• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh, this is better than the original scene where it just seems she steals the bike just 'cause he looked at her weird.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
My favorite MCU character. Wish this scene was in the theatrical cut.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The scene doesn't make sense in the context of the movie; the one in the final cut works much better.

Also, all of those people posting negative comments are the insufferable cunts.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
The scene is corny as hell, but I love it. The haters need to move on already, I mean imagine spending all your time obsessing over an actor / character that you obviously hate, it is one thing to have legitimate criticisms of a movie or actor, but they are just flat out hating with no good reason.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Lets not forget the Guardians of the Galaxy all being actual criminals.
What do you mean Yondu is a villain? Sure, he kidnapped all those children and sent them to a certain death, but he couldn't know that Ego would murder them! And yes, he was so bad that the other Ravagers banned him, but they just didn't understand him! Also, he totally redeemed himself when he "saved" Star-Lord.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I never heard of her before captain Marvel but i looked into the replies people make about her (also about that interview with Chris Hemsworth and stuff) some weeks ago and WOW!!!' A lot of men are fucking babies. Parents, don't raise your son into these horrible asshats. SHe seems perfectly okay. It's 100% dumb insecure asshats.

Last edited:

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
The fuck is peoples problem with Captain Marvel?

Even some of my friends (including women) who watch every Marvel movie said they'll wait for the Blu-Ray release. It was better than a lot of the other MCU stuff....

It's not even political or anything just another super hero movie. People are fucking idiots.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Even some of my friends (including women) who watch every Marvel movie said they'll wait for the Blu-Ray release. It was better than a lot of the other MCU stuff....

It's not even political or anything just another super hero movie. People are fucking idiots.
Strong women got some people shook

Hate to see it

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I see T2 about half a dozen times in the cinema, I need to rewatch it again as it's been so long.

Don't think that scene was a good fit for the movie, most viewers probably wouldn't get the reference.

Oct 29, 2017

Film made over a billion dollars, fam, don't worry. Plenty of people went to see it and likely didn't know that people were trying to stir shit up.

It's because people hate a certain kind of woman and Captain Marvel fits that, it's hard to put my finger on as she does shit that most other male action star would do - someone is a douche to you, you steal their bike - but does it as a woman so it's instantly politicised.

Plus Brie said something about wanting women to be film reviewers or something and people took that to mean 'fire men' not 'hire more people.'

People are just twats, basically. I wouldn't concern yourself about it.

I also just noticed the biker was my man from EastEnders back in the day, was surprised to see him in Pacific Rim too.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This is the ultimate example of why I will never understand these people. If this scene says anything it's about how bad the writing for these movies are that they need to reference a better movie in order to stay entertaining. I can't see any "SJW propaganda" here unless they consider Terminator 2 "SJW propaganda" now which I wouldn't be fucking surprised.

Oct 25, 2017
These men are pathetic.
It's a T2 homage and it was done well imo. I haven't seen the film so it's cool that there's an extended cut coming out.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
It's sad that so many people hate Captain Marvel just "because."

I wonder if these people go to work with the same energy.

Jan 10, 2018
I laughed when she stole the bike and then proceeded to drive like a maniac. Reminded me of that old Captain America movie where he hijacks a car. xD

As far as the feminist content goes it's extremely on the nose and borders on cringe-worthy. But if it's any kind of movie that they can pull that kind of thing of it's a superhero movie. All in all very harmless stuff.

airjoca

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I don't have a problem with Captain Marvel, or with an all powerful female superhero.

But there's a certain "it", something, that Brie Larson lacks in the role. It just feels flat. I keep thinking Emily Blunt or Charlize Theron would be fucking awesome in the role.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Dig it. Love Carol/Brie. It was best cut though. I think it works better the scene be short and there is still this lil' sense of vengeance that plays nicely as a sort-of afterthought.

