• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Is it the SFX? Because the music seems fine to me :X

M2 worked on this collection, so M2 botched it :V
M2 aren't miracle workers. If this thing sucks its probably got more to do with time and budget than care and effort by M2.

They didn't internally develop Silent Hill HD either but everyone rightfully blames them.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
it's up on xbox.com finally

yeah the controls are backwards. A for whip and X for jump... ffs. it's screwing me up already. annoying.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
M2 aren't miracle workers. If this thing sucks its probably got more to do with time and budget than care and effort by M2.

They didn't internally develop Silent Hill HD either but everyone rightfully blames them.

Yeah and even calling it a botch to begin with seems overly harsh. It sucks but bugs are going to happen from time to time especially with these low budget quick turn around projects. Even with this being a Konami game I would be surprised if Konami doesn't green light at least one post release patch for this collection so hopefully this will get fixed quickly.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Fair enough. I am not too knowledgable about the porting process of such old games or rather the software/emulator used by M2 to run them.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
it's up on xbox.com finally

yeah the controls are backwards. A for whip and X for jump... ffs. it's screwing me up already. annoying.

What???? Who played Castlevania like that and went "yeah this is good"

Edit: What does the Switch version do? I heard some people mention dogbone style so I assumed A was jump and B was whip which, while not perfect, would still be ok to me. Jump being on the RIGHTMOST BUTTON is evil.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
You can remap controller buttons in the Xbox settings.

I know it's annoying but it's a workaround.
it is annoying that's why I haven't bothered yet. I'm getting used to it... lol

the beeping is making me a little nuts tho. didn't start until level 2 on CV1. not sure how prevelant it it is in all games and levels yet.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
You can also whip with Y and jump with B, might be more comfortable.
you can use A for whip and B for jump too, but it's still backwards and feels worse for me.

I'm adjusting for now. remapping on a console level is a thing, but it annoys me too so I'll have to settle for one or another.

hoping for a swift patch.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said earlier, I think M2 was rushed to get this port out.

I suspect that originally they weren't going to handle the collection. They might have even been brought in at the last minute.

I mean, if M2 was handling this collection since day 1, Konami and everyone else would be shouting it from the roof-tops. We didn't even find about M2's involvement until...a week before release?

-A small team that's already juggling a ton of projects.
-They're charged with putting a collection of eight games on every major platform.
-Said games were originally on the NES, Famicom, Game Boy, SNES, and Genesis/MD.

Yeah I can see where problems would arise.
It's really unfortunate.

Still, there's nothing here that an update or three couldn't fix.
- Button re-mapping
- Fix the sound issues
- Fix some of the menus
- Add more save-slots

Then again, there might be other issues. (Like what's happening a few posts above mine)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand/excuse the lack of button mapping options in games, especially emulated.

It should be a baseline accessibility feature at this point, regardless of system-level remapping.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I will never understand/excuse the lack of button mapping options in games, especially emulated.

It should be a baseline accessibility feature at this point, regardless of system-level remapping.
Seriously. Especially because they ALWAYS seem to somehow fuck it up.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, these issues on the various consoles are disappointing to hear. I was really looking forward to buying this collection on my Switch tomorrow but now I'm kinda leery.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kid Dracula is pretty fun. I've never heard of/played this game before this collection. It has kind of like... a Megaman vibe almost?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. Especially because they ALWAYS seem to somehow fuck it up.

I'm still bitter over the lack of decent button mapping options in MvC2 360/PS3 and Street Fighter 30th Collection. It's madness when the Dreamcast and PS1 button configs are far more robust. It's like they forget people use different controllers now and have different preferences/limitations.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, The Adventure...I know everyone said it's terrible, but...I wasn't prepared. Losing whip levels on damage...flea enemies that can take more than one hit...precise platforming in the first level...birds that rival Ninja Gaiden's...

(Still glad it's here though, for preservation purposes)

Can confirm those beeps are on CV1 on the PS4, as well.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I'm still bitter over the lack of decent button mapping options in MvC2 360/PS3 and Street Fighter 30th Collection. It's madness when the Dreamcast and PS1 button configs are far more robust. It's like they forget people use different controllers now and have different preferences/limitations.
But Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection has button mapping though?

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
first crash happened as I picked up an invisibility urn and tried to walk through a door on CV1.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to not make it past the first Medusa in cadtlevania and now we're on a no-death run, it feels good

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No crashes so far, and no crackling audio (on PS4). However, the beeps in CV1 are definitely there, and the lack of button config sucks. X to attack and Square to jump is bizarre, lol. Also, why is there no option to play in proper 4:3 without scanlines? I can either play the default way with essentially a square in the center of my tv, or play in 4:3 with scanlines, which makes everything look muddy and awful.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
But Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection has button mapping though?

You can only remap the six main buttons, there are no options whatsoever for 3P/3K, LP+LK, etc. All the sorts of options that have existed for pad players since the PS1 versions. It sucked for SFA3 and 3rd Strike.

Anyway, getting a bit off-topic, but it drives me crazy when these emulated collections don't have such standard features.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I waited on the last collection and will wait on this one too, even though I was looking forward to this one a lot more. Sucks, but hopefully an update or two will smooth things out. (As an aside, glad Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on Switch went on sale... that will keep me distracted for a while!)

Haha no.

I've been playing these games the same way for over 30 years. There's no way I'd ever be able to adjust to a different button scheme.

...Fuck. I'm so old.
Same here. Nintendo-wise, it better be Y attack / B jump. Crafted World defaulting to B attack / A jump was one of those WTF moments. Yeah, you can change it, but why is that the default?