon with space ship in reference to Contra or Gradius?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Them not being twins makes no sense to me and seems like a cop out. They're the only ones with those specific features and are damn near identical right down to eyebrows, skin tone and clothing and none of the other japanese people shown shared those features let alone to that degree. They were definitely intended to be siblings.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and the funniest line of the season is in fact "What the fuck is that?". I burst out laughing when that line dropped.

So, I like this show a pretty good amount.

Not because of the setting or the video game connection or anything, just because the writing is pretty good.

I'm free tonight, my partner is out of town, I'm home alone with the TV.

I barely watch anime. Someone recommend another series (on a streaming service, Netflix Hulu etc.) for me to watch.

I have seen Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, and Code Geass.

That's like this? You could watch the Vampire Hunter D films, the sequel is an animation showcase though the story is a bit so so.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Oh and the funniest line of the season is in fact "What the fuck is that?". I burst out laughing when that line dropped.

That's like this? You could watch the Vampire Hunter D films, the sequel is an animation showcase though the story is a bit so so.
Doesn't have to be "like this" as in fighting monsters. Just needs to be well written and interesting.

Don't see Vampire Hunter D streaming.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Lol fuckin' Hector. Also...

What was up with the Judge? Was the dude killing children for some kind of fucked up ritual or was he just a scumbag? Felt like I missed a detail

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Lol fuckin' Hector. Also...

What was up with the Judge? Was the dude killing children for some kind of fucked up ritual or was he just a scumbag? Felt like I missed a detail

It wasn't just children. It was anyone who disrupted the order of the town from tiny to large. But he wasn't able to touch the priory (and they would not listen to him) and so that's why he was happy to get his little revenge at the end there.

Also...

I want someone to write this... easter egg spoiler:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's a shame knowing that there's always gonna be untapped potential for tackling other Vania entries here
Most jump to the obvious Rondo and Symphony combo, but let's take time to imagine the still unseen battle of 1999 leading to Aria and Dawn of Sorrow as the true hook, and you'd still get your alucard fix, and another Belnade! (but not Hammer, he gets Grant'd)

...and a random OVA for Eccelsia because Shanoa, Albus and Barlowe deserve it dammit!

I say they keep this main series going on and every other year throw in another era as a movie or mini-series. Everyone loves a shared universe!

Watching Episode 6...
Did I just see
Saint Germain witness a Metal Gear walking in the plains, and a shattered moon with space ship in reference to Contra or Gradius?

I honestly thought it was a shout out to Alien.

What was up with the people running to the Aztec temple?

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So why were the two Japanese characters so interested in Dracula's castle moving? I must of missed it but what were they hoping to gain?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I say they keep this main series going on and every other year throw in another era as a movie or mini-series. Everyone loves a shared universe!

I honestly thought it was a shout out to Alien.

What was up with the people running to the Aztec temple?

I just watched the episode again after finishing the season... and yup,
large bipedal robot roaming African plain with the sound of whirring gears.

The alien ship rising from the jungle in the shape of a"C" may be a stretch, but I'm all for the Easter Eggs and shared universe. I even saw a Moai head in the old man's shop where Isaac received his mirror.

No idea who the 8 people were by the Aztec building. Wild Aztec slot machines? Lol

Overall, great season. Loved the writing. I really hope the season wins the show some awards.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really liked it but
I really hope that next season is the end for this cast of characters, not that I don't like them or anything, but I really want to see the show move on into adapting other Belmonts and such.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe, but I hope if the ratings, reviews, and attachment rate for viewers is high they'll keep pumping out the show. I could see the current characters receive 1-2 more seasons, and then I would love to see future seasons focus on a timeline skip.

And if not, maybe we'll see a movie-length special for SOTN.

Oct 28, 2017
Why does everyone talk so damn slow? A 2 minute scene gets stretched out with long pauses all of the time. Talk. Faster!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am 4 episodes in and not loving it. Cool seeing the 3 heroes fucking around but the villains are just not as compelling as Dracula and his backstory. At least not so far.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Saw season 3 was out on Netflix so I started the first episode. I gotta say it is odd watching this show late at night when you are dead tired with headphones on. Everyone is so soft spoken and somewhat reserved with all their delivery. That it really puts me to sleep. Not in a bad way mind you haha

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Just binged the entire tonight. I'll spare details.

👎🏻

trunx81

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Just finished the season. It really felt like a filler, reminded me of the Resident Evil bookline where we got filler books after every game book. I really hope they wrap everything up in season four so that we can have that time jump to another Belmont.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This is all over the place. It's not bad. But it has no purpose other than setting things in motion for season 4.