• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
One of the few games I'm actually excited for. Fell in love ever since they first let us get a taste of the gameplay.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Have been waiting for this forever, and the demo was awesome. Will go Switch digital and physical.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Seems weird to not be releasing *just* on PS4 at this point... especially when it was previously announced as coming to PS4 apparently.

Can only speculate as to the why of course, but it's not hard to guess what probably happened tbh.

Kinda like how Little Devil Inside was announced as a Kickstarter coming to everything and is now only on PlayStation?

But yeah...I guess we can only speculate.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
edit: nvm, should've read the last page first.

anyways, this game looks killer, glad to see it's coming to Xbox, need more Devlolver love there.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
Aside from first party titles there has never been a game I actively looked forward that comes to game pass before I play it.

This is exciting.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This popped up on the front page of Steam for me just now, and I had forgotten about this game. I remember being interested when I saw the initial reveal, and it looks like it will be here pretty soon. Kind of looks like you get to play a biohazard from an RE game for a change.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If anyone has any doubts try the demo on Steam. Played it during that Steam demo fest a while ago and I will definitely be picking it up.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not available on PS. I'll get it in switch, but damn will that affect the games impact when it's missing from the biggest platform.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Not available on PS. I'll get it in switch, but damn will that affect the games impact when it's missing from the biggest platform.

I don't think they will be too worried. Most indies have better sales on Switch than on PS4.

If we are talking about "recognition" I don't think that matters. Cuphead is one of the most recognised and most relevant indie games this generation and wasn't launched on PS4.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 missing out is a shame, but it happens and I'll happily wait. Looks great and looks like a lot of fun to play, can't wait to try it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Lol what a ride this short thread has already been. It was even more confusing because the store page isn't working for me or is taken down (says "feature not available" or something). But I was reading the description on the insert and I was like... huh... Russian girl with telekinesis..?

Sure but how does Nintendo make money off of that?
So, I'm not saying this necessarily just makes sense. But, xCloud is an online service. Nintendo Online is the means by which you access online services on the Switch. Everyone who wants to access xCloud on the Switch must pay for a Nintendo Online sub as well. Maybe they provide a bundle deal. Nintendo also takes a small portion of every xCloud for Switch sub sold (the numbers may vary - I HIGHLY doubt MS would agree to 30%, but hey who knows maybe). Thus, for absolutely 0 effort on the part of Nintendo, they sell more of their own subs and piggyback off the success of one of their competitors. MS wins too - what a legitimacy booster for xCloud that would be.

The real question is whether Nintendo would rather roll their own service. If so, then I could see them working with MS to white label xCloud tech (since it's already working), to deliver virtual console or whatever via streaming. There might be some overlap there.. but.. MS wins there too with a big business deal. Mutual small sacrifices for the bigger platform plays.

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
These games are perfectly suited to handheld mode, so I'll be getting it on the Switch. Looks a goodun.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why this particular game got everyone's ire re: platforms. If you look at like, practically every Devolver Digital game, none of them released on all 4 platforms at once.

They're still a relatively small publisher working with small devs. It's not a conspiracy.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is so close to my birthday and one of my most anticipated games. I'm REALLY happy about this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why this particular game got everyone's ire re: platforms. If you look at like, practically every Devolver Digital game, none of them released on all 4 platforms at once.

They're still a relatively small publisher working with small devs. It's not a conspiracy.
i think some marketing/exclusivity money from the platform holders is involved in a lot of these cases. yeah sometimes it's about the teams being small and having to prioritize the platforms that are the most important to them, but looking at the devolver direct from yesterday and having fall guys be console exclusive to PS (with an appearance from Shu), Olija being console exclusive to switch with the "uncle from nintendo" skit and this being introduced by phil, i think this is a case of the platform holders having these relationships with indie devs/publishers that i assume benefits both.

same with annapurna interactive, they've been working with all platform holders and introducing games in their events, and most of their upcoming lineup is console exclusive to one of the 3 console platforms (as well as a few EGS exclusives for PC).

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Tried the Steam demo and liked it. Will eventually buy it on Steam since I liked the controls with a mouse better than with the controller.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
This looks great. Be trying this as soon as it's out.

So much port begging over three pages. Imagine if every game that missed Xbox was just full of port begging in threads.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
I seriously don't see MS buying so the game don't come on PS4 honestly, more like it was first planned PC first only, MS paid to have the game on game pass too, then they decided to add Switch SKU since it's the second main platform for indie games.
Nothing more than that

rouken

Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
looks great. gameplay looks exciting having many abilities other than just rolling through enemies.

too bad about this thread though, you don't see that much timed exclusive whining crap on the Fall Guy thread.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it's up to them which audiences they target at which time. Given the timing they may just do a next gen release later.