• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 19, 2020
I mean Cards Against Humanity is the quintessential edgelord humor game so this is like the least surprising thing.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who ran into these guys at gaming conventions in the early days of the game would not be surprised.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This seems pretty obvious. We used to play this game in group therapy and sometimes it got extremely awkward.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Is it THAT surprising? I mean the quoted things are pretty damn messed up though. I guess I did assume along with others that the humor was self aware but sometimes even the boss sips the coolaid

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Casual Racism the game is run by a piece of shit?
giphy.gif

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I recall something about Max Tempkin being a shit lord from years ago also?

Unsurprising.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm....actually not surprised. This card game never was for me.

Still its devastating to see how the employees suffered in various ways.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i was always surprised at how well his image was maintained after the rape accusation

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
He developed a card game that allows people to be racist pieces of shit themselves but it's okay because it's "funny"

I liked it at the time but its novelty wore off.

May 19, 2020
It's a card game that allows people to be racist pieces of shit themselves but it's okay because it's "funny"

I liked it at the time but its novelty wore off.
It's also a game that quite honestly grows old after maybe 2 or 3 parties where you play it. Once you hit all the punchlines and exhaust the "shock value" there's like zero reason to play it anymore.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I never heard about the accusations leveled against him before but this is all disgusting shit. As someone who owns a nearly complete set of the game, I'm seriously considering junking it.

Hell, there were some cards that I outright tossed when I'd discover them while playing because they were just blatantly racist or transphobic. Granted, I never felt a financial loss as I received them all as gifts but I definitley backed off of the game for game nights once I realized just how many cards went from being "gross" to gross. Sign me up for a game of werewolf over stuff like CAH any day of the week.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
It's also a game that quite honestly grows old after maybe 2 or 3 parties where you play it. Once you hit all the punchlines and exhaust the "shock value" there's like zero reason to play it anymore.

Exactly. I didn't want to play it anymore after playing it with my girlfriends grandparents and having her grandmother read the pac man guzzling cum one.

Haven't played since.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you fuckin kidding me, I was thrilled that they "saved" clickhole, those poor clickbois can't catch a break.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This was a poorly kept secret, yes.

The is a reason why the first edition is so so so much more vile than the subsequent editions.

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite version of the game was a friend of mine would just take out all the shitty "shock" value, "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic, etc, but..." cards

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Good, now I have a reason to not play that piece of shit excuse for a game besides the fact that it straight-up sucks as a game.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Huh. I didn't know much about him, honestly, but I know he did a podcast for a while with one of my favorite authors, Pat Rothfuss, and it was always really interesting and fun to listen to. Sad to hear, and I wonder what Pat's thoughts would be about this.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, come on, that game is a pressure valve for people to be POS in a controlled environment.

How can people like this shit.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, people that gravitate around this game seem to be a certain type.