The scene always reminds me of a semi-old youtube video of some creepy dude (filming himself) trying to talk to a woman in a library or cafe, telling her to smile and negging and other classic "PUA" bullshit. Just bad stuff.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
FnAKLTg.png

Cry some more, baby snowflakes
Jesus Christ, ~$3.38B in gross revenue with just 2 films. Ridiculous.

-----

That scene was actually pretty fun in the film, people need to lighten the fuck up. And not be sexist dicks, that would also help a lot.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate how Instagram assumes that since I like comic books I must like watching accounts dedicated to hating on CM, like this shit linked me to a video of some brit with a beard talking shit about Brie's singing from a decade ago, fuck you for putting me in a position that I have to defend a character I don't Even like.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Thank god for Captain Marvel and Brie Larson's existence, legit the only MCU superhero I can identify with, she's awesome!
Stay mad @manbabies!

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I've seen CM and I genuinely can't remember what happens in that scene originally. If you said that deleted scene was the original I'd believe you.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Angry losers make it really hard to criticize this terrible film without being mistaken for an angry loser.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

A lot of people wait for the dvd/blu ray/digital release anyway. It's one of the top earners for the MCU, that's not necessarily a poltical stance. Only avengers movies, civil war (which was an avengers movie in all but name) and black panther outperformed it. I guess if they were saying it just to be contrarian but it's not like it did ant Man or Dr strange numbers, which I know a lot of people who either outright skipped or onto watched later.

I've seen CM and I genuinely can't remember what happens in that scene originally. If you said that deleted scene was the original I'd believe you.

It's pretty similar, but a bit shorter and less on the nose as a terminator 2 reference. The guy is a utter asshole in the film still, and Carol steals his stuff in response.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the deliberate T2 similarities that made them avoid this specific cut. Maybe they'll be more down for those references if they actually owned the terminator franchise, but Disney hasn't quite consumed all yet.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
To bE fAiR

I actually do recall there being arguments over the scene in Man of Steel in which Clark destroys a guy's work truck for being an asshole in the bar. I mean, it was pretty consistent with Clark's characterization in the movie anyway, but that's beside the point. Point was that there was a similar outcry 6 years ago because some shithead in a bar received some sort of punishment for being a skeevy asshole and sexually assaulting a waitress.

So maybe it's less of a "feminazi is villain in her own movie!" thing and more of a general "wow won't someone think of the poor sexual harassers? That truck/bike was his livelihood!" thing. But it would be hard to parse with the wider hate campaign going on against Brie Larson anyway, so fuck 'em.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of glad they didn't include it, I think the scene works better without beating you over the head with the T2 reference.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The scene doesn't make sense in the context of the movie; the one in the final cut works much better.

Also, all of those people posting negative comments are the insufferable cunts.

Right, the scene in the movie makes more sense in context. Like captain America in Winter Soldier, she steals the guy's bike because she needs it. Not for petty vengeance.

The deleted scene is more fun to watch, but it doesn't make as much sense in the film.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Captain Marvel sucks but she is in the right here. Idiot should have walked away when he saw she wasn't interested.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just not analyzing movies right but that seemed pretty damn benign?

Like it was neither some "great victory" against toxic masculinity nor did she come across as an "insufferable cunt" or whatever the troll people are saying.

I guess I don't see what's so profound about a doucher getting what's coming to him that has people so up in arms?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a problem with Captain Marvel, or with an all powerful female superhero.

But there's a certain "it", something, that Brie Larson lacks in the role. It just feels flat. I keep thinking Emily Blunt or Charlize Theron would be fucking awesome in the role.

Yeah, I think she has the charm of an old sandwich, like casting Jai Courtney as Tony Stark.
Should have gone with the other Scott Pilgrim girlfriend and cast Mary Elizabeth Winstead. More eye twinkle in my opinion.
(hope it's cool for me to write this, the toxicity around the film is so fucking weird)

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed that every thread about sexist asshats saying stupid shit about Larson inspires folks to think that this is where "I should declare how lame and uncharismatic I think Larson is"

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly didn't like the movie much, but getting this triggered over a movie is something. A bit on the nose at times, but like not offensive at all.