• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The amount of Lore use by the writing team is insane. One of the main plot points comes from an obscure stage from Curse of Darkness.

How. Why.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man.... Alucard :(, love this dude its hard to watch lol. Trevor visit your boy once in awhile ffs.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SPOILER_Castlevania.png

Damn people are already getting ruthless lol
god damn it people

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Re: the twins

I'm still not understanding their sudden heel turn. Way too fucking abrupt and out-of-character for them. Alucard wasn't training/powering them up quick enough so they... kill him? And rape him first? Nothing we were shown about either hinted they would ever roll like that.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Re: the twins

I'm still not understanding their sudden heel turn. Way too fucking abrupt and out-of-character for them. Alucard wasn't training/powering them up quick enough so they... kill him? And rape him first? Nothing we were shown about either hinted they would ever roll like that.

I mean there was quite the signs that there was something suspicious about them. Constantly asking if the castle can be fixed, getting waaay too friendly too quickly, and general just weird behavior. Like they might not have intended to betray him (though the fact that they had those rings...) from the start but they had a really larger than life image of Alucard. A guy whose only actual human contact was his mother, Trevor and Sypha and so he doesn't really know how to act around other people and that made them get frustrated and start to think he's a fraud so better just off him and take the castle.

As Sypha noted in S2, he's a child/teen in an adults body since he aged fast.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
32005febc056ecd029d5c2cf6c644b552cdaea4a.gifv

Forgot to mention, that moment actually had me yelling at the TV screen.

Lenore is a straight up sociopath and what makes her even more chilling and vile than Carmilla is she literally thinks that she's doing Hector a favor.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Striga looks a lot like that guy from Samurai Shodown...Asura or something? I can't remember his name anymore.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its just me but can we say the stand out scene of the season wasn't an action one or some lore reference or dirty joke but the scene in episode 6 between Isaac and the "scholar" around the campfire? Maybe it was the series of events surrounding Isaac leading up that discussion or the the voice of the demon but something about that scene was so deeply haunting. Damn that scene gave me chills!

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its just me but can we say the stand out scene of the season wasn't an action one or some lore reference or dirty joke but the scene in episode 6 between Isaac and the "scholar" around the campfire? Maybe it was the series of events surrounding Isaac leading up that discussion or the the voice of the demon but something about that scene was so deeply haunting Damn that scene gave me chills!
That scene. I don't think I could even imagine what was going through his head as he was hearing that.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished. Rough season emotionally. Excited to see Isaac vs Hector & The Sisters in S4 and hopefully Sypha and Trevor reuniting with Alucard and breaking him out of his downward spiral.

Maybe its just me but can we say the stand out scene of the season wasn't an action one or some lore reference or dirty joke but the scene in episode 6 between Isaac and the "scholar" around the campfire? Maybe it was the series of events surrounding Isaac leading up that discussion or the the voice of the demon but something about that scene was so deeply haunting Damn that scene gave me chills!
Same here. I loved that scene. Sad that that demon didn't play a bigger role in the town battle.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Finished the first two episodes and kind of confused.

Did Sypha and Trevor become a couple off screen between Season 2 and Season 3?

If they're following the original lore then yes, those two are a couple at this point. Thats how it went in the original game after all. Thats why Trevor and Sypha's descendants are far more powerful vampire hunters since they can use some magic in combination with centuries of monster hunting tactics and techniques.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Maybe its just me but can we say the stand out scene of the season wasn't an action one or some lore reference or dirty joke but the scene in episode 6 between Isaac and the "scholar" around the campfire? Maybe it was the series of events surrounding Isaac leading up that discussion or the the voice of the demon but something about that scene was so deeply haunting. Damn that scene gave me chills!
That scene and the scene between Isaac and the Captain both had excellent writing I thought.

I really like Isaac so I'm glad he got plenty of development and some great action scenes well.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the season.

Really looking forward to

Hector getting his revenge on the smug vampire sisters, especially Lenore and Carmilla.

Dude has been mindfucked by vampires enough.

