• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
An absolute goldmine with jokes like:

And

And that's not even half way through the episode.

What's your favourite episode? The Candy Convention episode is also so good

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Fantastic episode. Probably my personal favourite. The rakes, chainsaw and hockey-mask, bake em away toys etc. There's so many incredible moments in this episode.

Dec 3, 2018
Sideshow Bob's cry of "No" when Homer asks everyone if they want to drive over the cactus patch makes me laugh so hard. Also Sideshow Bob getting stomped by elephants celebrating Hannibal crossing the Alps. I love there is one elephant that only has the word "and". Of course the rake gag too. Lot of good violence.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Yeah, that's a good one. Most episodes with Sideshow Bob are great.
Also this little pearl, classic Wiggum:

As for favourites, too many to count.
The Monorail one, Who shot Mr Burns, Beer Baron, Lemon of Troy, the one with the Bear patrol that ends up being about immigrants, the one where kids are forced into curfew and they start spilling secrets, when Bart goes to work on Maison Derriere, when the teachers go on strike... So many...

Oct 25, 2017
923271.jpg

*groans*

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The rake bit is still so fucking perfect. I'm can easily just picture some editor and the director in the editing room, stretching that bit by doubling that footage again and again.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite, underappreciated gags in the show is how a pair of unidentified hands from offscreen gives Side Show Bob a bouquet after performing his one-man play. Everyone else is supposed to be tied up, it's just bart and side show bob on the boat, haha.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
caUxRrh.jpg

there's like 3 layers to every joke in this episode

and it's non fucking stop for the entire episode

these writers were high on something

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
MAYBE YOU ARE ALL HOMOSEXUALS!

The episode is wild one since it was the last episode being done by the Original Crew and a lot left the show after it and the ending was written by the Mirkin crew.

Oct 27, 2017
caUxRrh.jpg

there's like 3 layers to every joke in this episode

and it's non fucking stop for the entire episode

these writers were high on something

In some interview the writers said during that period they wouldn't put out an episode until every joke and scene was squeezed for every last drop of laughter, and that meant each joke had to have multiple levels. The best example is this, in terms of how many beats it has:

You've got:

• The bike getting cleaned when you think it will be destroyed
  • It falls apart anyway
  • The evil driver intended it the whole time!
  • The driver gets his comeuppance

All in like 15 seconds

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
In some interview the writers said during that period they wouldn't put out an episode until every joke and scene was squeezed for every last drop of laughter, and that meant each joke had to have multiple levels. The best example is this, in terms of how many beats it has:

You've got:

• The bike getting cleaned when you think it will be destroyed
  • It falls apart anyway
  • The evil driver intended it the whole time!
  • The driver gets his comeuppance

All in like 15 seconds

Totally. And this kind of stuff was all over the place during those first 8 season. Next level wit on display, honestly unlike any other tv show I've ever seen.

There's a reason why the show has aged so well and constantly produces new memes that catch on like wildfire, 20+ years after the episodes originally aired.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have Die Bart, Die as a full tattoo on my back. In the exact font/way it's written on Bob's chest.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have weirdly vivid memories of the day I watched it the first time when i was young. I suppose thats a testament to how good I thought it was back then.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a good one. Most episodes with Sideshow Bob are great.
Also this little pearl, classic Wiggum:

As for favourites, too many to count.
The Monorail one, Who shot Mr Burns, Beer Baron, Lemon of Troy, the one with the Bear patrol that ends up being about immigrants, the one where kids are forced into curfew and they start spilling secrets, when Bart goes to work on Maison Derriere, when the teachers go on strike... So many...

One of my favorite low-key jokes is how they are in their pajamas

Nov 14, 2017

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Sideshow Bob has no decency. He called me Chief Piggum! Heh, now I get it. That's good.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017

"She'll do 300 hectares on a single gas of kerosene."

"What country is this car from?"
"It uh, no longer exists. But take her for a test drive and you'll agree - zagreb evnan zlotnik diev!"

"Put it in H!"

This whole scene kills me, and the fly logo on the steering wheel always makes me laugh.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's probably my favourite episode on most days of the week. Top 5 on all days.

"She'll do 300 hectares on a single gas of kerosene."

"What country is this car from?"
"It uh, no longer exists. But take her for a test drive and you'll agree - zagreb evnan zlotnik diev!"

"Put it in H!"

This whole scene kills me, and the fly logo on the steering wheel always makes me laugh.

Unrelated, but I love this scene so much.
I just fell down a rabbit hole looking up what the hell that car was supposed to be.. what the

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Used to be my all-time favorite, but I burned myself out on it.

It's up there though, top five easily. Which for me probably rounds out with Lemon of Troy, Marge vs. the Monorail, Last Exit to Springfield and... ugh. Too much to choose from for a fifth.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I remember being in high school (middle school? whatever it was) and the day after that episode everyone was going "SMACK....groan...SMACK...groan"