• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
If no one knew, how come someone came in and pointed it out?

Look, I'm not trying to gotcha or anything, I just don't appreciate how you came at me. Especially since you jumped in middle of.

Sorry, I see folks purposely post like that often and it's always frustrating. Either way, after reading your posts and seeing how you felt, I apologize if I was overly curt about it right off the bat.

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is about a prominent French casting director attacking Ms Haenel for having the temerity to walk out on the public veneration of a pedophile rapist. This doesn't need to degenerate into the umpteenth pointless argument over Polanski's merits (or lack thereof) as a director. It feels like once again a woman's ordeal is being brushed aside in favor of spotlighting some monstrous dude's accomplishments.

My post wasnt haulting any discussion whatsoever. You were the only one who even acknowledged it. Please continue policing the discussion as you see fit however. I think I need a break from this forum for a while.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The scary part is that this casting director may not be entirely wrong given how fucked up certain people in Hollywood and the larger film community continue to go to bat for Polanski.

Hopefully the tide is turning somewhat though, and I know there are plenty of directors who would be happy to work with her. Hopefully the producers and production companies know better than to blacklist her, or that if they do they face public excoriation for doing so.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This shit is fucking infuriating. Feels like the French cinema scene is even worse than Hollywood about protecting rapists.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it hasn't this news needs to go wide here in the US. She'll have a long successful career in Hollywood.

Most people have turned on Polanski now, about time too the dude is scum.

Oct 27, 2017
Chinatown is a masterpiece
Fuck him though
Chinatown put me to sleep and the twist is predictable. The Pianist is a masterpiece though and he deserves all the accolades for that movie as a Director. But having a career spanning for more 50 years and only making 2 masterpiece compared to the other Director is a bit underwhelming to called him the best of the medium.

Staff Post

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The subject of this thread is about the disgusting ways in which a casting director aired his sexist feelings about Adèle Haenel, attempting to destroy her career over the way she handled the César ceremony. This is absolutely NOT the place to ponder whether or not Polanski has any shred of talent, and further posts that continue to veer into that territory will be actioned accordingly.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
How do you even think this way? What a disgusting person. People should be lining up to give this woman work because of her brave stance.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Fabulous actress, loved her in Water Lilies and Portrait, hope to see her in more stuff soon. This guy's a tool, and she'll have no problem getting work

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The complicity with which the industry protects (and outright celebrates) predators is so monumentally grotesque and pervasive.

One wouldn't dare having standards of human decency at risk of getting ahead or advancing your career! Just kiss the ring of the child rapist to get an in for your next job.

Polanski, this misogynist fuckwit, and everyone else going to bat for this shitbag can fucking rot. Fuck their legacy.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many film people bend over backwards for Polanski? It's not like he's a top executive at a major studio.

Is it a predator wall of silence?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Adele Haenel is incredibly talented and will find more work. Besides portrait of a lady on fire i recommend the light hearted 'love at first fight' (though the humor might work best in French).
As for this dude, fuck him. France has a real issue with letting their intelligentsia do despicable shit. And if you had a problem with it is because you were a boring, small minded bourgeois. The nytimes article about the writer that straight up glorified and admitted to rampant pedophilia is eye opening.

Do you have a name or a link or something?

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
Just curious from a social perspective, had Polanski shown up to court and done a year in US prison in 1977, would we be more accepting of him as a director continuing to work, or would we still be going back and forth on this in 2020 with the same heated discussions?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Official Staff Communication
The subject of this thread is about the disgusting ways in which a casting director aired his sexist feelings about Adèle Haenel, attempting to destroy her career over the way she handled the César ceremony. This is absolutely NOT the place to ponder whether or not Polanski has any shred of talent, and further posts that continue to veer into that territory will be actioned accordingly.
Thank you, Poodlestrike

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
MZW9QtX.png

Cibole..... cela n'aide clairement en rien....

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Adèle Haenel is a fantastic actress that needs to find all the work possible,
her part in the portrait of a girl on fire was glorious.
hopefully this signal the continuation of her career and the end of that casting asshole.
We still need to do what we can to stop carbone's emissions regardless we are talking about the element or its now infamous homonyme.