• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
In some interview the writers said during that period they wouldn't put out an episode until every joke and scene was squeezed for every last drop of laughter, and that meant each joke had to have multiple levels. The best example is this, in terms of how many beats it has:

You've got:

• The bike getting cleaned when you think it will be destroyed
  • It falls apart anyway
  • The evil driver intended it the whole time!
  • The driver gets his comeuppance

All in like 15 seconds

One of Supereyepatchwolf's many fantastic videos is a a deep dive into the decline of The Simpsons and he references that specific joke to illustrate the show at it's high point.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the one with "The Bart, The" as a punchline?

The rakes, the Pirates of Penzance stuff...it's fucking classic. That rake bit is classic Looney Tunes.

And HEY BART, WANNA SEE MY NEW CHAINSAW AND HOCKEY MASK never fails to get me to laugh at it. What a stupid punchline.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I had actually watched the episode (many many times) years before I watched Cape Fear the movie. Was kind of surprised at how much they ended up lifting directly from the film, but I think watching the movie made me appreciate the episode much more.

Oct 26, 2017
923271.jpg

*groans*
I was hoping this would be the first response.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Excellent episode, but my favourite remains $pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling). Just like this one it has what are for me some of the best scenes in the series and the jokes just don't stop.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"She'll do 300 hectares on a single gas of kerosene."

"What country is this car from?"
"It uh, no longer exists. But take her for a test drive and you'll agree - zagreb evnan zlotnik diev!"

"Put it in H!"

This whole scene kills me, and the fly logo on the steering wheel always makes me laugh.