Kind of bummed it seems like we're stuck in this era. Want to see the other games adapted, especially Richter's saga and Symphony of the Night but I'm guessing its not going to happen since the showrunners seem to have grown too attached to the characters which is was what I was kind of afraid of happening.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the season.

Really looking forward to

Hector getting his revenge.

Dude has been mindfucked by vampires enough.

Kind of bummed it seems like we're stuck in this era. Want to see the other games adapted, especially Richter's saga and Symphony of the Night but I'm guessing its not going to happen since the showrunners seem to have grown too attached to the characters.

This is my greatest worry and why the ending to S3 makes me so unenthusiastic

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of bummed it seems like we're stuck in this era. Want to see the other games adapted, especially Richter's saga and Symphony of the Night but I'm guessing its not going to happen since the showrunners seem to have grown too attached to the characters.

I've come to terms with it. I would be down for a 2 hour animated movie about Simon, maybe from a different creative team and something a bit different from the series in terms of tone, characterization and of course the monster slaying.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want a whole show just about

Issac going on a road trip with his horde, talking philosophy and life with weird people and Bug Man now.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
With all the monsters and vampires out there the way humans act in this series always feels kinda off to me.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This is my greatest worry and why the ending to S3 makes me so unenthusiastic
I've come to terms with it. I would be down for a 2 hour animated movie about Simon, maybe from a different creative team and something a bit different from the series in terms of tone, characterization and of course the monster slaying.
Only way they can make it up to me is if they actually bring in Grant or Death next season.

*shakes Warren Ellis*

Why do you hate Danasty? He was a fucking pirate captain and a crazy lil man with a knife that climbed on walls, you love that weird oddball shit.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I hope Season 4 is the end of this chapter so desperately.

Only way they can make it up to me is if they actually bring in Grant or Death next season.

*shakes Warren Ellis*

Why do you hate Danasty?!

I can't in good faith equate Grant to Simon

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I legit cannot tell if Lenore actually likes Hector or if the whole thing is a farce. If it's a farce then she is really good at manipulation. Her entire persona just screams secret sociopath.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they can Legend of Korra a series about Richter or another Belmont down the road.

I legit cannot tell if Lenore actually likes Hector or if the whole thing is a farce. If it's a farce then she is really good at manipulation. Her entire persona just screams secret sociopath.

Being a vampire almost mandates you be one, with the whole subsisting on human blood and what not.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's both. She cares for Hector but not as a person. It was a farce that she made him think that she actually cared for him as an equal.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they can Legend of Korra a series about Richter or another Belmont down the road.

Being a vampire almost mandates you be one, with the whole subsisting on human blood and what not.

I would be satisfied with Simon, then Richter + Alucard. Anything less is a disappointment. I love how they're covering some niche things from Castlevania but to not cover the main Belmont that started it all in real life would kind of really suck. I wanna see those Medusa heads and marching up the Dracula stairs

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
About Taka and Sumi

I knew there was something weird going on when it became obvious they were obsessed with asking about the castle teleporting mechanism but didn't expect them to try to kill poor Alucard.

Felt abit out of nowhere at first but if the implication is that they were hiding their true motives from him, it make abit more sense. That and they were raised as slaves by a vampire, thats bound to leave you psychologically damaged.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
About Taka and Sumi

I knew there was something weird going on when it became obvious they were obsessed with asking about the castle teleporting mechanism but didn't expect them to try to kill poor Alucard.

Felt abit out of nowhere at first but if the implication is that they were hiding their true motives from him, it make abit more sense. That and they were raised as slaves by a vampire, thats bound to leave you psychologically damaged.

It's just an incredibly sad situation all around. A situation made worse because on their journey since their escape apparently everyone they've met reinforced their perception of that simply is how the world works.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get Color from Outer Space vibes from the prior? Maybe it's just me but that night creature felt especially Lovecraft inspired.

Deleted member 32679

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The way Sypha uses her magic in this show just keeps on getting more creative and badass. The finale fight gave me chills.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Well, damn. The only upside for all the protags is that Vlad was not resurrected. Otherwise this all ended on a very very somber note for everyone except maybe Issac. Also, I'm glad nobody was home when watching the 9th episode. Still, all in all, a fantastic season.