• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Cool that this is happening. It seems it's fully action-based with maybe some in-game "cutscenes" for special moves. I would have prefered for it to be more turn based like the old games, but it makes sense for the current gaming landscape to make it as fast and accessible to everyone as possible.

Hope it does well.

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
Does this have RPG/adventure like exploration or is it all based around the matches?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
HO-LY SHIT.

Day One!

Not a football fan at all, but this was my gem as child. Tsubasa was a huge thing in Germany.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That looks better than it had any right to be.

Could be a sleeper hit if gameplay is fun.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Never seen the show but this is exactly what I want from sports games. None of that boring realism, more of this.

Interested in checking it out if it plays well.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I wasn't expecting good graphics, art and animations. Loved the one on PS1 and enjoyed the one on PS2.

Defo buying this one.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That's a unexpected but welcome surprise, day one! :D I wonder what the shortest match time is, two hours for one half perhaps? :P

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Nitpick time. I really dislike Bassam's(kojiro ) tiger model. Looks so weird like it's half bear.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So, after my initial hype calmed down a bit, I looked up the history of Captain Tsubasa games, and according to this this new title became noteworthy for a couple of things:

It is the:

• First Captain Tsubasa game to launch on a console device in 10 years
  • First Captain Tsubasa game to launch on a home console in 14 years
  • First Captain Tsubasa console game to release internationally in 28 years
  • First ever Captain Tsubasa game game launching internationally on a console with the "Captain Tsubasa" label.

No wonder I used Inazuma Eleven to fill the void, there was never a possibility for me to play a dedicated Captain Tsubasa console game!

This is making me even more hyped!

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
This could be huge in europe, latin countries around the globe and the middle east. Some stars like Messi specifically cite Tsubasa as the reason they are so into football.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. Specially because the original anime was a huge hit on France and Italy, so it's a shame it won't have those languages included.
Especially since it's more of an arcade game and I doubt it will have some crazy amount of text.....even the mobile CT game are translated and have german and french text. Seems off.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Nice to see weird games like this still get made. Hoping it has a good flow to it and not constant breakups like the trailer showed