• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
FREAKING LOVED IT!!

So the fucking sound went out a few times towards the end. Everyone got free tickets to whatever movie.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed it, it wasn't the best Marvel movie, but I had a good time.

I'm just a girl was a little on the nose though.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest surprise of the movie for me was
the complete 180 on the Skrulls. I thought for sure it was going to come back around in the end with Talos betraying them or something, but they really committed to the Skrulls as the relative good guys, refugees getting picked off by the evil Kree. Pretty much upends everyone's expectations of a Secret Invasion adaptation (which I was never keen on anyway), but it's just an unexpectedly huge departure from the comics.
Very interesting.

Between the

"smile girl" comment from the biker and all the comments of people during flashbacks telling her to stay down, saying she's not as strong as she thinks she is, etc. It made it seem like the filmmakers knew the kind of backlash that Carol would get.
No, that's just what women have to deal with constantly

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Same in mine, but I'm talking from my experience and it really took the air out of the film for me. Good for those who don't know though.

Oh, sure. That kind of comes with being people who post on a place like ResetEra though: we keep up with all that casting stuff.

I thought the Skrull twist was surprising though -- and the fact that he didn't double cross Carol was even more surprising.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mad I called Fury losing his eye that way lmfao fucking hell.

Oh, sure. That kind of comes with being people who post on a place like ResetEra though: we keep up with all that casting stuff.

I thought the Skrull twist was surprising though -- and the fact that he didn't double cross Carol was even more surprising.

I saw it coming.

I might be misremembering, but I feel like skrulls haven't been entirely hostile to humans in awhile.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017

I was thinking that at first as well. But as soon as he said the word refuge, I knew that there wouldn't be a double cross.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching it. As an origin film it's probably one of their best. As an MCU film, it's up there.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did she ever find their planet because I feel like A4 is her first time on earth in 30 years.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but I'm a guy, so that ain't really my call.

It's defin the stronger movie, though.
Both movies tell girls to stand up and fight for whats right. Not to mention feminism can't be defined by one thing. It's a lot of things. At the end of the day the female fans are winning.

Last edited:

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just got home from seeing it. It was a damn good movie. I enjoyed it very much.

Third MCU movie to get me to shed a tear. (GotG Vol. 2 and Black Panther)

This one did it in record time though.

The tribute at the beginning was everything and it made me cry. We love you, Stan.

Oct 25, 2017
Really good movie. One of the better origin films.

could have done without the Tesseract retcon. They clearly found that under the ocean with Cap, right?

I wonder if they're setting something up for Endgame, with her having a link to the Space Stone. Been thinking they would go with Vision's link with the Mond stone, and do something similar to Adam's role in the comics, but maybe it will be Carole.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its a very good movie.

I really liked Brie Larson and I am not getting why she was criticized at all. She is incredibly funny, sly, cute, cool, badass, courageous, naive and vengeful all in one film. The only problem i guess is that she is basically superman like. She is too damn powerful for the enemies in this films.

Samuel L Jackson is also incredible. I think its the most screentime he got in any marvel movie so far and he kills it. Well he always does I guess.

Also I love Jude Law in this... dont want to dive into spoilers too much though

Combine that with a surprisingly okay plot (heard lot of critique but the story worked for me fine), great visuals (kinda got me starwars vibes more so than guardians) and a nice cast overall and you got yourself a worthy mcu film.

We probably are too spoiled with ragnarok, black panther or infinity war but id rank it just below those and higher than ant and the wasp, guardian 2 and dr. Strange.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got home from seeing it. It was a damn good movie. I enjoyed it very much.

Third MCU movie to get me to shed a tear. (GotG Vol. 2 and Black Panther)

This one did it in record time though.

The tribute at the beginning was everything and it made me cry. We love you, Stan.

I noticed the couple next to us audibly sobbing and that made me almost break down.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Just got home, fucking LOVED IT.

I haven't kept up with the comics for a long ass time, and only knew very little about Carol, but holy shit did Brie sell me on her. Carol is fucking great and I can't wait for more of her.

Easily one of my favorite MCU movies, right away. Just fun start to finish.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This movie kicked ass.

Also pssss, this film is an MCU tale that's outwardly pro-Palestine.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
After seeing this I can understand all the alt-right backlash towards it. I love that you can clearly tell SLJ still enjoys doing these movies. One of the most underrated castings in the MCU.

Movie was pretty enjoyable for me. It's in the higher middle tier of MCU movies. Fairly predictable but fun and feel good.

Thanos better stay his ass on that farm.

Nov 13, 2017
Just saw it. It was only ok. Brie's acting was a mess.

As someone who considers themself a feminist, even I found the female empowerment stuff way too heavy handed and on the nose. Like...it really just got to be overbearing by the time that one fight scene took place with the pop song.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My new MCU ranking:

Infinity War
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Civil War
Homecoming
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Age of Ultron
Captain Marvel
Thor Ragnarok
The First Avenger
Iron Man 3
Iron Man
Ant-Man & the Wasp
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 2
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Thor 2

Gotta stress that from Ragnarok on up is all top-tier for me. Phase 3 has been fucking nuts.

Both movies tell girls to stand up and fight for whats right. Not to mention feminism can't be defined by one thing. It's a lot of things. At the end of the day the female fans are winning.

You'll never hear me say otherwise. I can think one was better and still appreciate what both bring to the table.

Maybe she did return once before, we have no inclination that this is or isn't her first time back since the plot

I'm pretty sure she hasn't. Certainly not since the Avengers have been a thing.

Doubt she'd have returned undercover, and her powers aren't exactly easy to keep a lid on.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Wonder Woman fights in a mini skirt and corset, and falls in love with and fucks the first man she meets.

Your turn.

wait....wait.... You can't fuck and be a feminist movie? or Fall in love? What bullshit is that?

Also She is wearing a Battle skirt that goes almost to her knee's All She had to do was throw a cape on it and it would have been straight up Spartan/ Greek Battle gear.

That is such a stupid thing to dock points for a movie on.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I quite liked it! Was a lot funnier than I was expecting. Brie Larson can't run worth a shit though 😬

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
how anime does it get when she goes full powered?

If you are talking IW types of anime then not so much but she has her moments in the 3rd act but dont expect anything before that. If you are looking for her "anime" side then you know which movie to look forward too.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To quote this post from Superherohype:

Critic A: Brie Larson is amazing.
Critic B: Brie Larson is bland.

Critic A: It's incredibly fun.
Critic B: It's a borefest.

Critic A: It's a step in the right direction.
Critic B: It's a step back.

oprahwhatisthetruth.gif
Im with A but watch it for yourself
First act was a drag, but I really enjoyed it once it got going.

I did not find it a drag but yes the movie gets much better later

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This movie is explicitly anti-imperialist, and joins the list of recent Marvel films taking that stance. Good shit.