• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Then it might be a rather expensive one, right? The pads need at least 6 buttons for the fighting games, and NL says they're going to be arcade-sized. I'm not expecting a lot of games on this thing, but I trust the emulation will be good.

This thing isn't getting Third Strike, is it?

A mini-to-mid size arcade stick with knock-off sanwa buttons retails between $60-90. I fully expect a Capcom mini-arcade won't retail any less than $100 USD.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why people would be disappointed but I'm 100% in even fully knowing I likely would need to mod it(although the teaser has me hoping it just calls fully Sanwa'd out).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Shrug, if they went to the trouble of getting the avp license for this, they could easily have also included in the agreement a clause for making it dlc for the beatemup collection too

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
200 price tag for a quality twin arcade stick isn't that expensive.
Considering this could be hosting exclusive home versions of AvP, Battle Circuit, Progear, Armored Warriors etc. that were never released anywhere else yeah, why not ?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Considering this could be hosting exclusive home versions of AvP, Battle Circuit, Progear, Armored Warriors etc. that were never released anywhere else yeah, why not ?
Yea it's actually a bargain for dual stick setup with presumably good quality parts and construction. The hardware alone would be worth it let alone the games.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of shocking to see Capcom finally acknowledging AvP after all of these years. I had always hoped for a console port but had pretty much given up on it. Maybe they can work another miracle and get The Punisher on there too.

Oct 25, 2017

InsidiousSeriousApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Cool if it's AVP, before Disney sells Fox's gaming IP's to EA lol.
Edit: Oh, i was hoping for AVP on Steam or something.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

You're right, it's a reasonable price for a high quality 2P arcade stick. Still, I hope there's a cheaper model that has a tiny box with regular controllers for half the price.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
You're right, it's a reasonable price for a high quality 2P arcade stick. Still, I hope there's a cheaper model that has a tiny box with regular controllers for half the price.

You know though..these games are pointless without a proper arcade stick.
Mashing those buttons is like 70% of the fun, sogood.gif

Of course a full sized dual stick setup is not for everyone but Capcom could absolutely knock it out of the park if this thing came with 2 USB cords and could be plugged into a PC (and consoles?) to be used as 2 controllers

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Disney has generally been pretty good about rereleasing old games from their classic IPs. In the past few years, we've gotten Steam/GOG rereleases of The Lion King, Virgin's Aladdin game, Rogue Squadron, and Episode I Racer off the top of my head.

Don't forget Disney Afternoon with Capcom! So there's a relationship there, but I'd be shocked if they dealt with Disney for Predator stuff, this has probably been in the works for some months.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Welp it seems Capcom is again making the wrong decisions, it was good whil its lasted...

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
You know though..these games are pointless without a proper arcade stick.
Mashing those buttons is like 70% of the fun, sogood.gif
More fulfilling, sure. But we've gotten enough arcade/fighting compilations to know that it ain't pointless! The controllers have worked fine so far.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'd still rather this just be a game, but if it's actually a quality stick, I'd still be in for it.

Progear helps a lot.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
i'm going to venture a guess that some of these games would have not been able to be easily licensed on digital platforms.

It's quite possible. Although I have no idea how licensing on these sort of devices compares to game licensing on consoles. Maybe less exclusivity or competing licensor stipulations?

Even if that's a reason why AvP may be possible this way, people will still be upset if it's the only way to get AvP.
It would be nice if they explain that if so, however.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
lmao i hope i have money for this when it drops and that it's print run isn't tiny. This sounds cool based on rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.