• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/cartoon...nimated-series/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
The ThunderCats are coming back!

EW can exclusively reveal that Warner Bros. Animation is bringing back the iconic cat-like aliens for new animated series called ThunderCats Roar, which will debut on Cartoon Network in 2019.

Check out an exclusive sneak peak at the show above.

The original ThunderCats show aired from 1985 and 1989, and followed the adventures of Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, Tygra, Snarf, and WilyKit and WilyKat, the refugees of the planet Thundera who end up on Third Earth. While ThunderCats Roar plans on staying true to the original's premise and will feature tons of action, it will also lean into the inherent comedy of the world, too.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would continue that last one. That was a really solid series.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tcats-roar-series-poster2.jpg
Oh god no

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, honestly, it can't be worse than the last reboot. It holds the record of how quickly it fucks itself up after such a strong start at 3-4 episodes.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Both the original and the reboot had their charms. I wish they'd have continued from that...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Someone thought that art style was a great fucking idea to attach to a Thundercats cartoon? How are they still employed?

Goliath

Oct 28, 2017
Why can't they do what Sonic did in the 90s? One serious cartoon (the last series) and this silly one? Why Teen Titans go formula only?

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That poster is hilarious, and the intro clip looked great. Lotta people in this thread in mourning that we can't have a serious, gritty take on space cats in the future past fighting a mummy with a magic sword and a tank.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
You know, I am very open minded to comedy cartoons. Despite all the rage over the internet, I love Teen Titans Go....
But you know the difference between TT GO and this?

Teen Titan had an actual ending, although with some loose threads, but it ended in a respectable way and ran its course. So hold no grudge against TT GO and I find the bashing the show gets disgusting and undeserved.

This?....I wish I could be excited for this, but I remember the last cartoon, not exactly a masterpiece a good action show, was treated disgustingly and cancelled without any closure. And now CN greenlights this...sight, its probably going to be a good show and very funny, but I really can't help and be extremely disappointing. I guess this is exactly how TT fans feel.

WB did the right thing ditching CN and making the own streaming service for their shows, maybe Young Justice's Season 3, if successful, may resurrect the other show. But is really sad how CN is treating their action shows..