• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't get how people are seeing these trailers and claim it looks boring or whatever.

Makes no sense to me.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This was way better than the previous 2 trailers by far to me. More Brie Larson and Jude Law personalities than the other 2 combined.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Better than the other trailers, but I'm still not quite sold. I think I have to wait for reviews and audience reactions to this one.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
American cinemas are nutty, it's all sold out for you guys already? I buy a ticket like a week before usually lol..

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that we're starting to see more of Carol's personality - her no-bullshit confidence, with that undercurrent of frustration/anger. (Carol, Tony, and Dr. Strange in a scene together would certainly be something.) Carol and Fury also seem to be trying to out snark each other in scenes, which I'm also here for. I did have a snort at Larson's delivery of: 'a Skrull can not do that.'

Also, her hair was messed up! FINALLY.

Obligatory: Stupid Sexy Jude Law.

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
I feel like I must be watching a different trailer than most in this thread, because that looked awful. Bree sounds dull and flat. The special effects (while maybe not final?) looked kinda meh.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Do the people who don't like this character or trailers go to the same seminars to learn how to comment on the internet?

"Not feeling it"
"Character doesn't deserve a movie"
"Vanilla"

The criticisms are so homogeneous, they come across has preconceived canned responses.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017

If that's going to be her signature power or move or whatever, then it should look a lot cooler, a lot more powerful and deadly. I don't think your average filmgoer who doesn't know anything about the character (which is me, basically) is going to think her powers look very cool at all. A lot, I'm willing to bet, are going to be kind of scratching her heads and be like, "so that's all she does? She flies around and shoots lasers out of her fists?"

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If that's going to be her signature power or move or whatever, then it should look a lot cooler, a lot more powerful and deadly. I don't think your average filmgoer who doesn't know anything about the character (which is more or less what I am) is going to think her powers look very cool at all. A lot, I'm willing to bet, are going to be kind of scratching her heads and be like, "so that's all she does? She flies around and shoots lasers out of her fists?"
I'm not worried. They will explain it and/or make the viewer like it. It will be a huge movie. Marvel has yet to fail. I doubt they start now.

Oct 27, 2017
Do the people who don't like this character or trailers go to the same seminars to learn how to comment on the internet?

"Not feeling it"
"Vanilla"

The criticisms are so homogeneous, they come across has preconceived canned responses.
I'm still seeing it, idk how Captain Marvel should be like but Brie seems bored as shit.

I hope I'm wrong and the movie is great.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
DwXER1cXQAAaNtQ.jpg

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

"Not feeling it"
"Vanilla"

That or the product elicits similar reactions amongst various people...

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

"Not feeling it"
"Vanilla"

Compliments for a trailer are probably as homogeneous ('This looks great'). It probably has more to do with what you're looking for.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
People are being a lot more postive about this one on Twitter. Glad they decided to show more personality and lean into the 90's nostalgia a lil here.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Am I crazy for loving all three trailers?? I mean I'm a huge MCU fanboy so maybe it's bias but good lord looking at reactions you'd think this is the next Catwoman or Suicide Squad.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving her sassiness here, it's really weird how none of that comes off in the first two trailers.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The first two trailers didn't really do anything for me but I thought this looked way better.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does Jude Law's character come off as... patronizing in almost every interaction we've seen of her with Carol?

Maybe it's just me.