• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Was tempted to get this but no co op was an issue. Now will grab it.

Guessing you can play with single joycon ?

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Can anyone provide a screenshot of this supposedly annoying motion cursor people mention? Was it in the WiiU version (which I played) ?
The cursor wasn't in the Wii U because you always have the touchscreen. The switch game needs it for the touchscreen parts of the game, but it's motion controlled and huge and annoying.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I (nearly) 100%d this on Wii U but the announcement of this update made me double dip. So happy there's co-op now! Only a few levels in but it actually works surprisingly well considering the game isn't designed around it all.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
It's a wonderful game but I already have the game on Wii U as well. Buying it again for a small handful of new levels? I rather not. I just want a sequel.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I played it on WiiU already and wasn't going to double dip, but between the co-op and DLC, I just might.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I beat this game on Wii U and loved it. I originally decided against buying it again on Switch, but this has changed my mind. I'll play through it again with my girlfriend and get the DLC as well.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I was like, "Damn, they're charging for 5 new levels?", but then saw the price was $6.

If nothing else, Ninty are pretty fair with their DLC pricing.
...Ignoring Fire Emblem, lol.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I was like, "Damn, they're charging for 5 new levels?", but then saw the price was $6.

If nothing else, Ninty are pretty fair with their DLC pricing.
...Ignoring Fire Emblem, lol.
Yeah, hearing that there were only 5 new courses and a bunch of remixes sounded like highway robbery until I saw how cheap it was.

Had enough gold points to get it for next to nothing, so no complaints here.

Hans

Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo said:
Purchase now and get early access to a new course right away, then get the remaining DLC when it launches.

Is the new course already available? The update to version 1.1.0 added the co-op mode but I can't find the new course. Is this another update later today?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Is the new course already available? The update to version 1.1.0 added the co-op mode but I can't find the new course. Is this another update later today?
You have to buy the DLC. If you do, one new course/level is available. I guess the remaining ones will come out in March?

Hans

Oct 29, 2017
Stupid question, but you made sure to close the game after you bought it?
Yes, I just tested it again to be sure. Strange. Is it possible that the early access is not (yet) available in Europe?

XCJS7K0.jpg

62L38dR.jpg

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yes, I just tested it again to be sure. Strange. Is it possible that the early access is not (yet) available in Europe?

XCJS7K0.jpg

62L38dR.jpg
It would be strange if it wasn't... only other thing I could think of would be a region mismatch but that's pretty unlikely too.

Sorry, wish I had a better answer :(

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, my game shows Special below bonus instead of the Eshop link. I didn't have the game running in the background, so the first time I booted up was after the update + DLC purchase. Since you already closed the game and restarted, not sure why it isn't showing up.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
What does the coop actually add to the game gameplay wise? Not wrapping my head around that tbh.

I also see people complain about the doc, but isn't it like 7 bucks??

Hans

Oct 29, 2017
It would be strange if it wasn't... only other thing I could think of would be a region mismatch but that's pretty unlikely too.

Sorry, wish I had a better answer :(

Finally figured it out: Looks like the initial download somehow wasn't successful and the update check does not include downloadable content. But there's an option to re-download missing/deleted software in the eShop and this activated the DLC.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I fully understand that they won't do this on the WiiU, but stil... This is cruel! :(

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed the DLC. The first level early bird bonus is classic Toad, with those fun puzzles that can really give your noggin a workout..

The clips of the other levels in the Direct look dynamite, can't wait. Well worth approx $1 and change for each of these 5 new levels.

Viva capitan todd, the hidden gem of Wii U!

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Bump to remind everyone that this is releasing tomorrow. I'm excited, especially since there's been nothing really from Nintendo so far this year.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone been playing it? I'm really enjoying the new ideas they have put into these levels, plus the brand new ones they made.