• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
...It's fine not to like it? Plenty of people don't like Black Panther, The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters reboot, with good reasons for their opinions, and nobody should be against that.

What the problem is, is when the arguments against the movie are so thin that it's a cover for not liking it because it stars an outspoken woman who is stating facts. Considering how much of the Ghostbusters hate that was recieved was because of their gender, how much BP got for their race and tackling racial issues, and so on, and the bullshit already launched at Captain Marvel, I would make sure that if you didn't like the movie, to explain why.

Hey, I have no argumentations against the movie since I've not seen it yet. The various trailers did nothing to excite my interest but heck, I remember thinking Winter Soldier looked absolutely uninteresting and it's still the best Marvel movie. I really loved Alita (despite its flaws) so I'm all in for another female led action flick.

But the reaction to negative reactions seems to be precisely Black Panther/TLJ all over again. I've been very critical of TLJ and despite thinking (and stating) Rey is the best thing of the ST and Rose is one of the best things about TLJ I still had to wade through endless accusations of being sexist or lowkey an alt right supporter. It took week after TLJ released to get to actually talk about the movie.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm seeing ONLY positive reactions from people who saw it, so why should it land under 80%? I don't think it will be as praised as BP but it definitely looks on an upward trajectory to me.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Moon of Jupiter

There's nothing that suggests it'll be that low given press reactions which have been nigh uniformly positive.
Press reactions are generally far more favorable than reviews. That said, I think this movie will be stellar. My trepidation is due to the opposition to it.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Moon of Jupiter

There's nothing that suggests it'll be that low given press reactions which have been nigh uniformly positive.

In the MCU, it's not the moon of Jupiter, it's a seperate planet. (I read that the Eternals moved from the moon, to this new planet, and just called it that, but I guess that's something we'll learn in the Eternals movies)

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Do we know how much of the film is just Goose, 80%? 90%?

Goose surprised me. Was expecting just a cute cat to keep Fury amused. Exceeded expectations.

Hey, I have no argumentations against the movie since I've not seen it yet. The various trailers did nothing to excite my interest but heck, I remember thinking Winter Soldier looked absolutely uninteresting and it's still the best Marvel movie. I really loved Alita (despite its flaws) so I'm all in for another female led action flick.

But the reaction to negative reactions seems to be precisely Black Panther/TLJ all over again. I've been very critical of TLJ and despite thinking (and stating) Rey is the best thing of the ST and Rose is one of the best things about TLJ I still had to wade through endless accusations of being sexist or lowkey an alt right supporter. It took week after TLJ released to get to actually talk about the movie.

Captain Marvel is the movie that Alita wanted to be.

And while reviews aren't the place for it, there are layers to unpack here about how the character develops as both a hero and as a woman. None of it is preachy. It's just part of her experience.

Uhh, what?

The lowest phase 3 movie has an 84% RT. Even AMatW and Strange are 88% and 89% respectively and all talk of CM so far is making it sound like a much better movie than those two.

Captain Marvel is in the top five for me right now as far as Marvel films go.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I hope reviewers stick to reviewing the movie based on what's on the screen, and not any outside voices.

I have tickets purchased for Friday night, can't wait to see it!

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing shit like this fill up my recommendations leaves me exhausted:

DNwAkBW.png

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that the first RT review is out. Was looking for a review thread but couldn't find it.

Anyways here.

so it seems to be from a site called timeout and it is an 3/5 rotten.... However the same guy also gave infinity war the exact same score, so it really doesn't say anything. (other than it's as good as infinity war:))

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Why do these bigots always see politics in everything? They're fantasy movies. Fictional characters.

giphy.gif

I look forward to witnessing the schadenfreude when it makes almost a billion dollars.

1) because politics ARE in almost everything

2) because it's politics that disagree with their world view

But it is funny that people who claim to hate politics in media are the one drawing the most attention to it.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I have mostly avoided the trash trying to push their sexist agenda and bring this film down, but I'm in absolute awe at the stupidity that is being posted online in response to positive impressions.

EDIT: I deleted the screen caps, because I don't want to give these idiots unnecessary promotion.

Last edited:

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys let's just stop getting off topic here thx

Cmon man that's not Pewdiepie it's Gloria harlow, the host of pew news

Ok , what do you mean by this then? This movie is going to be successful bc it's a marvel movie. If it wasn't...Ghostbusters remake all over again

Fake edit.

Fuck this, not worth the effort. Leaving this message as it is.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
that's on you for daring to see a video theory on the MCU.

this is exactly what you want to see am I right?

Youtube was like my mum trying to figure what I liked and want to eat when I was young.

"Oh you like prawn salad? Let me make this 3 times a week and other lettuce permutations for the next three months. On other days you shall have fried tofu at least once a day!"

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So no END GAME final trailer?
I am surprise. Movie is coming out next month.
I figured CM was vehicle for the final EG trailer.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
You don't really need to carry people to see Endgame. Marketing/spoilers and talk about it will be everywhere at release.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Dr Strange is by far one of my favorites
Dr Strange was fine. But it goes I to the lower tier for me simply because nearly everything else is better. I like it, but I'd honestly put it right above Thor 2 as the worst. I like Thor 2 as well, it's just there has to be the ones at the bottom.

It doesn't help that in Ragnarok Strange was portrayed as a much more interesting character in the 5 minute camero than his entire movie.